righteous fire links

in 3.0 what do we expect to be the best single target set for RF builds, and what is best for map clearing? My current thoughts are:

RF > fire penetration> ele focus > conc effect (or increase aoe for map clear) > increased burning damage > ?

still figuring out what gems actually work with rf
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2017, 1:47:51 PM
I chime in:

does Swift Affliction work with RF? I cant find any Infos on that. I see some people work with SA but the Mouse over shows no relation to RF.
So what to believe?
Penetration does not work, as there is no HIT with RF.

Elemental Focus, Increased Burning, and Concentrated Effect are the only 3 that work.

There are indirect ways to boost RF damage as well.

Scorching ray applies up to -24% fire resistance, i use it in a spell totem for bosses and tough rares. Link it with Ele focus and Inc burning for more damage.

Elemental equilibrium is great. Because RF and SR do not "hit" they do not activate EE, so Arc or freezing pulse are great to activate EE, giving monsters another -50% fire resistance. I don't worry about damage with this one. I use Arc linked with chain to effect more of the packs. Freezing pulse with LMP/GMP would be ok too. Just makes make sure you have no source of fire damage on these, from rings, uniques, or conversion.

That is a total of -74% fire resistance on Rares and below.

The effect is less on bosses, and EE expires more quickly on them.
Last edited by mtlhed667 on Sep 19, 2017, 9:30:55 AM
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
I chime in:

does Swift Affliction work with RF? I cant find any Infos on that. I see some people work with SA but the Mouse over shows no relation to RF.
So what to believe?

'Swift Affliction' only links with RF if RF is supported by some other support gem which gives it a 'duration' tag.
Most common use case is 'spell totem'.
For self-RF you can link with 'Arcane Surge' which allows you to link with 'Swift Affliction'. Usually this is not done though because there is little (or none) benefit to not using an essence craft.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
For self-RF you can link with 'Arcane Surge' which allows you to link with 'Swift Affliction'.

That sounds hilarious. RF can literally never trigger Arcane Surge, so that's one giant waste of a support slot. But I guess if you're using a belly instead of kaom's and you reeeeally don't wanna run scorching ray, then swift affliction + arcane surge gets you slightly more dps than the essence'd helm, lol.
RF + Inc Burning + Conc/Aoe + Ele Focus, and put this in gloves Essenced with the More DOT affix, or a helmet with the More ele damage modifier. Then run Scorching Ray + Efficacy + Ele Focus + Burning Damage + Swift Affliction + Controlled Destruction. On top of that, use Orb of Storms to proc Elemental Equilibrium, Elemental Overload, and to apply curse(s). That's the most effective RF setup I've played with this league.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info