Bleed Bugs + Lioneye's Falll jewel bugs {Major bugs}

"
ZainAzhar wrote:
First of all the two Nodes right before Heavy Draw named "BOW DAMAGE AND CHANCE TO BLEED", do not give bleed chance to bow attacks that should be 10% + 15%. i was stuck at 75% bleed chance in game where as my POE Builder showed i have 100%. i tested the other nodes+gems+gloves i was using. they added bleed chance, but these nodes never added the bleed %age to my bow skills.
These definitely do work functionally. There is a known limiteation of the character screen where it can only display global bleeding chance, not chances that are restricted by things like weapon type. I suspect this might be contributing to your confusion.

"
ZainAzhar wrote:
Secondly LionEye's Fall Viridian Jewel (Melee and melee weapon type modifiers are transformed to bow Modifiers ) Does not change the Modifier Value of the "destroyer" and its minor connecting nodes for Ailments. Same goes for the "Wrecking ball" node and its connecting minor nodes.
This is correct behaviour. The ailment stat is limited only to "two-handed weapons", not to "two handed melee weapons". This means that it (a) already works with bows, and (b) doesn't fall into the category of things Lioneye's Fall can affect, since it isn't a modifier specific to melee, nor to melee weapon types.

"
ZainAzhar wrote:
Lastly coming back to Nodes "Destroyer" and "Wrecking Ball". After Insertion of Lioneye's fall the values of increased Physical damage with bows does change in its written form but the damage never goes up. I tested this thoroughly. for the destroyer and its minor connecting nodes. I did not however test the Wrecking ball node with this, but i have a hunch it might be the same.
I have tested this in game, and this modifier is definitely working correctly, applying to the correct weapon types with or without lioneye's fall. I'd need to know a lot more details of how you were testing this to understand why you're not seeing them apply.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 14, 2017, 11:17:33 PM
"
ZainAzhar wrote:
I ll tell me you bleed dps before the node "Two Handed melee weapon", This the first minor node going towards Wrecking ball Node.
This is the data from the character Info.

Bleeding damage per second from Main hand hits = 2552.6-6381.6

Now Stats after putting in the node.

Bleeding damage per second from Main hand hits = 2552.6-6381.6
I have identified the bug. The stats for ailment damage which are supposed to check whether you have a two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon are currently backwards - the ones which are supposed to be for two-handed weapons are mistakenly checking for one-handed weapons, and vice versa. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Thanks for your help in tracking this down.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 16, 2017, 1:37:37 AM
"
Rompetoto wrote:
So does this mean Bows aren't considered as Two-Handed neither One-Handed? What are they then? No-Handed? :D
They're two-handed. They've always been two handed. Ailments applied by them should be affected by the new modifiers which care about wielding a two-handed weapon - as I stated above, but they currently don't because those modifiers are bugged, and not actually looking for two-handed weapons.

"
Rompetoto wrote:
Edit: I found a forum post from 2012 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18439/page/1
where Mark stated that Bows arent 2h nor 1h
I never said that.
"
Technically, within the game bows are considered two-handed weapons, but it never matters because we don't have any bonuses which apply to all two handed weapons, only to two-handed melee weapons. The descriptions of those stats now reflect this.
I've highlighted the part of the quote which contradicts what you claim I said. I said bows were two-handed, not that they were neither.

Bows are, and always have been, two-handed weapons. At the time that quote was written, there were no bonuses that cared about handedness that weren't limited to melee weapons. These days, there are lots (see the Slayer Ascendancy tree, which has a bunch of bonuses with two-handed weapons, which do apply to bows, and always have).

These modifiers should apply to bows, and will once the bug is fixed. Currently they're bugged as stated above, checking for one-handed weapons rather than two-handed. The equivalent stats for wielding one-handed weapons are similarly bugged, and currently only apply if you have a two-handed weapons (and yes, that includes bows).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 17, 2017, 7:33:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info