We're very excited to announce that we're planning to return to the Build of the Week series sometime in the coming weeks! Today's news post serves as an introduction to the series for those who are new. It also outlines what's changing in this coming season and how to submit your build for the series!

Build of the Week is a video series that were first launched back in 2012. It's purpose is to introduce and showcase a variety of builds that use unique combinations of game mechanics. It's always been very popular with the community serves as a great snapshot of where the game was at that moment in time. For example, check out our 14th episode from the first season of Build of the Week on October 27th 2012, a Critical Strike Shadow by Invalesco. Look at his dagger, seriously.

Since 2012 we've released six seasons of Build of the Week. Over this time the episodes have evolved exponentially, both in what the game and community are capable of in terms of builds, and in terms of the production value of each episode. One of our favourite episodes from the most recent season was this 10 Siege Ballista Build by c9q9md's.

We can't wait to bring this series back and we know that many of you are eager to see it too! While you're waiting, you could check out the full playlist of the entire Build of the Week series or if you're in need of a light-hearted chuckle, perhaps you could check out the blooper reel from last season.

Traditionally the series has taken a very technical look at how these builds work and discusses them in great detail. This is great for established players, however, for the average or newer player this can make the episodes too overwhelming.

This season we'll be using an approach that condenses the episodes slightly and highlights the most essential and unique aspects of the build. We hope to make them more informative to the average player while still showcasing the technical mechanics that makes Path of Exile the replayable game that it is today.

The season is just around the corner and we'll need time to prepare the episodes before they're released. This means that we're interested in seeing your builds right now. All you need to submit your build, is a clearly explained build-guide in the appropriate Class Forum. Any builds that are submitted here will be considered for the series!

If you're able to post a video of your build, that's also helpful but not required. We will be looking for a variety of builds that showcase different aspects of Path of Exile's gameplay. While there are no limits in terms of class, skills and item expense, we do recommend being as creative as you can!

Please note that messaging staff directly with your build submissions bears no advantage over submitting your build directly in the forum.
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
"
Deliverme wrote:
When are we getting the harbinger update?

I can't confirm an exact date yet but it's likely to be late this week.
"
rokman wrote:
I asked a long time ago if this was returning... Had I known, I would've prepared a unique build for this league... Guess I missed my chance.

There's still plenty of time to create a build for the series! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info