Ps4 & couch co-op

I'd really love to see this... ps4 deserves a Diablo killer. I've seen yes and no opinions but I'd love to see it. Any chance the devs are considering it? How would I find out?
Last edited by Seanshineyouth on Jul 19, 2017, 10:57:45 PM
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2017, 1:10:51 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
PS4: IIRC basically impossible for tech reasons? Something about XBox basically being a PC and PS4 being very different? Not sure, I'm not a programming person.

Couch co-op: Doesn't seem feasible honestly. I just don't see how you could have two players sharing the same screen.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
I remember seeing somewhere they chose Xbox over PS4 because of the friendlier ecoystem to deverlop fgor and that were considering PS4 much further down the line if ever but don't remember the sauce :/

GGG can barely keep it straight with the current Xbox port so I wouldn't hold my breath.
I work with children, and every time they talk to me about Overwatch etc. it's the XBONE version. A PS4 version would be a great way to get the 20-30 crowd interested in this game.
"
LucaExplo wrote:
I remember seeing somewhere they chose Xbox over PS4 because of the friendlier ecoystem to deverlop fgor and that were considering PS4 much further down the line if ever but don't remember the sauce :/

Debatable, but the fact is that the xbox IS a PC, it runs windows it uses direct x, GGG could almost install the game and get it running with next to no work, the work comes from optimization and balancing the game for a console.

PS4 however is more akin to linux, it require a lot of work to even make it run even before they get to the optimization and balancing.

That being said they could go for the PS4 for 4.0, since all the balance stuff has been done it's just the time and money needed to get the game running and seeing how it performs and it's likely that if they did the PC version would get non window OS support

BUT from what i hear sony are working on the PS5 rumoured to be due in 2019.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
viperesque wrote:
PS4: IIRC basically impossible for tech reasons? Something about XBox basically being a PC and PS4 being very different? Not sure, I'm not a programming person.

Couch co-op: Doesn't seem feasible honestly. I just don't see how you could have two players sharing the same screen.

Idk about the tech reasons for ps4, but I know ps4 is supposed to be way more indie friendly and accessible for most developers-- which is why is has so many more exclusives--- also Sony spends a lot of money getting them.... but it all depends on what tools the developer is using.

As far as couch co-op, I'm not sure why you feel this is impossible. Diablo 3 has done it very successfully, along with several other very graphically (and screen-real estate) demanding games, like the Borderlands and Battleborn series, and now, even though it was previously thought impossible, free to play games like Marvel Heroes Omega... When someone says it's impossible, it just means it hasn't been done yet, or they don't know it has been done... in this case it has been several times... unless of course there is a specific feature in path of exile you feel could not be re-imagined for 2 players sharing a screen? I'd like to know what it is... more often than not, it definitely can be done... it just depends on the determination and willingness of the developer for ingenuity.
"
viperesque wrote:

D3 does couch co-op and its really fun to play with people that aren't so into games like we are, seriously I think people underestimate how fun it is to slay stuff together.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info