[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Do not these two gems cancel out? (I see them in the build of Hierophant FrosBolt)
- Increased Critical Strikes
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Increased_Critical_Strikes_Support

- Controlled Destruction
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Controlled_Destruction_Support

Ex.: - 100% (critical chance reduced) + 50% chance critical = -50% chance critical!

EDIT : Irrelevant.

"
Mentoya wrote:
Question, when do you suppose to get your third totem? I think Lifting in this video talked about getting a fourth totem once you get the points from doing the labs....But when do you get your third totem? I have two now that I can place.....I have both of the Frozen Trails and I got the 2nd totem from Ancestral Bond, but where and how do I get totem #3?

Thanks!

I think he was refering to the situation where you decide to spec out of Ancestral Bond. You would then have 1 base totem plus 2 from ascendancy.
Last edited by Miriemos on Aug 12, 2017, 5:49:25 PM
"
Do not these two gems cancel out? (I see them in the build of Hierophant FrosBolt)

- Controlled Destruction

Ex.: - 100% (critical chance reduced) + 50% chance critical = -50% chance critical!

if something gives +X% to critical strike chance you add it to base crit
if something gives XX% increased critical strike you multiply base crit by that amount and add it to total crit chance

frostbolt have 5% base crit chance
increased critical strike supports adds 1.9% and makes it 6.9% base crit
then you add increases and reductions
let's say you have 200% increase from passives, 200% increase from weapons, 5*40% from power charges, 88% increase from inc crit support, 100% reduction from controlled destruction
your total crit chance is going to be 6.9% + 6.9% * (2.00 + 2.00 + 2.00 + 0.88 - 1.00) = 47,47%

controlled destruction gives 44% more dmg which is enormous boost and is totally worth sacrificing 6.9% crit chance

basically anything in this game with word 'increased' counts from base amount and anything with word 'more' counts from total amount so the meta is to put as many 'more' as possible because it's getting stronger and stronger with every next one
Last edited by UnusualChinchilla on Aug 12, 2017, 3:19:14 PM
"
Miriemos wrote:
"

- Controlled Destruction

I guess you are supposed to use controlled destruction while leveling and switch it when getting more crit chance. If you do some research, you'll find a comment from LiftingNerdBro about that. I guess he forgot to make a note about it in the guide.

"
Mentoya wrote:
Question, when do you suppose to get your third totem? I think Lifting in this video talked about getting a fourth totem once you get the points from doing the labs....But when do you get your third totem? I have two now that I can place.....I have both of the Frozen Trails and I got the 2nd totem from Ancestral Bond, but where and how do I get totem #3?

Thanks!

I think he was refering to the situation where you decide to spec out of Ancestral Bond. You would then have 1 base totem plus 2 from ascendancy.

Ahhh okay, so I'll get an additional 2 totems from Ascendancy points? I must have missed that part....Then yes I will have four including the Ancestral bond extra totem.....
"
Mentoya wrote:

Ahhh okay, so I'll get an additional 2 totems from Ascendancy points? I must have missed that part....Then yes I will have four including the Ancestral bond extra totem.....

From Ritual of Awakening, you should take Pursuit of Faith first than Ritual from cruel lab ... and hopefully all your empty sockets are a short mistake and you don't level your char without any gems inside (you should level them as well, even if you won't use them until late game.

---

BTW can anyone clarify how arcane surge work? I mean i have it at lvl 8, it shows i have to spend 41 mana to proc it ... my linked flame dash (lvl 16) uses 27 mana to use ... but: arcane surge ALWAYS proc ... so i'm a little bit curious if i can level arcane surge higher ... or not? Why this discrepancy?
Last edited by Mydgard6 on Aug 12, 2017, 4:00:18 PM
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

From Ritual of Awakening, you should take Pursuit of Faith first than Ritual from cruel lab ... and hopefully all your empty sockets are a short mistake and you don't level your char without any gems inside (you should level them as well, even if you won't use them until late game.

I think ya lost me there. What do you mean when you say, "hopefully all my empty sockets are a short mistake?".... I'm just following the leveling tree that Lifting Posted....Should I be doing something different?....... I haven't been to any labs yet, if that's what you are asking?

Thanks..........
Last edited by Mentoya on Aug 12, 2017, 4:03:11 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

I think ya lost me there. What do you mean when you say, "hopefully all my empty sockets are a short mistake?".... I'm just following the leveling tree that Lifting Posted....Should I be doing something different?....... I haven't been to any labs yet, if that's what you are asking?

Thanks..........

He probably took a look at your gear through your forum profile and saw a lot of empty gem sockets, on your gear.
"

He probably took a look at your gear through your forum profile and saw a lot of empty gem sockets, on your gear.

Ahh okay.... Yea, I hardly have any gems slotted at the moment......I've been currency starved lol.....and I need the right colors and links......Spent all my currency so far on those 2 jewels(6 chaos total) and that's about all I've got so far, but then again,I'm only level 42....hopefully my luck will change soon.

Confirming that this build is fun and hardcore capable. Currently I am level 87 in the Hardcore Harbinger league.

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAOaBAcEUQSzBUII9AmqC2EQzBNxFCAWbxo4HNwdFB8CJKonLyoTKyYrtiycMtE1kjbFNuk6FjpYOuE8LT38PvFBckGWRUdFnUlPSi5Ms03jTq5QR1NSVcZYY1htWK5Y5VnzWitepV8_ZDNmnmebaFpo8mpDcg97IIKbg1-DzIPbg_OFMoaCi4yMRozPjxqPRpBVly2aO5rgm1GiAKPyplenCKelrhKuPq6zr2yxNrc-vKq86sBmwJrGrtAf0PXVi9Wm2CTYvdn82t3hc-Nq5FHr7u087w7v6_Af8kX2SPiT-d360v4K_o8=?accountName=Felekis&characterName=Synelixis
"
Jepe wrote:
"
Misterh8er wrote:
"
lycorisuno wrote:
Can you tell me what powers of Pantheon System I put in this build, please?

I'd also like to know this.

Thanks

Me too

Thanks
I've been playing around with them for a few days now.

Solaris when I was filling out my atlas, but i didn't really notice anything. I chose Brine King from t5-t9 and still didn't notice anything either.

Brine King when I was sustaining maps. Not getting stunlocked by something rushing you instead of your totems gives a ton of survivability.

Yugul when I decide to hit up 13% elemental reflect maps (you need to resummon your totems more, but it's totally doable as your crit strikes will inflict freeze).

"
Mydgard6 wrote:

BTW can anyone clarify how arcane surge work? I mean i have it at lvl 8, it shows i have to spend 41 mana to proc it ... my linked flame dash (lvl 16) uses 27 mana to use ... but: arcane surge ALWAYS proc ... so i'm a little bit curious if i can level arcane surge higher ... or not? Why this discrepancy?
You need to check the tooltip from your character tab (C). When a gem is linked to a support gem (faster casting, arcane surge), mana consumption is increased.

Last edited by CottonSwabs on Aug 12, 2017, 6:16:21 PM
I'm level 87 in Softcore. Hitting a plateau in terms of map clearing capability which I suspect will clear if I do a curse setup...

Ripping occasionally during red maps (T11 Shaped Spider Forest). Totems are way too fragile here beginning at this point, and projectiles cut me in two (esp with projectile mods).

Thanks for the build, got my currency pool up and running!

Here is my gear:

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info