Scorching ray CwC Firestorm + Immolate

Hey guys,

i was wondering how would Scorching ray CwC Firestorm + Immolate support work together.
Will Immolate proc on burning targets (from scorching ray) by Firestorm? That would be 10 - 243 damage per ball from Firestorm + x - x from immolate? Lets say 200-300 from immolate? Thats 210-543 damage per ball which i think sounds amazing then you add inc aoe for clearing conc effect for bosses and 6L maybe increased burning damage? Did i just set the meta for 3.0, am i the genius?

Or it doesnt work that way and im just stupid?

Thanks for your answers bois, have a neat day.
Last bumped on Jul 18, 2017, 2:10:36 PM
"
FiskyCZ wrote:
Hey guys,

i was wondering how would Scorching ray CwC Firestorm + Immolate support work together.
Will Immolate proc on burning targets (from scorching ray) by Firestorm? That would be 10 - 243 damage per ball from Firestorm + x - x from immolate? Lets say 200-300 from immolate? Thats 210-543 damage per ball which i think sounds amazing then you add inc aoe for clearing conc effect for bosses and 6L maybe increased burning damage? Did i just set the meta for 3.0, am i the genius?

Or it doesnt work that way and im just stupid?

Thanks for your answers bois, have a neat day.

I can't speak to the mechanics of whether SR / CwC / Firestorm will work with Immolate, but Firestorm had 30% effectiveness of added damage so it will add substantially less damage than that even if it works.
"
It does work. Immolate applies extra damage against burning enemies, not ignited, and Scorching Ray applies Burning. Immolate can only apply damage to hits, however.

I know scorching ray doesnt hit, but the fireballs from Firestorm do.. doesnt they? Or do the game take the Scorching ray as a primary skill, therefore ignoring the fact that firestorm is "hitting" ?
Sounds like it works, but if you apply the 30% effectiveness mod then Immolate only adds 60-90 damage per ball, or 75 average damage. It's only slightly stronger on the Firestorm than Elemental Focus.

It might be a good 6th Link, but hard to say if it's better than a different link that scales both the Scorching Ray and the Firestorm
What Warlord is saying, Fisky, is that Immolate does not/cannot apply to Scorching Ray. Scorching Ray will burn the target, Firestorm will then be hitting "Burning" targets and Immolate will proc, but as has been pointed out, Firestorm has an evil vicious build-killing (not really build killing, but still sucky) 30% damage effectiveness score. Flat damage has never been a huge option for it, especially since Immolate won't work on anything at the edge of the Firestorm's radius, away from Scorching Ray.

What might be fun, though, is Scorching Ray CWC Flame Surge w/Immolate (and El. Focus, and other juicy bits). Flame Surge has no decreased damage effectiveness and gets a huge 50% 'More' multiplier against burning foes, which should 'More' the Immolate massive added damage as well. Your coverage would decrease a great deal, but the combination could be brutal for dropping absolutely everything in your laser's path, more like the traditional Disintegrate builds from The Other Game.

Typical Scorching Firestorm builds, though? Nah. Just do the usual El. Focus/Efficacy thing, methinks.
Isn't immolate's added damage against burning enemies for attacks only?

Edit: nevermind, it seems it was false information source. It does work with spells.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Jul 18, 2017, 3:14:18 AM
Every time I try using flame surge I just swap to another gem. The range on that is just so bad. Even with both AoE nodes from the witch and Templar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info