League thoughts / Report card

I believe this maybe one of the worst leagues that I've ever honestly played in my opinion anyway I didn't like the league mechanics at all it isn't fun at all in terms of picking up pennies etc so I pray / hope the new improvements on Friday are an improvement and makes it funner.

Usually when I do 40/40 I do a mass gathering on wealth as usual but that's because it's ''fun'' right now it's not obviously I don't find my self doing that for probably the first time. I believe most of my HC friends are thinking are leaving too so... that's kinda a bummer I was hoping they would stay but they will reserve judgement until friday so that's a +

So overall execution would be a D+

I truly do love the new acts I find that fascinating and gorgeous but that's 3.0 stuff not league stuff so that's another story.

Anyway that's all what did you everyone else think about the league?

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2017, 7:30:14 PM
Feels like Standard with some more mob density every three maps, not really intrigued by it at all.
Best league since Warbands!!!!!

Just kidding,the new orbs are this league's only saving grace.

Last edited by bida2 on Aug 16, 2017, 3:05:10 AM
Its meh for sure, i mean i appreciate the free shards even if most are for orbs i never use (blue gear orbs or orbs that make blue gear)

Not the worst ive seen.

Ive never seen a league where everyone didnt hate it and call it the worst league ever, though i missed the two everyone talks about fondly...id be willing to bet people hated them when they were live though.

The thing i want changed is for the harbinger to spawn more rare mobs, but dont make the mobs all go *poof* when the harbinger dies. This way we can maybe get some gear off them. Harbinger needs to buff/debuff at random. Does anything unique drop off the harbinger? why not add a chance for something great along with my transmute shard spam?

Also i want for the possibility for the harbinger to die and some boss type harbinger to spawn.

Annnd i want a pony.
just for try, for see and for know
I think they kept the league mechanics minimalistic on purpose to not overwhelm all the new players trying PoE for the 3.0 expansion.

That being said I want triple Breach back! Can't wait to hit 8 on Zana.
Last edited by Burgingham on Aug 16, 2017, 3:15:21 AM
The Beachhead is pretty cool.

I kind of wish the Harbingers were map-only to be honest. It feels like their scarcity was designed not to scare away the noobs people first trying out the game. In the midst of the 3.0 hype, GGG probably doesn't want Act 1 Mud Flats to be a war zone inhabited by a half dozen Harbingers. Yet with all the new storyline content, 3.0 didn't really need a challenge league mechanic in the acts.

If there was 1-3 Harbingers in white maps, 4-6 in the yellow maps, and 7-9 in red maps then it would've eased the newbies into it, and each individual Harbinger might've been made a bit more challenging. The whole thing just feels neutered unnecessarily.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
The Beachhead is pretty cool.

I kind of wish the Harbingers were map-only to be honest. It feels like their scarcity was designed not to scare away the noobs people first trying out the game. In the midst of the 3.0 hype, GGG probably doesn't want Act 1 Mud Flats to be a war zone inhabited by a half dozen Harbingers. Yet with all the new storyline content, 3.0 didn't really need a challenge league mechanic in the acts.

If there was 1-3 Harbingers in white maps, 4-6 in the yellow maps, and 7-9 in red maps then it would've eased the newbies into it, and each individual Harbinger might've been made a bit more challenging. The whole thing just feels neutered unnecessarily.

This, Add more of them to maps(nor 1-2 or 3 the most i saw?) and more regards... because i have 3 exalts by lvl 89 AND only 5 shards of exalt????

When the harbingers in map are together, there is where the fun starts :) mini-breach fights with possibility to rip :D

Sooo..... Yes. I'm waiting for 5day 3.0.1 patch to HOPE to get more enjoy from 3.0 or... will try just other builds or even - heh, i promised myself not to - play HC again? :D
Ditto to other posts. Compared to other past challenge leagues Harbinger League also rates a D on my report card. Maybe this announcement will help:

"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
Rewards

We're going to to adjust the chances for various Harbinger currency shards to be dropped; You'll soon see fewer Transmutation Shards, more Harbinger's Shards, more Engineer's Shards, and a larger overall number of shards dropped by each Harbinger.

We're also going to increase the chance for Harbingers to appear in maps, and they'll often be more powerful and capable of summoning more minions.

But it had better be a very sizable buff to make me change my grade and since GGG is mostly for making PoE a starvation arpg I kinda doubt the upcoming buff will improve my view of Harbinger.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Compare to legacy, it is underwheming from a loot perspective.

I was swimming with uniques & currency at the asme level last league.

There are some cool league only currencies but they required so long to gather, its mehish.

I will be waiting here for your guys's feedback on the friday improvement to decide wether or not I should bother with this league at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info