[3.0] Build Help Thread! Making Builds For Everyone! Thread Closing 20th Sept.

Hello!

So, yes, I have returned... I had to stop helping people in 2.6 due to personal issues, and I was severely burnt out (15 builds a day hurts after a while)... So, I am back. However there are going to be some slight changes, which will be in the "Spoiler" below.

Changes and reasons I had to take a break
So, there are various reasons why I had to take a break.. and i will try to make this as non-depressing as possible.

- Pain management for my spine was rough in the past half year, which lead to me being away a lot,
whether it was hospital/ER or just no energy to do anything

- I was severely burnt out, Burn out is when you just get tired from doing the same thing over and over again, it can happen with your job, or with a video game, in this case, it was Path of Exile...
i have accumulated over 7.5k hours on Path of Exile and this was my first extended break.

- I am now writing video game articles for a website which i am unsure if i am allowed to share... but playing other games, writing down notes and such, takes up alooooooot of time.

- Too busy with life in general, things got in the way.

Due to these issues, i have decided to not be as full on as I used to, no more replying within 8-12 hours with your build ready... ill need to take it slow for now, and see how i adjust later on.

With no further things needed to be said (i butchered that sentence), lets move onto the build help thread itself.

I have been doing these for a good year and a bit now, and 3.0 is a huge update, which will bring in traffic and new players, who will be needing builds... So, hello new players, and old!

If you are unfamiliar with how this works, you simply fill out one of the forms below (Standard form and Optimisation Form), i will be notified and I will dedicate most of my spare time to reply and PM your build to you... I will try to reply within 48 hours, as i am busy nowadays, but rest assured, i will reply, If by any chance i do not reply, please, PM me and i will get on it ASAP.

Now, to explain each form:

Standard: This is where you request a fresh build from me, and we discuss further how you want it built... simple, right?!

Optimisation: This is where you want to optimise your current build, whether its old and still needs to be respec'd or its fairly new but you want to make sure it's good enough for certain maps/bosses.

Standard Form

Skill:
Crit, Elemental, or Phys:
What type of weapon will you want to use?
What level are you planning to level this build to?
Hardcore or Softcore?
Ascendancy you wish to use:

Optimisation Form

Tree Link:
What you need looked at/optimised:
Post gear (If you want) here:

Now, another thing, pretty small, or large, not sure yet, but I do have a discord, i will need to discuss with my guild (leader of DOMI) if they want people outside of the guild to be in the discord, but it should be fine... once it is decided, PM me about the discord and i'll send you the invite link.

I DO NOT MIN-MAX, I ENABLE.

Please, no pastebin links, as I do not use Path of Building, Thank you.

Discord Link

Alright, that's all set...

Lets do this.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Slayer_Tip on Sep 12, 2017, 1:09:30 PM
Last bumped on Dec 20, 2017, 4:16:45 AM
Heh...y'know what? Why not. Always been curious how these threads of yours worked, and I think I could use another set of eyes on my Winter Knight. Every time I try to start a general thread it falls flat on its face. Let's experiment!

Character: Winter_Knyghte

Tree: Winter Knight, prospective lv90 plan

What Needs Optimization: The build is visually absolutely spectacular and clears faster than virtually everything else I've ever played, but its boss-killing/single-target damage, not to mention its sustain, is so abysmal I haven't yet managed to clear Merc Lab. That's a serious failure and something that makes me question the fundamental idea of the build. I know a 6L Perfect Form could help but I just don't have that kind of scratch, sadly. Build is currently level 74 and has been known to struggle against mid-tier map bosses. It's maddening and makes little sense to me, so here's to hoping a set of fresh eyes can see where I went wrong.

Gear: Key pieces as follows:

Spoiler

Note: The Doryani's is a reserve item for when I hit its level requirement; its sockets/colors are not accurate to the build, which uses its movement skills as arranged in its gloves.

To recap: basic idea is Blade Flurry > CWC > Vortex, with Cospri's Malice CoC Frostbolt for more damage and better clearing. original notion was to run Elemental Focus > Hypothermia (proccing off Vortex's Chilled Ground) > Cold Pen in a 6L, but 6L Perfect Forms are hellacious expensive so blagh.

Anyways. Anything spring to mind? Should be interesting to see where this goes.
Last edited by 1453R on Aug 3, 2017, 3:37:55 PM
"
1453R wrote:
Heh...y'know what? Why not. Always been curious how these threads of yours worked, and I think I could use another set of eyes on my Winter Knight. Every time I try to start a general thread it falls flat on its face. Let's experiment!

Character: Winter_Knyghte

Tree: Winter Knight, prospective lv90 plan

What Needs Optimization: The build is visually absolutely spectacular and clears faster than virtually everything else I've ever played, but its boss-killing/single-target damage, not to mention its sustain, is so abysmal I haven't yet managed to clear Merc Lab. That's a serious failure and something that makes me question the fundamental idea of the build. I know a 6L Perfect Form could help but I just don't have that kind of scratch, sadly. Build is currently level 74 and has been known to struggle against mid-tier map bosses. It's maddening and makes little sense to me, so here's to hoping a set of fresh eyes can see where I went wrong.

Gear: Key pieces as follows:

Spoiler

Note: The Doryani's is a reserve item for when I hit its level requirement; its sockets/colors are not accurate to the build, which uses its movement skills as arranged in its gloves.

To recap: basic idea is Blade Flurry > CWC > Vortex, with Cospri's Malice CoC Frostbolt for more damage and better clearing. original notion was to run Elemental Focus > Hypothermia (proccing off Vortex's Chilled Ground) > Cold Pen in a 6L, but 6L Perfect Forms are hellacious expensive so blagh.

Anyways. Anything spring to mind? Should be interesting to see where this goes.

All replied via PM :) please ask any follow up questions you may have.

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Hey man, thanks for doing this. I would appreciate it if you could quickly look over my planned Glacial Cascade Miner for Harbinger HC to see if there are any optimizations you could recommend. I'm loosely planning for MoM, Acro/Phase, and Non-crit, but I'm not sure if Acro is worth it, and I may end up going Crit if I can get good enough gear to not feel totally defenseless otherwise.

Skill: Glacial Cascade
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Phys scaling
What type of weapon will you want to use? Tremor Rod
What level are you planning to level this build to? 90
Hardcore or Softcore? Hardcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: Saboteur

Tree Link: Path of Building -- https://pastebin.com/TyhV1GBr
What you need looked at/optimised: General pathing and node selection. Is the Templar area worth it? GC mines have absurd AoE so the Templar AoE feels unnecessary. Is the branch down towards Acro worth it? Mine/trap builds have bad survivability so I'm trying to layer on whatever I reasonably can.

Thanks for your time.
Rapid response despite pressing life issues. Worth checking out if you're looking for help.
I NEED HELP!!!
Dark Pact, which one is the best?
Scion:
https://pastebin.com/dEcxwMnr
Witch:
https://pastebin.com/D81azCse
Zerk:
https://pastebin.com/pc3vUK0H
Hi there :) i hope a request like this (without filling your form) is okay.

Looking for a build which is capable of taking atleast some damage. I hate dieing often after lvl 80 and loosing this brutal 10% exp :)
Actualy i like the dual fire totem build, but im not sure how durable it is on later levels ( 80+ )

The build should be:
- easy-moderate to level up
- be atleast a bit useful lategame on ( maps and bosses )
- not a glass cannon, i dont like dieing to often because of the exp loose.
- not too hard to play, last time i played PoE was 2014 i played a ranger until lvl 57. So im not that experienced.
- shouldnt be too expensive item dependent ( new league )

Any ideas?

only found a youtube fire totem builds but i dont know how glass cannon / tanky it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-27NriL6rdA
Alright, bump, replied to all, keep em coming.

Hello there!

First of all thank you for helping people out that's very commendable!

So, I need a bit of help building my Ice Shot Deadeye, especially concerning the optimal number of arrows fired. I linked the planned build and I left a few indications in the notes to help you out.

Tree Link: here's the Path of Building tree:

https://pastebin.com/Que5nwNZ

What you need looked at/optimised: General thoughts on the build but more precisely the Ice Shot links and the Ascendancy nodes.

Thanks in advance! :)
Welcome back, slayer!

It feels good to see you around once again! As always, on behalf of everyone in this thread, thank you for your great work!

Well then, enough with the pleasentries, I'm here for three reasons:

1. Could you take a look at this tree? As always planned to lvl 90, not sure with the bandit, most likely alira though. The idea was to use
with rallying and enduring cry. The socket on the top left is for rallying cry threshold jewel, the one in the duelist area for cold steel. Not sure on the skill, most likely earthquake, but open for suggestions.

2. For this one I need the whole tree constructed. I'm not sure if I can afford the build in harbinger, but if not then I'll do it in standart instead:

Skill: Glacial cascade
Crit, elemental, phys: the answer is yes. All of those.
Weapon: Tulfall, offhand will be esh's mirror. Surgebinders for added charge effects.
Level: plan for 90
Softcore, hardcore: softcore
Ascendency: Occultist for easy power charges
Voll's devotion and inya's epiphany would be awesome, but not mandatory. Life/ES hybrid is the goal, primary focus in stats should be defense, then charges, then spell crit and penetration. Ailments won't be as important.

3. The last reason I'm here is to help you out. I might not be as good with the skill trees as you are, but they should at the very least be ok. Also I'm rather confident in my ability to find synergistic uniques for a build.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info