[3.0] Build Help Thread! Making Builds For Everyone! Thread Closing 20th Sept.

Hi, I want to recreate a build from before patch 2.0. Or atleast the feeling of that build.

Skill: Any Trap
Damage: Ignite Proliferation (Elemental)
Type of Weapon: Im looking at The Searing Touch, but perhaps there are better options
Level: 90
Mode: Softcore
Ascendancy: Undecided. Saboteur is ususally the BiS for traps, but Im not sure with this one

Idea: Back then before 2.0 and the Ele Proflif Gem gutting, I played a Templar with no defenses except the old EB + AA. A five-linked Searing Touch with Fire Trap and Ele Prolif would carry me all the way up to Courtyard maps.

Thank you in advance.
Hello!

Found this post through Reddit and maybe you can help me out with a build I'm planning(HSC):

I'm looking to try a build which revolve around a channeling spell and three of the new uniques added in Harbinger League, and I would like your help in finding the best options for this build!

These are the three uniques I have in mind.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Rippling_Thoughts
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Unshattered_Will
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Tempest%27s_Binding

My first thought is going for Charged Dash as main spell. Blade Flurry could also work, but I'd rather try a new spell, I find BF kind of boring after a while. Some other channeling spell might also be good, what do you guys think is the best option? Might be hard to tell without trying all combos.

What support gems should I use for Charged Dash? I'm thinking WED, Phys to lightning, IAoE and added lightning/cold.

Since my main link will be in the headslot (innervate/icebite), what should I use for chest 6L? Is Charged Dash good for single target? As for auras I'm thinking Herald of Ice and Wrath. Maybe Haste is viable?

For ascendancy I'm thinking raider for easy frenzy charges and the elemental damage. What do you think would be the best ascendancy class?

I currently have a 72 Pathfinder and I'm most likely gonna use that character for this build. I will have to respec alot (wanderer), and I would be thankful if you could help me find a good way to respec my character (using as few regrets as possible):

http://poeurl.com/bsEe

What other uniques would be viable? I have a 5L carcass that I can use. I was also thinking about Bronn's chestpiece but I don't know if it's worth it. Is Call of the Brotherhood any good for this build, or is it just overkill?

I will probably add more questions, but I think I need some help first in order to find the information I'm looking for. I'm very new to making my own builds and I really don't know all parts of what's needed for a good build. Hopefully you can steer me in the right direction.

TL;DR:

Harbinger Softcore 80+

Charged Dash or other channeling spell. Lightning + Cold
Golem
Curse (power charges?)
Shield Charge
Wrath
Herald of Ice

Raider ascendancy

The three Harbinger uniques listed above. Maybe Touch of Anguish for weapon if it's a better alternative.

Current tree that I want to respec:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeBAcFtQguDkgOXA-rD8QRlhR1Fr8ZjhnXIuoj0yP2JIsknSaVJ6kqCypbLR8wWzB8MgE6szt8RA1Ffkp9TLNNkk4qUUdS7FVLVcZW-luvXfJfKmHiYlpnoGr6bydwUnfXefZ9dX8rf4B_xoPbh3aJ04w2jX2NuY2_j2CQCpUgm42et6KjpMKtM7F8shm4ysHzwuzDOsPmyPDLvc96037UI-Of5oHo1uvk7YPuDu968W39bv66_xA=?accountName=nuppa&characterName=BIGGEDYBLASTA

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by nuppa on Aug 15, 2017, 8:36:35 AM
Hello friend!

This is my first full league in poe and I have planned my build out to max lvl and really would like suggestions on gear/gem links. If you see something wrong with my tree let me know as well.

ATM it's a bleed/cyclone build with gladiator Ascendency.
What would be the best gear and gem links to support this?

Duel wield swords

Cyclone

Curse

Auras

Leap slam

Golem

https://poeplanner.com/AAkDAQcACSQAAIC5HRXsivDpRsSCypCE2Ud-vTZlTb6nYEFjcFeXC8FDMb_VU7tM_9ZY4J8FZo9gdPEY2zklM9npdtrBIWB07QUteu8uU9NvAdxko2EhGlVan-3XZraI7foY7nrh76n6NuhGaYZgOlIcdS_X3CcOPBRxG6oQ8PJagTr46-oY9zJ82dl8ggd346lueWjBBF8_wBp4DRQg7w5QR-RRZ5uuPsauC2GvbGjy8B-iAASzwGY8Be98n9-AinYr90218jWS2L3-j03jplcxnjrh8kX-Cm6qSshvO_PdaGVttKgHZ4DBi4FBNe867RR1d9fYYNctSQ88LYNfvnhs2IGbPQAOQ81fAAAAAAA=

Thanks in advance!
Hey guys, its getting late so i need to sleep :) got a busy day tomorrow (real life) so im not sure how many of you guys i can get to tomorrow, i will try to get all of Page 4 done though...

Thank you for taking an interest in my service!

Slayer
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Hey man, thanks for doing all this. Trying out hardcore this league and I have died a few times so am looking to try a totem build.

Skill: Ancestral Warchief

Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Phys/elemental

What type of weapon will you want to use? Facebreaker with a Signalfire + AoF for 100% phys to fire

What level are you planning to level this build to? 90+ hopefully...

Hardcore or Softcore? Hardcore

Ascendancy you wish to use: Chieftain

Cheers :)
Hey, thanks so much for your help! I've been wanting to do a Vortex build forever, and with the black hole mtx for it going on sale, I've decided that the time has come.

My first thought was to use the new Efficacy / Swift Afflictions to amp up the DoT, and increased AoE to cover the screen. Maybe CwDT Frostbolt/GMP/Curse on hit, targeting Vortex on the Frostbolts? Not sure what the best delivery method is, interested in your opinions.

My main problem right now is that I have no idea how to stay alive as a caster. Curses? Life Regen? I am not rich, so won't have access to great items.

Skill: Vortex
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Elemental
What type of weapon will you want to use? Any
What level are you planning to level this build to? 80-90
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore, Harbinger
Ascendancy you wish to use: Any

Thanks again! Really appreciate your help.
This is a great idea and I thank you for taking the time to do this for the community. That being said, my build isn't terrible, but it is really lacking in single target dps, which almost entirely defeats its purpose. The purpose of my character was meant to chill/freeze bosses without being based on critical strikes. I have no idea whether or not it's still possible with the current iteration of the game. Here is what I have so far:

Skill: Frostbolt/Vortex
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Elemental
What type of weapon will you want to use? Taryn's Shiver
What level are you planning to level this build to? Low-mid 90s
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: Elementalist

Skill Tree

A few things I've noted so far:
According to the wiki: Unbound Ailments causes 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments at gem level 20. If you read the wiki on Chill, you'll note that it states that, "Increased effect of Chill will decrease the life threshold if it goes over the slow cap. For example, with 100% increased Chill effect, dealing Cold damage equal to 5% of the target's maximum life or more will slow it by 30%." I guess the idea here is to find the optimal cold damage spell which can deal the most single target dps, while being able to fit the new Unbound Ailments gem into a 6L? By using Taryn's Shiver, a 2-handed weapon, I could run two 6Ls and use one for Frostbolt and the other for Vortex, but would that be optimal? I've also come to the conclusion that the only way to deal the required single-target dps, without increased critical strikes and multipliers, is to use curses and curse effectiveness, but what would the most effective way to apply those curses be? Should I drop Arctic Armour, pick up a 3rd curse with Doedre's Damning, and run curses on Blasphemy rather than Curse-On-Hit + Herald of Ice?

Thanks again for your time.

Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
I appreciate this offer! I'm so new that I might be requesting the impossible, but here goes:

I like Blade Vortex but I never want to cast it directly. I'd also like to play something that uses spells, but in melee range. So..basically any melee-range spell that has some "cast on crit" or "cast while channeling" blade vortex. If there are any "cast or channel while moving" spells, all the better.

Skill: Blade Vortex
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: I don't care.
What type of weapon will you want to use? 1h + shield or DW bc I enjoy faster attack speeds.
What level are you planning to level this build to? 70
Hardcore or Softcore? Soft
Ascendancy you wish to use: Not Templar.
Hi there, just saw your reddit post and figured I'd get a second set of eyes on an issue I've had for the longest time.

Backstory: My favorite build ever was a BotW featured over two years ago, an AoF Shockwave Totem build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb-Y5hXA3ww
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1176449

The gloriousness of entire screens worth of monsters suddenly going splat all at once with the splendid noise that the corpse destruction effect of the pyre ring is just fantastic.

The issue: Skill tree changes and various nerfs to aoe and changes to how dots work now have continued to thwart my efforts to turn this into a reasonable build again.

Tree Link:

What you need looked at/optimised:
Spoiler
Essentially I need to find a way to bring this build into the 3.0 day and age. It struggles pretty much everywhere in the current iteration. % HP inc is low, defenses are almost non existant given the bow/quiver combo, aof/pyre only yields 40% conversion now, the mana cost to support a 5/6L SWT is brutal, well over 140 mana a cast if memory serves with little to no increased mana on the tree and barely any es in gear to support the original eldritch battery system. And, probably the most problematic, is that I dont really know if i understand enough about how status effects work nowadays to know if i should be building for high initial hit damage, dot burn damage, or if i should be reworking to multi-element or poison or bleed or heck, I dont even know anymore tbh, giving me a headache trying to make something of it every league and always falling short with one aspect or another.

Post gear (If you want) here:
Spoiler
The original build used Death's Harp, Blackgleam, and Pyre to achieve the 100% fire conversion, but obviously pyre got nerfed into the ground so even with AoF and Pyre Ill only see 90% conversion =/

Thanks for your time, excited to see what you come up with!
Optimization - looking for some tree advice:

Tree: (Now) (Target)

Looking for advice on: general priorities. I'm unfamiliar with building for Ranger - am I choosing poor wheels to invest in?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info