Arcane surge getting nerfed?

"
Completed 1 ChallengeMark_GGG wrote:
The current Arcane surge is not final. We don't have the tech for the actual proposed design yet (and when we do, it will need tested to ensure it actually works out in practice).

This is actually very reassuring. I really couldnt understand a support that takes no investment yet gives nearly double the buff RF does to spell. This kinda sheds some light on the support.

My question is why release it at all if its not finished and its going to be something different from what it is now? Why not just keep it under your hat till its ready? You guys have delayed releasing Skills/Supports before till they were ready so why not with this particular gem? Thanks.
Pigs Are Great is recuiting for the upcoming Breach League. Contact Demonoz or Fumbleswing
For more Information: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772115
https://www.reddit.com/r/PoELFG/comments/5eu1zx/pig_pigs_are_great_casual_guild_focused_on/

Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 11, 2017 8:04:12 PM
Because the Tutorial needed to go out, and the tutorial supports are a necessary part of that.
Path of Exploits is dead :) Long live Path of Exploits!! - Skräcken
"
Because the Tutorial needed to go out, and the tutorial supports are a necessary part of that.

Thank You for the reply. Then i look forward to seeing what comes of the idea for the version you guys are working on. I hope it adds something to your skills that isn't just damage. Something interesting but at the same time useful from the start as well as endgame possibly. Which i could imagine will be quite a challenge. Again its kinda reassuring that the support is more of a placeholder for something that will be interesting.

Makes sense i guess to release it unfinished if it was going to hold up something else that is also important the game needs and that's tutorials to help new and returning players. I also hope you guys plan to expand on tutorials as well. So far they look pretty good. Simple yet get the point across. Maybe have similar popups for some of the new mechanics such a breaches or essences or silver coins the first time you encounter them. And they can always be turned off for players who dont need them.
Pigs Are Great is recuiting for the upcoming Breach League. Contact Demonoz or Fumbleswing
For more Information: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772115
https://www.reddit.com/r/PoELFG/comments/5eu1zx/pig_pigs_are_great_casual_guild_focused_on/

Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 11, 2017 8:20:20 PM
"
The current Arcane surge is not final. We don't have the tech for the actual proposed design yet (and when we do, it will need tested to ensure it actually works out in practice).

will this tech be capable of changing how fortify works with movement skills?
GMT -5 "EST"

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1222017
"
Completed 40 ChallengesGohei27 wrote:
"

will this tech be capable of changing how fortify works with movement skills?

2s duration + more attack dam mult?
Honestly, i would much rather have Arcane Surge as support to "Cry" skills. Abyssal / Enduring / Rallying.

These skills are undervalued, it makes sense to have something to support them either to give them Spell dmg or even attack dmg.

I would really prefer to have the gem reworked to work only with shouts and stop the insane Movement speed spam madness.

It could even have a guaranteed chance on shouts as they have own cooldown.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.
ING: Marxone
Ty for scam <3
"
Completed 31 ChallengesMarxone wrote:
Honestly, i would much rather have Arcane Surge as support to "Cry" skills. Abyssal / Enduring / Rallying.

These skills are undervalued, it makes sense to have something to support them either to give them Spell dmg or even attack dmg.

I would really prefer to have the gem reworked to work only with shouts and stop the insane Movement speed spam madness.

any love for warcries is a change I support.

let me build a warcry supporter.

I'm assuming the tech yet to be completed is the same as the one that Ruthless is getting.
Everything you do is sub-optimal.
Last edited by xThreads on Jul 12, 2017 5:05:10 AM
"
Completed 31 ChallengesMarxone wrote:

I don't think they're going to make a support gem meant to be a tutorial in twilight strand work only with skills you get much later.
AS could be a more multi but the more increase with the more you channel the spell ( 30% + 3% / 0.5 sec channeling max 60% (5s stationary) with ofc, need to be link to active spell)

so in tutorial, replace fireball with blight

probleme solve, and more love for channeling skill
Last edited by macenno on Jul 12, 2017 7:56:14 AM
Now when we know they are basically a placeholders, it would be nice to know what are they planned mechanics even if they are not finished yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info