Poison spectral throw - is this even viable? Or just trash?

So, I've wondered if a Bino's Kitchen Knife Spectral Throw Poison Assassin could be a thing. With the changes to poison, well... maybe not? The calculation of the poison damage seems to be really convoluted now...

For example, physical damage (of the initial hit) does not scale poison damage now, right? Even though the poison damage is based on the physical damage of the hit.

Furthermore, projectile damage does not scale the poison damage any longer. Thus, GMP and LMP should have no effect on the poison damage? Or is that wrong? On the flip side, using Slower Projectiles would have no effect whatsoever on the poison damage I deal? That sounds pretty weird.

The skill tree I would imagine would be something like this:
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAP8ACRYAAHyw2KLZFr-1SCaVYeJVS4w2idNwUioLXfIOSLTRyAx2ghGWBx6VLvDVSVFtbOywjAu5fOd06NYi6gW1BnAuI3p_cFaaE9vUmyYWqj3RBX0qTWNDDdHjhMCcpzQ2PZ2qbIxirEfiIuKkOT8nSshuqrXyNZLYvXJsbEYyCf6PTeOmVzrh8kX-CjIBshnPeuLV7UHy4UcG2Ha5PqxmLOF945cGxKK74_66fXXTfu96BfmNv9QjUUcwfI19I_ZNkn8r1op9W6xHUdmwkv-TUUzKSltv5woKm3jr_MW3F4Dh4l44lsM6m7VfsITFhKIHmVnwTI4yMhCS2Ya8bwAAAAAA

Links would be Spectral Throw - GMP - Deadly Ailments - Vile Toxins - Void Manipulation.

6th link would be either Swift Affliction or Faster Attacks, though I would already have a lot of attack speed.

GMP switched to Point Blank of Swift Affliction or so for boss fights.

Could that work? Is it a bad idea? Is the skill tree OK?

EDIT: Just seen, could also use Viper Strike as a boss killer...
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Aug 15, 2017, 1:58:46 PM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2017, 8:54:55 AM
Idk abouth assassin ther is no point in going crit if you trie and think abouth it.

Skill Tree

Plenty of cheep sorces of poison and nice selection of Claws can do wonders.

You can drop stuff depending on what chest you gona use and grab more life but with let say belly of the beast and jewels it should be fine.
Thing is for now frenzy still win compered to crit multy when it come to DoT.
So Raider or Gladiator is what you gona go for, in case of gladiator you better with using shield and go for damage with shield on skill tree. There is plenty of nice Claws and if you do go raider just grab snake bite uniq gloves and you good to go.

Gems well, Chance to Bleed for shure as base damage is efecting dot, PPAT ofcorse, GMP, rest more damage...
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Aug 15, 2017, 3:55:48 PM
Meh. 130% life are just not enough for my taste, and the Assassin at least gets 30% more damage from poison with crits. Also the elemental damage is completely useless on the Raider tree. But it seems like poison is in a really weird and rather useless state at the moment, so I guess I'll just pass on it.

Gonna play around with that Path of Building tool at some point, to see whether any useful DPS can be achieved. Also would really like to go for Bino's, as the poison spread is really useful.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Aug 16, 2017, 6:20:46 AM
Do as you wish, but dont spred asumtions besed on not knowing.
As i say life is easy 3 jewel is 21% + belly 40% +130% its besicly easy and then you can fidle with skill tree.

Poison spreding is usles for ST, you hit faster then numbers of prolif you can get.
Idk i told what i should, if you dont understand and not wiling to trie there is nothing else then let you learn on your own. Trie and grasp what is 150% attack speed with 1.9 att/s weapon and 10% more from dual wield or how mach actual inc damage you got before going into more damage.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Aug 16, 2017, 7:13:28 AM
For poison stuff I think that actually trickster might be one of the best options with swift killer and patient reaper. Add in maligaro's cruelty and you's get a rather steady charge generation against normal monsters. For bosses a PCoC setup and frenzy might be needed, but that shouldn't be too hard to pull off.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Thing is people forget how mach defence Raider have, also how many uniq flask you can use.
Trikster or assassin depending on real advantages and geting most of it. Many people dont know but raider with high dodge and high evasion is basicly imune to reflect even before VP or leech for example, can use so many uniq flasks, its fast as hell. Nothing is bad but bonuses can make a big difrance. Galdiator got higher potencial on defences but then agen suffer on flasks and such, depending on how you prefer to play and content, there is no apsolute as uniqs and what not give plentu of room to explore.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Aug 16, 2017, 9:04:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info