Bleed Bugs + Lioneye's Falll jewel bugs {Major bugs}

Alright so i was bored and i decided to make a beed bow build, becuase why not. anyway i found like 3 major bugs.

First of all the two Nodes right before Heavy Draw named "BOW DAMAGE AND CHANCE TO BLEED", do not give bleed chance to bow attacks that should be 10% + 15%. i was stuck at 75% bleed chance in game where as my POE Builder showed i have 100%. i tested the other nodes+gems+gloves i was using. they added bleed chance, but these nodes never added the bleed %age to my bow skills.

Secondly LionEye's Fall Viridian Jewel (Melee and melee weapon type modifiers are transformed to bow Modifiers ) Does not change the Modifier Value of the "destroyer" and its minor connecting nodes for Ailments. Same goes for the "Wrecking ball" node and its connecting minor nodes.

Lastly coming back to Nodes "Destroyer" and "Wrecking Ball". After Insertion of Lioneye's fall the values of increased Physical damage with bows does change in its written form but the damage never goes up. I tested this thoroughly. for the destroyer and its minor connecting nodes. I did not however test the Wrecking ball node with this, but i have a hunch it might be the same.

But the funny thing is that same Radius of Lioneye's Fall Viridian jewel has another node named "Splitting Strikes" which have the same Physical/Attack speed/Ailment damage buffs. everything in this node is working perfectly fine.

I am pretty sure this is a bug and not intended. there might be other bugs related to Ailments or Lioneye's jewel but i couldn't test those.

This build for me is on a hold right now. till this is fixed as these things are way to important for bleed bow shenanigans that i am trying to pull.

You guys can check my charecter named BhungiBowman in Harbringer SC for more details i left him as it is for now.
Last edited by ZainAzhar on Aug 14, 2017, 7:48:54 PM
Last bumped on Sep 6, 2017, 6:57:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Update ===
Wrecking Ball does not work, tested it same as Destroyer Node i only get attack speed nothing else.
"
ZainAzhar wrote:
First of all the two Nodes right before Heavy Draw named "BOW DAMAGE AND CHANCE TO BLEED", do not give bleed chance to bow attacks that should be 10% + 15%. i was stuck at 75% bleed chance in game where as my POE Builder showed i have 100%. i tested the other nodes+gems+gloves i was using. they added bleed chance, but these nodes never added the bleed %age to my bow skills.
These definitely do work functionally. There is a known limiteation of the character screen where it can only display global bleeding chance, not chances that are restricted by things like weapon type. I suspect this might be contributing to your confusion.

"
ZainAzhar wrote:
Secondly LionEye's Fall Viridian Jewel (Melee and melee weapon type modifiers are transformed to bow Modifiers ) Does not change the Modifier Value of the "destroyer" and its minor connecting nodes for Ailments. Same goes for the "Wrecking ball" node and its connecting minor nodes.
This is correct behaviour. The ailment stat is limited only to "two-handed weapons", not to "two handed melee weapons". This means that it (a) already works with bows, and (b) doesn't fall into the category of things Lioneye's Fall can affect, since it isn't a modifier specific to melee, nor to melee weapon types.

"
ZainAzhar wrote:
Lastly coming back to Nodes "Destroyer" and "Wrecking Ball". After Insertion of Lioneye's fall the values of increased Physical damage with bows does change in its written form but the damage never goes up. I tested this thoroughly. for the destroyer and its minor connecting nodes. I did not however test the Wrecking ball node with this, but i have a hunch it might be the same.
I have tested this in game, and this modifier is definitely working correctly, applying to the correct weapon types with or without lioneye's fall. I'd need to know a lot more details of how you were testing this to understand why you're not seeing them apply.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 14, 2017, 11:17:33 PM
I also noticed, that the Destroyer and Wreckingball + minor notes doesnt effect my Bow bleed/poisen damage in anyway. With lionseye fall or without. Atleast it doesnt change the tooltip bleed/poisen damage in character screen.

Character: Yaakar
Last edited by Ronskibonski on Aug 15, 2017, 9:21:16 AM
"
These definitely do work functionally. There is a known limiteation of the character screen where it can only display global bleeding chance, not chances that are restricted by things like weapon type. I suspect this might be contributing to your confusion.

Okay so even if i go below bow skills like for example Split shot. it will only show global bleed chance? that might be the confusion for me as it showed 75% not 100%. let me break it down for you.

HAEMPHILIA SerpentScale gauntlets = 25%
Chance to Bleed support gem = 25%
"Red Storm" Node = 15%
"Bleed chance" Node = 10%
"Bow Damage and Chance to Bleed" = 10%
"Bow damage and chance to bleed" = 15%

These showed me 75% bleed chance under split shot. thanks for clearing this confusion up for me.

"
This is correct behaviour. The ailment stat is limited only to "two-handed weapons", not to "two handed melee weapons". This means that it (a) already works with bows, and (b) doesn't fall into the category of things Lioneye's Fall can affect, since it isn't a modifier specific to melee, nor to melee weapon types.

The Ailments do not work with bows.The damage never goes up. which i guess means bows are not considered 2 handed weapons. I guess that was the confusion i thought bows will be 2 handed.

I wonder if they are counted as 1 handed weapons? i ll check this out. But defiantly not 2 handed weapons.

I ll tell me you bleed dps before the node "Two Handed melee weapon", This the first minor node going towards Wrecking ball Node.
This is the data from the character Info.

Bleeding damage per second from Main hand hits = 2552.6-6381.6

Now Stats after putting in the node.

PS. I did not use Lioneye's jewel in this simulation.

But it does say Bleed damage from "Main HAND HITS" = which i guess it makes bows not 2 handed weapons.

Thanks for clearing this up got confused because POE Builder added the values up in my bleed dps.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ZainAzhar wrote:

And yet not listed in the Known Issues thread.
"
ZainAzhar wrote:
I ll tell me you bleed dps before the node "Two Handed melee weapon", This the first minor node going towards Wrecking ball Node.

I have identified the bug. The stats for ailment damage which are supposed to check whether you have a two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon are currently backwards - the ones which are supposed to be for two-handed weapons are mistakenly checking for one-handed weapons, and vice versa. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Thanks for your help in tracking this down.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 16, 2017, 1:37:37 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ZainAzhar wrote:

I have identified the bug. The stats for ailment damage which are supposed to check whether you have a two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon are currently backwards - the ones which are supposed to be for two-handed weapons are mistakenly checking for one-handed weapons, and vice versa. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

glad this finaly got settled, we are hinting over a weak now that two- and one-handed weapon nodes are backwards regarding ailment-damage.(I see that you have many things to do and are kind of burried in all these bugreports, so i mean no offence, keep up the fantastic work)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1940619
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ZainAzhar wrote:

So does this mean Bows aren't considered as Two-Handed neither One-Handed? What are they then? No-Handed? :D

Edit: I found a forum post from 2012 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18439/page/1
where Mark stated that Bows arent 2h nor 1h but it was meaningless as there where no values that would affect it.
"
Technically, within the game bows are considered two-handed weapons, but it never matters because we don't have any bonuses which apply to all two handed weapons, only to two-handed melee weapons. The descriptions of those stats now reflect this.

But with the implementation of the bleed nodes it now really does make a difference and as projectile damage doesn't affect the bleed it would just make sense to apply these bonuses to bows as well, right?! At least when using Lioneye's Fall!
IGN Rompetoto
Last edited by Rompetoto on Aug 17, 2017, 3:41:56 AM
"
Rompetoto wrote:
So does this mean Bows aren't considered as Two-Handed neither One-Handed? What are they then? No-Handed? :D
They're two-handed. They've always been two handed. Ailments applied by them should be affected by the new modifiers which care about wielding a two-handed weapon - as I stated above, but they currently don't because those modifiers are bugged, and not actually looking for two-handed weapons.

"
Rompetoto wrote:
Edit: I found a forum post from 2012 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18439/page/1
where Mark stated that Bows arent 2h nor 1h
I never said that.
"
Technically, within the game bows are considered two-handed weapons, but it never matters because we don't have any bonuses which apply to all two handed weapons, only to two-handed melee weapons. The descriptions of those stats now reflect this.
I've highlighted the part of the quote which contradicts what you claim I said. I said bows were two-handed, not that they were neither.

Bows are, and always have been, two-handed weapons. At the time that quote was written, there were no bonuses that cared about handedness that weren't limited to melee weapons. These days, there are lots (see the Slayer Ascendancy tree, which has a bunch of bonuses with two-handed weapons, which do apply to bows, and always have).

These modifiers should apply to bows, and will once the bug is fixed. Currently they're bugged as stated above, checking for one-handed weapons rather than two-handed. The equivalent stats for wielding one-handed weapons are similarly bugged, and currently only apply if you have a two-handed weapons (and yes, that includes bows).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 17, 2017, 7:33:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info