[3.0] Self-Cast Dark Pact Occultist - over 3mil Shaper DPS

I'm currently level 72 running this. I can clear everything in one hit except bosses. When i spam my DP on a boss i lose way more life than i can get back. You can check my char/gear on my profile. Obviously some of it is pretty shit but i'm working on getting upgrades and farming maps for currency right now.

I'm sitting at just over 4k hp, 1k es.

EDIT: Currently what i've been using to take down bosses is vaal summon skeletons. Pop wither totem then surround the boss in your derpy skeletons and slowly kill him.
Last edited by moon_nmh on Aug 7, 2017, 9:53:43 PM
"
moon_nmh wrote:
I'm currently level 72 running this. I can clear everything in one hit except bosses. When i spam my DP on a boss i lose way more life than i can get back. You can check my char/gear on my profile. Obviously some of it is pretty shit but i'm working on getting upgrades and farming maps for currency right now.

I'm sitting at just over 4k hp, 1k es.

EDIT: Currently what i've been using to take down bosses is vaal summon skeletons. Pop wither totem then surround the boss in your derpy skeletons and slowly kill him.

You went more life-heavy initially then I did. In a few levels you pick up Doomcast, Atrophy and Throatseeker you dmg will spike enough to self-heal on all mobs (minus hexproof and very curse-resistant mobs).
Nostrademous
I recorded a video of a random map boss kill (tier 1 map - I'm only level 71 and it was after midnight so I just threw a map in).

I have never really uploaded a video or recorded one, so be kind if it sucks. The point was to show that a boss dies in like 4-5 seconds and I take basically 0 damage (heal it all back with Vaal Pact).

https://youtu.be/N4GfCD27Qbw

watching it I realize I forgot to summon Golem for more DPS...

Also, yeah, it was a bad boss to showcase as it takes 20 seconds to spawn... lul
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Aug 8, 2017, 12:26:50 AM
Just wondering why you ignoring power charges nodes, it gives you a huge dps boost even without void battery (and with that weapon you will get x2 or even x3 more dps), i would recommend to swap mom (imo mom is kinda useless on highlvl maps because you easily can waste all of your mana that you can use on life leaching) to infused and instability, and pick up at least 1 apep's rage untill you found void battery.
Sorry for bad english.
I'm trying this tonight for sure looks very fun to play! Thanks for the build!
"
dholly wrote:
Just wondering why you ignoring power charges nodes, it gives you a huge dps boost even without void battery (and with that weapon you will get x2 or even x3 more dps), i would recommend to swap mom (imo mom is kinda useless on highlvl maps because you easily can waste all of your mana that you can use on life leaching) to infused and instability, and pick up at least 1 apep's rage untill you found void battery.
Sorry for bad english.

Yes, I'm using 2 Apep's right now and it was a huge dmg boost. Void Battery would be even better, but way more expensive.

I am going to update the OP soon with changes I arrived at through experimentation and discussion with people in game.
Nostrademous
Hello im kind of new, so don´t have me on my stupid question. But why controlled destruction on what seems like a crit build? Wont it remove all crit chanse?
"
Zieralol wrote:
Hello im kind of new, so don´t have me on my stupid question. But why controlled destruction on what seems like a crit build? Wont it remove all crit chanse?

It doesn't remove anything, it just "reduces" it. And not "all" crit chance, just 100%. For me with my current gear, 100% reduce crit chance equates to about 5% crit chance with Dark Pact.

5% crit chance with my current 368% crit multiplier is about 18% dmg (5*3.68). The gem itself gives 41% more spell dmg. So net win.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
Zieralol wrote:

It doesn't remove anything, it just "reduces" it. And not "all" crit chance, just 100%. For me with my current gear, 100% reduce crit chance equates to about 5% crit chance with Dark Pact.

5% crit chance with my current 368% crit multiplier is about 18% dmg (5*3.68). The gem itself gives 41% more spell dmg. So net win.

Alright thanks! Also what about bandits? i got the 20% crit/resist one, should i have went with something else? Im playing hc if that matters.
"
Zieralol wrote:

Alright thanks! Also what about bandits? i got the 20% crit/resist one, should i have went with something else? Im playing hc if that matters.

Yes, I went with Alira too.

Be careful with HC. You will need the +1 curse ring and double curses as posted to have a safer time. Also, i would rush life nodes faster and not worry to much about dmg.
Nostrademous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info