Scammer [Removed by Support]

Hello, i have traded with a fellow via poe.trade and since i never got the wrong item whatsoever ive not checked the item before the trade (even though i found it weird that he left the party before the trade), so ive added all the enchants ive wanted on it (including Hysteria (arrggh)).
After i realised that it was a trash item with the same look, i asked him it is was an accident and he said no he gave me the right item and its not in his stash anymore, so after some back and forth he admitted that he scammed me, called me noob and so on.

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by Patrick_GGG on Jul 19, 2017, 12:05:44 AM
Last bumped on Jul 19, 2017, 5:49:28 PM
GGG won't do a damned thing to help you. You made the mistake of trusting someone and not looking at what you were buying. Learn from your experience exile.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Sounds like you are a "noob and so on", then.

GGG has a hard-lined policy in favor of clever scammers regardless of the level of proof you have. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Al_GGG on Jul 19, 2017, 12:48:23 PM
More like there's a system in place already to ensure that scammers have to both work hard and get lucky with inattentive marks. You are required to mouse over the item in question before completing a trade. I make a habit of actually glancing at the item I'm trading for to confirm it's what I requested before accepting a trade, because that's why the system is there.

This sort of thing is not easy for Support to fix, even if they did. Which they don't. It's considered a 'User Error' situation given the aforementioned trade protection. If a player can't be assed to make use of the trade protection Grinding Gear implements, then they don't get to waste Support's very limited time on an in-game scam they could have easily prevented themselves.

It sucks, but it's a suck it up and learn situation. Also blacklist that scammer on your own account, but you're not allowed to name-and-shame. Sorry, man.
"
HakkxCore wrote:
Hello, i have traded with a fellow via poe.trade and since i never got the wrong item whatsoever ive not checked the item before the trade (even though i found it weird that he left the party before the trade), so ive added all the enchants ive wanted on it (including Hysteria (arrggh)).
After i realised that it was a trash item with the same look, i asked him it is was an accident and he said no he gave me the right item and its not in his stash anymore, so after some back and forth he admitted that he scammed me, called me noob and so on.

[Removed by Support]

You should email support or techsupport about this issue. There might be something they can do.
Sorry about the loss of your item. Trust no one in Wraeclast exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info