[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Almost_Red wrote:
"
First of all, this is a pretty good build. thanks to Nerd bro!
Im thinking about Tukohama's Fortress and a good wand instead of the staff. what do you guys think? is it worth to try it out ?

I used 2 scepters with good cold and spell dmg rolls and one had nice faster casting on it as well and build was still very nice. I made enough in the last day or so to get staff and got lucky with getting jewellers touch and its mapping clear speed has gone up alot for sure.

But the staff is recommened unique and i recommend it but still a strong league starter and currency farming at start, but would def recommend going for the staff when you can afford it.

With Tuko u have up to 3 totems and a good rolls wand/scepter which provide us pretty good dps too. i dont think its a bad idea. Of course im thinking about endgame when you reach 80+ lvl and single target become really painful problem. Besides Tuko improves our defence and life.
Last edited by MithrandirTheWhite on Aug 8, 2017, 11:51:22 AM
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
And yes, even with the instant websearch @poe.trade I had to whisper for about 30 minutes up to 100 guys until someone sold me one for 2 chaos (9%). My one has only 7% from quest.

Thank you. The game has so many intricacies that every time I do something which seems overly difficult I'm concerned I'm misinformed about something. Guess I'll make a more prolonged attempt...
I just found a pair of Asenath's Gloves - the ones that "Curse enemies with level 10 Temporal Chains on hit". I tried them out and they appear to curse enemies if they are hit with the frostbolts from totems. What do you think about using these from my level 40 to about 70?
Possibly ignorant question:

None of the passive skill trees I've looked at for this build have Shamanistic Fury included. Why? It is close by and it seems like a powerful node for totems... what am I not understanding?
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
Possibly ignorant question:

None of the passive skill trees I've looked at for this build have Shamanistic Fury included. Why? It is close by and it seems like a powerful node for totems... what am I not understanding?

My guess is he wants to focus on life and crit to cause shatters. The build is intended to be for map clearing to farm currency. Having said that, it might be worth taking instead of one of the extra power charges. Dunno.
I'm Confused.... I'm checking frozen trail radius, and looking at your guide for skill points... I don't see how we ever get 40 int in the radius of the gem. Am i just not doing something right? Or did they change the radius of gems? None of the gem slots you pick up have 40int in the radius.
"
cjbender wrote:
I'm Confused.... I'm checking frozen trail radius, and looking at your guide for skill points... I don't see how we ever get 40 int in the radius of the gem. Am i just not doing something right? Or did they change the radius of gems? None of the gem slots you pick up have 40int in the radius.

Wait... wait a second..... Do i not have to actually have points in the intellegence nodes for it to count towards the jewel... damn am I dumb..
I've been messing around the passive tree for SC. I've came up with 2 builds below. They both lose the staff bonus and a bit hp for a ton more damage. 150-250% more damage.

But we lose 200% global crit chance and 65% global crit multiplier from staff. I'm not sure how much more damage my new build is compared to staff crit if any. What do you guys think of my build?

Is the damage worth sacrificing the staff and hp or will this make me too squishy? Also keep in mind, since we're forgoing the staff bonuses, we can use whatever weapon combo we want now. So 2x wand or dagger/shield might give us more dps in the end. Thoughts?

Also both build have at least 100% more mana regen than the original build.

Lose around 600 hp and all staff bonuses for 200 more mana 132% more totem damage and 109% more cold damage = 241% total extra dmg @ level 90
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAOMACSUBAG753YuMwJoJqtn8wGZFRzLR6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUnyDp5ReXdH9ES0snLzqakMI9AVCQZbQ9a6zTLPQH-_rIG5QMAQHg9tVxuvkXyofAjbFg_OuEkShpwiPRh0U-tJmnljlKhNaK6PyFm_jao5k96a2-gSzogDwH2jyHNyPGq9sC2HGrhDM-JM8LYNfg8y3Pv4K2L01kv6PTeOmVzrh8kWaO-081aZXlIKb4XPtIOw4hXtmVHsg_oc6WDsNEQ9MLRdUjjxWSp6hIoGfAdHkjYJT1DrYJy-QVRo4AAAAAAA=

Lose around 600 less hp and all staff bonuses for 1 extra jewel socket, 300 more mana and 132% more totem damage and 28% more elemental damage = 160% extra dmg @ level 90
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAOMACSUBAG753YuMwJoJqtn8wGZFRzLR6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUnyDp5ReXdH9ES0snLzqakMI9AVCQZbQ9a6zTLPQH-_rIG5QMAQHg9tVxuvkXyofAjbFg_OuEkShpwiPRh0U-tJmnljlKhNaK6PyFm_jao5k96a2-gSzogDwH2jyHNyPGm0ZIvRsC5MnUzVQQow2VUth4onTcFIqC13yr2wLYcauEMz4kzwtg1-DzLc-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRZo77TzVpleUgpvhc-0geyD-h76KoS86WCaV7DiFe2ZUAAAAAAA=

Original build by Lift @ level 90
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAOkACQUAAHH53YuMwJoJqtn8wGZFRzLR6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUqcIj0YdFPrSZp5Y5SoTWiuj8nIPlG9mVF6lE3FYro5k96a2-hZv42oWQIV9WfMaOJBVPvHVi0oup6VBcptRvJoEs6IA4XOaO4Kb7TzVpqyqcqnE9saurj5nm-RRUEfvDhQgXz_2SIzPPfxYYzwtg1-DzBDM_od7ILc-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRRzcjxrYJDbFg_NEoa4STq6xNh8CBAeD21XGOlhMs9Af7-sgblAw216us0GW0PUFQiycvOpqQwj0AAAAAAA=

Just go to stats on top left corner to see the stat comparisons. I like POE planner for this alone and much easier to add and remove passive points in mass.

Currently, I'm thinking of going for the first build for 132% totem and 109% cold damage = 241% extra damage. 3.6k vs 3k hp. 600 hp seems like a good sacrifice for 241% extra damage. But we can always make up for it by wearing a high life spell shield.
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Aug 8, 2017, 2:06:13 PM
Losing staff + some nodes also means potential loss of like up to ~30% block.

But is there any staff besides Taryns (unique) to look for?
It's hitting 27c already - rising faster than i can find chaos.
"
mhollmann wrote:
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
Wow. Getting the Frozen Trail Jewels is crazy. Turned on the automatic notification on poe.trade -- messaged 15 people within 10 seconds of their jewel being posted on poe.trade, didn't get a single response.

they are all scummers,
you can buy Frozen Trail from vendor in Act 5

You sure about that? Because the patch notes explicitly stated that they removed that vendor.

"
cjbender wrote:
Wait... wait a second..... Do i not have to actually have points in the intellegence nodes for it to count towards the jewel... damn am I dumb..

Yep, you figured it out. There's a reason that some jewels say "in radius" while others say "allocated in radius"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info