Idea for lightning caster templar

Hi everybody!

I'm fairly new to this game (started playing about a week ago), but so far I'm enjoying it.
I was thinking about a build for a templar as a caster, and using lightning as my main type of attack element.

The build:

Attacks:
Spoiler
Main attack:
Arc + Chain + Lightning penetration + faster casting.

"Crowd control-ish" attack:
Shock nova + Lightning penetration + faster casting + knockback.

This can be pretty usefull if you get overrun by a horde of monsters.

Possible second attack skill:
Spark + Totem + Lightning penetration

If some extra damage is needed, this could be a possibility?

Aura's:
Vitality, and if needed, Clarity.

Now, as I said, I'm fairly new to the game, so there is a big change I missed something (or a lot of things actually), so please let me know if you have any idea's, improvements or changes for this build.

Regards

/edit: upgraded the build a bit
If I don't reply to a bid, or won a bid, contact me in game, or send me a PM!
IGN: Casaub
Last edited by Casaub on Feb 26, 2013, 4:17:11 AM
You've taken Minion Instability despite of the fact that you haven't taken any minions and also don't seem to be using minions at all and well even with minions it wouldn't be effective due to the lack of minion nodes.

Lightning damage scales a lot better with crit than with raw damage nodes due to the shock effect still you've barely taken any kind of crit nodes.

I also don't see a reason why you've grabbed some of the wand nodes.
"
You've taken Minion Instability despite of the fact that you haven't taken any minions and also don't seem to be using minions at all and well even with minions it wouldn't be effective due to the lack of minion nodes.

Lightning damage scales a lot better with crit than with raw damage nodes due to the shock effect still you've barely taken any kind of crit nodes.

I also don't see a reason why you've grabbed some of the wand nodes.

I don't know why I clicked Minion Instability in the first place. I also included some lightning damage nodes north of the witch begin point.

I reckon the wand nodes (south of Minion Instability) will increase my lightning damage, as it is elemental? Or does it only increase the +lightning on a weapon itself?

And where are the crit nodes you are talking about? Any way to find certain nodes easier? ^^

2nd edit: found some crit nodes near the templar beginning, if those are the types you mean. (like Arcane Potency)
and some crit nodes near the witch.
If I don't reply to a bid, or won a bid, contact me in game, or send me a PM!
IGN: Casaub
Last edited by Casaub on Feb 25, 2013, 3:57:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info