CrispyTaters Ignite Templar/Witch Build (Hardcore)

A bit on the Amplify and Blast Radius passives:

The increase in damage on these only apply when the Fireball explode proc happens as far as I can tell, so you don't get as much listed damage out of it if you use something like Pierce/Fork/Chain, since when those supports happen, there is no explosion. (As stated I don't recommend Fork or Chain however)

They are great for Fire Trap though.

"
I think you're right on that one after a little testing.

I'm finding the aoe surprisingly small to start out with, 140dps @ lvl 16 in western is nice though.

Yeah the only situation I could theorize it being useful is against necros, but this build doesn't have problems since the base mob type is normally resistant to lightning, not fire. Fire Traps make short work of them.
Hi, pretty nice build, i've been wanting to fiddle around with a trap oriented build for a bit now and finally got up it, having lots of fun with the retarded amount of damage traps/fireball do with Searing Touch (still low lvl tho, but i have experience with high lvl hardcore characters, my main being a CI dual spork totem witch).
I'd like to know your thoughts on Flame totem, i was wondering if the dps is good enough to spend some passives upgrading it, maybe going dual totem and use them to tank for you giving you a easier time to keep using Searing Touch at high lvl's where otherwise the lack of a shield hurts our survivability and makes it harder to cap resists. Would have to rely on fire traps to do damage, and take care of those pesky long range mobs that the totem can't hit.
Was thinking of something along the likes of Flame Totem+Lmp/Gmp+Blind and if the totems actually do good damage maybe link something more dps oriented to them.
Biggest concern with using Flame Totem and GMP is the mana cost, it ends up being pretty absurd.

It does respectable damage in a good fire build, although Searing Touch doesn't do much to help it specifically (besides the spell damage/fire damage).

I think Faster Projectiles increases the range similarly to how it does for Freezing Pulse and Ethereal Knives. I ran with a guy once who had dual GMP Flame Totems and he basically filled the screen with fire. It's also pretty interesting combined with a leveled Knockback gem, you can essentially kite mobs around and the knockback keeps them away from you.

If you run two, I would dedicate one to damage, doing something like Flame Totem -> GMP -> Faster Projectiles -> Fire Penetration, and maybe another with CC like Flame Totem -> GMP -> Faster Projectiles -> Blind/Knockback. Obviously a 5L or 6L could make things more interesting, but it wouldn't be required.

You'd have to play around with it on your own and see, I don't have much experience with that beyond early levels to tell you if going dual totems would be worth it.
@bbqsauced, hey how you added the lightning shock damage? Where do you get your lightning spell to shock? Just curious.
"
@bbqsauced, hey how you added the lightning shock damage? Where do you get your lightning spell to shock? Just curious.

My build does not utilize shock. In party situations, there's always someone else running it who can do it better. In solo situations, it is not needed.
Thanks for posting this build.

I'm running something similar, and this has given me a few ideas to consider, namely using Molten Shell to improve survivability, and maybe trying to use Fireball more often.

I use Decoy totem for crowd control, and then Flammability, then Fire Trap+Increased AOE+Chance to Ignite linked to a +2 Fire Gem shield. Then I mop up with Fire Storm + Fire Penetration + Increased AOE + Increased Critical Strikes.

For Auras I use Clarity+Discipline+Grace, which is about all I can afford without Eldrich Battery.

My Build at 73... Next point will take Body and Soul, which will give me a nice boost. I focus on Critical Hits a bit more than the OP.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABUIFWwdjCPQUTRVQHRQfAilPLJwtHzLRNsU22DrYO-E9X0GWQ2NEq0VHRtdJG03YUlNVrlXGVytY9V3GXvpgbWZPZp5r220ZcU1zU3kDgUmBb4IQgh6Cm4M4h2WIQot6i4yMdo5kj0aPpo_6ms-cLZ2AnjyiAKcIpyuus6-3sji1BLb6tzG4k7vWwFTBxcHzw23PZdDQ2CTa3d3z37Dhc-L35CLsGOw47FXtIO988WzxdvId96b60vyr
Hey, bbq, which bandit rewards did you choose? for which difficulties?
Bandit rewards are:

Normal:
Oak (40 life)

Cruel:
Skillpoint

Merciless:
Skillpoint
Really like the build but before i go balls deep into it, would you make any changes in your skill tree for softcore play?

Thanks again!
Feel free to make your own variations for softcore, my build gets 242% increased max life by the end, which you may not need depending on your own personal tastes.

I wouldn't change anything personally, but I consider my build more of a template. Some like more spell power, some like crit, etc. I'm always willing to comment on variations if you have them, so feel free to share.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info