League thoughts / Report card

It's about as bad a league as warbands. None of the new uniques are interesting except maybe the ones from harbinger maps.

Breach was a 10/10 and this is a 2/10. Overall I am really bummed about the quality of the 3.0 expansion. I am starting to agree more with Bakedchicken every day, maybe uber clear speed builds were too strong but the new map boss mechanics where they have a billion health is just such a fucking drag
I agree that the Harbingers are somewhat lackluster. I like the new orbs they introduced, but the heard criticism (which is to-be-addressed in the upcoming patch, I think?) is legitimate: transmutation shards are a bit wonky, Harbinger fights are a *bit* underpowered, etc.

Suggestion to spice things up for you: try SSF. You might find it a refreshing, new challenge.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Having just beat kitava, i'll throw in my 2 cents.

Cons:

1. Harbinger mechanic is meh, both in some of what it drops (do we -really- need trans/alt shards?) to the amount of shards it takes to get any of the desirable orbs (think it should be reduced to 10 shards for chaos, 12 for the new ones, but ex is good at 20 shards. Though i've only found ONE ex shard in the entire playthru..maybe up their drop rate slightly?)

2. Only 1 truly new act, the rest are just re-used assets from previous acts/maps. Not enough new mobs outside of act 5.

3. And my biggest disappointment for 3.0/new league: The pantheon system. To put it kindly, it's lacking. To -not- sugarcoat it: It's pathetic. The bonus's/build customization we get from it is a joke (even fully upgraded, as far as i can tell). You want to experience a similar system that's leagues better then this? Try grim dawn's devotion system.

Not only is it presented better, it truly gives a great amount of build customization, both in player offense/defense abilities. For example, one of my favorite devotion skills is called tsunami. An attack that triggers 35% of the time when pinned to one of your active attack skills, which launches a wall of water at mobs, dealing both electrical and cold damage. And like poe skill gems, devotion skills grow with use-xp, and get stronger.

Our pantheon system -should- have been something like this. Even if GGG couldnt have pulled off the sheer scale of GD's devotion system, they could of, SHOULD have done something similar. Say, for example..each minor god power gives us access to 2 offensive and 2 defensive skills, and each major god power 4 and 4, with offensive choices pinned to our active skill gems, defensive choices either set as a perm character buff (armor, life, movement speed, ect) or set to trigger on certain conditions (say if char receives what would normally be a deathblow) or at a % of the time a char receives dam (for example..a god-power called stoneskin..gives the player a 150% boost to armor rating for 5 seconds, triggered whenever they receive physical damage)

Pro's:

MTX transfer system- This is freaking awesome! A huge time-saver, and more effective way for us to show off our bling. TY!

New boss designs/fights- They look great, and the fights were fun (save for the over-tuned mob adds during kitava's 2nd fight)

Act5- Well designed, and i enjoyed the new mobs, scenery and music.

So over-all i'd give FoO/3.0 a 3/10 score. Far, far more disappointing then i was hoping for. Doubt i'll put any more "serious" time into this league, and to be honest i'm mulling over not even trying for that 1st mtx-challenge award, even though i'm only 1 challenge away from it.. >.>
-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

Shard picking is annoying yet the orbs are great. It's too bad that this league has to follow probably the best league in Legacy. It also doesn't help that the free MTX are a bit unpalatable. The new acts are superb though, overall a great 3.0.
Some thoughts: I've only played in two leagues, Legacy and Harbinger. For me, as a new player, Legacy was just to much to handle while trying to learn the game. I didn't know what to do with 90% of all the new stuff. When Legacy ended, I had quite alot of unused stones, talismans and what not.

Harbinger is much easier for a new player to grasp, I guess, and I'm sure that is one reason why GGG implemented Harbinger with the release of Fall of Oriath.

I've only played for 6 months, so I have little to base my opinions on, but I probably would have liked Legacy more with more knowledge of the game.
I Think that Harbinger is ok; not horrible, not super exciting. Come friday, with a new patch!
harbinders are total shit.

they should be reworked to spawn mobs faster, huger circles, and around a player. So u r surrounded by mobs like in Breach. I.e. no delay: they see u - they rush u - they spawn all mobs around (from one side - then they dash other side over u - spawn more - than again and again, lots' of mobs from every direction) u and try to kill u as much as they can.

they should spawn not orbs, but harbinger's maps, i.e. beachheads.
How not to miss Skill Books /view-thread/1940679
Find Bameth /view-thread/1828226
Exas for new players /view-thread/1956615
Checking resources /view-thread/2453818
Don't use Shaper/Elder orbs /view-thread/2474890
Last edited by diablokiller1 on Aug 16, 2017, 8:53:40 AM
One trivial thing that I hope gets fixed in the patch is that they are short of slots for the new shard and orb types. They added some spaces, why not add enough?
u guys are just too spoiled with breach then legacy. Hard to top that unless they just make a random unique and exalt appear in your stash every 10 minutes. Bout time they scaled it back.

I like it. like new atmospheres, like boss HP and boss dam and boss/map skills. Game got better.

Only things I don't like were too many nerfs to ES and assassin nerf.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 16, 2017, 9:20:52 AM
Harbinger is lackluster. So what. You're playing. I'm playing. It's fine once and a while not to have a mechanic to cheese. Hope they work out how SSF are every supposed to get a harbinger unique. Haven't seen even a piece of one yet.
i am having fun.

not with the harbingers though. they are about as impactful as farting into a strong wind.

i like the new boss hp too. its about time being able to kill bosses was something you had to work for rather than just getting it for free along with the rest of the map.

one thing this league really hammers home though is how utterly dysfunctional some of the previous leagues are at their neutered rates

and how spares the game can feel when you dont have something like breach to help you forget about that void.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 16, 2017, 11:42:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info