Need help with increasing Marauder's HP pool

Hi, noob here.

So i have this level 73 chieftain, built around righteous fire.

I have something like 72 lighting, and all other resistances maxed out (fire resistance is over 75 thanks to some item).

Basically my number 1 issue is that my survivability is nothing, my hp pool which is normally ~3400 (level 73) simply melts away in 3 hits (i just restated passives to get that passive which makes you use life instead of mana and gives you like +35% hp, but i still end up around same exact hp since i have to have fire aura on in order to run righteous fire without it burning life). I just did my first couple of lab maps, and there is this little lighting boss that hits fast. That thing kills me in 3 hits quite literally, sometimes i cant even run up to it, and my guy is dead.

Meanwhile i watch some vids on righteous fire builds and people are running around with like 6000 hp in late level 60s.

How to hell do i raise my hp pool to 5000+?
Is it normal that these bosses do so much damage to my character?
Is it possible somehow to get more "takniness"?
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2017, 7:45:54 PM
Total up your +% life on the tree. Should be well over 150%. If not, you've gone too offensive in the tree for end game fun. Then, make sure items come with +life or +Str. Remember that each point of Strength gives you +.5 flat life, so an item that has +50 Str has a hidden +25 life too. A good leather belt can easily have over +100 life.

Changing your profile to public will let us look at your characters.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 16, 2017, 12:20:07 PM
3400 Life is extremely low for a Righteous Fire build, where your damage is scaled based on your life total. RF builds regularly pick up most all of the life on the tree, and get more life on jewels, and look for high flat life rolls on gear.
U MAD?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Total up your +% life on the tree. Should be well over 150%. If not, you've gone too offensive in the tree for end game fun. Then, make sure items come with +life or +Str. Remember that each point of Strength gives you +.5 flat life, so an item that has +50 Str has a hidden +25 life too. A good leather belt can easily have over +100 life.

Changing your profile to public will let us look at your characters.

I think i changed the profile correctly, let me know if it doesnt work, and plox take a look >.<
Well... the topaz ring has to go, and the belt isn't doing much for you. Jealous as shit that you have a Rise of the Phoenix... never had one.

The path you chose out of the start is kind of weird. I would go with the life/armor wheel below it.

You'll also want to spec out of the +resists part of your tree. It's relatively easy to come up with enough resists on items compared with coming up with +% life.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 16, 2017, 1:10:58 PM
You have pathed into leech nodes, but aren't using any skills that can leech...
U MAD?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Well... the topaz ring has to go, and the belt isn't doing much for you. Jealous as shit that you have a Rise of the Phoenix... never had one.

The path you chose out of the start is kind of weird. I would go with the life/armor wheel below it.

You'll also want to spec out of the +resists part of your tree. It's relatively easy to come up with enough resists on items compared with coming up with +% life.

Ok lets say i replace belt and ring. Rings get like +70ish or 80ish hp max, belts maybe as much, maybe i can get some unique belt with HP. Thats still couple 100 HP more, a little short of like 2000+ i feel like i should have.

If you can see my passive skill tree, youll notice that there isnt any easily reachable +life% skills i can take. There are some +4% here and there, but things dont make much sense, even when i pick +5% hp thats like +65 to my total HP pool, not +5% as i would expect...

Further more i have a unique armor piece with 2000 armor. After some experiments (i even used to have a mastery that like doubled my armor and some skills) it made exactly 0 difference to survivability, i cant help but feel that the armor is like extremely useless in this game...

Any ideas as to what else i can replace equipment wise?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
You have pathed into leech nodes, but aren't using any skills that can leech...

I have those respec orbs so i can reassign them. Problem is, i dont know where to go with passive skills.

I have already taken all the obvious +life % ones. The only ones that are left are mostly mixed ones with that give like 4% life.

And as i said above, for some odd reason in this game when i take like +4 or 5% passive, it doesnt give me literally +4 or 5% of total hp, its more like +60something hp.
See this is what im talking about.

I just used two regret orbs, removed two +12 resistance passives, and put two +4% hp.

I went from 4100 hp to 4225.

Even if i take every single +% life left on the whole skill i dont think ill go more than 4500 at this rate...

Im utterly confused.
Last edited by syntax182 on Dec 28, 2022, 7:45:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info