[3.0] Self-Cast Dark Pact Occultist - over 3mil Shaper DPS

"
nefczi wrote:
How much survivalability did you lose without Wicked Ward/Vile Bastion? If I don't like to rely heavily on flasks juggling for survivalability, should I go for Vile Bastion instead of Meladiction?

I don't feel any less survivable. I got Vile Bastion initially for the off-the-screen charge/leap stun on to me from trash mobs... with Kaom's Roots it takes care of that. The Energy Shield +100 and faster recharge is not nothing, but isn't all that much honestly.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
nefczi wrote:
How much survivalability did you lose without Wicked Ward/Vile Bastion? If I don't like to rely heavily on flasks juggling for survivalability, should I go for Vile Bastion instead of Meladiction?

I don't feel any less survivable. I got Vile Bastion initially for the off-the-screen charge/leap stun on to me from trash mobs... with Kaom's Roots it takes care of that. The Energy Shield +100 and faster recharge is not nothing, but isn't all that much honestly.

Thank you for quick answers! Having a blast so far with your build. I am only level 50, just got The Covenant, a 4 link for now as I can't afford a 5 link currently and want to save for the wands first. But 4 link seems more than enough for now :)
"
nefczi wrote:

Thank you for quick answers! Having a blast so far with your build. I am only level 50, just got The Covenant, a 4 link for now as I can't afford a 5 link currently and want to save for the wands first. But 4 link seems more than enough for now :)

Great to hear!

I've updated the OP with some more Gearing info and general descriptions and updated Gem Links.
Nostrademous
For anyone currency-poor like me and saving up for some better gear later, wanted to share my strategy.

Currently running a B-B-G Amplification Rod with Dark Pact, Void Manipulation, Added Chaos. Have a Lifesprig in the other hand with my dual curse setup.

Planning on swapping out Lifesprig for a Heartbreaker and then letting that carry me until I can afford Apeps.

If I can stumble on a decent 4L or 5L Covenant I can see myself wanting to switch to that, and then run Heartbreaker + Lifesprig.
i'm currently level 82 with this build - having a blast with it! the clear speed is amazing, but survivability really is tough at times..! lab is really hard especially :/

anyway, i'm wondering how you justify taking controlled destruction over added chaos? i'm getting around 5k more dps (tooltip) with added chaos :)

thanks for the build!

EDIT: well, a slightly modified build, i took the points into +1 curse so i dont have to use that awful ring.. and i'm using blight, with allelopathy instead of your wither setup - also using vaal skeletons and vaal haste on bosses
Last edited by Lascz on Aug 16, 2017, 5:29:16 PM
ive been trying this build in HHC but seem to have good dps at 52 and some issues with life leech atm but could be easily fixed. also, would you know how much dps you would be losing if you try to go more survival for optimal use in HC??
I definitely don't recommend using this build in HC, you will have to switch gears and nodes to be more defensive.

I've been playing this build and you just have to be smart (not dash into death) and use the potions right it just melts through everything. Seriously, sometimes you don't even realize you killed the boss already since it just pop with everything else around it.

I haven't got to shapers and etc yet but so far seems like no problem.
I will probably need to change the accesorries later on to properly cap res but just testing a few unique items while mapping.

"
Last edited by PistolPete5 on Aug 17, 2017, 2:22:00 AM
"
Lascz wrote:

anyway, i'm wondering how you justify taking controlled destruction over added chaos? i'm getting around 5k more dps (tooltip) with added chaos :)

Not OP, but the build uses the Covenant which has Socketed Gems are Supported by level 15 Added Chaos Damage.

Yes you can't get level 20 or quality, but still.
"
Baharroth wrote:
"
Lascz wrote:

Not OP, but the build uses the Covenant which has Socketed Gems are Supported by level 15 Added Chaos Damage.

Ah yes, i do see that - that seems to be a fairly recent adoption to the build though, it wasn't anywhere in the gear description before and frankly, i didnt know it existed :)
"
Lascz wrote:
"
Baharroth wrote:
"
Lascz wrote:

Ah yes, i do see that - that seems to be a fairly recent adoption to the build though, it wasn't anywhere in the gear description before and frankly, i didnt know it existed :)

We are all learning and adopting as a team. I'm sure things exist in Harbinger we are still not aware of. I've been trying to keep the OP updated as I make changes, but having a job and a family puts strain on my time.
Nostrademous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info