Banned for no reason

Hi All,

Been playing PoE since beta stage. Never engaged in anything which breaks the code of conduct, yet about 2 weeks ago I have been "banned by an administrator". When inquiring with their support time, I was told that I was banned for the following reason: "(b) Modify or adapt (including through third parties and third party tools) the game client or its data, other than in the normal course of POE gameplay as permitted in accordance with the Licence."

I rightfully asked for a thorough investigation but this was futile as I received no reply, despite the several reminders I sent. This is extremely frustrating as PoE was a game I frequently played with my autistic son. I can't understand what happened to get us banned. At least please conduct an investigation.

Did this happen to anyone? Any advise please?
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2017, 5:02:52 AM
Investigations can take a long time as the investigations team is small. They do nothing account related via the forums and it is all handled via email.

All you can do is wait.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Thanks for your reply. I have been asking for an investigation for 2 weeks now, without any reply. I would imagine that at least they would have told me that an investigation is taking place. Can't understand why I have been perma banned.
"
sussu007 wrote:
I frequently played with my autistic son. I can't understand what happened to get us banned.

Maybe you didn't do something, perhaps he did and you just don't know about it. It also could be that you made that part up to try to garner sympathy.
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You also managed to pick a bad time, especially considering how busy everyone must be with FoO release, and all the emails that come along with it for one subject or another.

But not to sound rude or anything, it honestly is not my intention to come of as arsehole even tho i might be one - but why on earth would you let an autistic kid play on your account, be it son, daughter or whoever else.
That's like picking a good couch, soaking it in gasoline and thinking that it won't catch fire.
Let's assume you are truthful, but if the kid used some sort of shenanigans he should not have, they won't lift the ban anyhow, because no matter what - something forbidden was used.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:
You also managed to pick a bad time, especially considering how busy everyone must be with FoO release, and all the emails that come along with it for one subject or another.

But not to sound rude or anything, it honestly is not my intention to come of as arsehole even tho i might be one - but why on earth would you let an autistic kid play on your account, be it son, daughter or whoever else.
That's like picking a good couch, soaking it in gasoline and thinking that it won't catch fire.
Let's assume you are truthful, but if the kid used some sort of shenanigans he should not have, they won't lift the ban anyhow, because no matter what - something forbidden was used.

"played with" ≠ accountsharing
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
You know every time you send a "reminder" email, you push your ticket to the back of the queue, right? They work from oldest to newest and you keep making yours newest when you send an "update".
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
MarboroMan wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:

"played with" ≠ accountsharing

Except op wither slipped up typing or something because he says to get us banned. So he either meant it as they share the account or play together and just mixed his words. Willing to assume it's the latter here though.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
We play together... whilst he is sitting on my lap... only 8 years old lol so I'm sure he was not up to something especially since we play together on the same PC. Anyways besides the point, I won't send any further reminders but not really receiving help from support neither. I'll just have to wait this out I guess
Over three weeks and nothing... not even an investigation into why I got banned. This is ridiculous, really poor customer service. You can't ban someone for no reason; at least investigate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info