Arcane surge getting nerfed?

But casters don't have OP damage flasks like WFBrew and Roar.

Vinktar is defensive one with just slightly damage buff.
Its OP. A change needs to happen.
"
Completed 31 ChallengesMarxone wrote:
If i put in there my low life ED from beta, i got to 160k, but my actual dot dmg on Essence Drain in game is 28k :) I am not sure how PoB calculates the dmg :)

Maybe PoB is calculating all the damage multipliers which can come from ascendancies / debuffs.

A 20 stacks wither is 140% more damage on ED dot, if you are Occultist (or Ascendant Occultist) you get a 20% or 15% enemy chaos resistance lowering which counts as another nice damage boost. There are also vulnerability or vaal lightning trap which can boost the damage significantly, and so can do flasks like WFB or SotD.

Talking about the new support gem, I would nerf its damage coefficient slightly and change its mechanics so it does not proc from movement skills.
My lowlife Essence Drain Ascendant: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1627803
Arcane Surge getting removed would be healthier, I mean we're talking about a basically free "more" multiplier, no matter how hard you nerf it, free damage will stay free damage. Free cause 100% uptime is totally possible. If they make it so movement skills won't trigger it, so what, I'm using it with a spell totem/wither, cause lightning warp sux with it, so yeah, remove it.
"
Completed 31 ChallengesMarxone wrote:

If i put in there my low life ED from beta, i got to 160k, but my actual dot dmg on Essence Drain in game is 28k :) I am not sure how PoB calculates the dmg :)

Thank You. Exactly. I rest my case. POB just gives arbitrary inflated numbers it's only as useful as tooltips to compare with others same setup and nothing more. Good tool but people read into it way too much. Great for min/maxing a tree.

"
Arcane Surge getting removed would be healthier, I mean we're talking about a basically free "more" multiplier, no matter how hard you nerf it, free damage will stay free damage. Free cause 100% uptime is totally possible. If they make it so movement skills won't trigger it, so what, I'm using it with a spell totem/wither, cause lightning warp sux with it, so yeah, remove it.

You damn straight. What really pisses me off the most about Arcane Surge is the fact they Nerf the Spell buff from RF then put this shit in thats almost twice as good.. Like WTF RF actually takes a huge investment yet this AS gives WAY more than it for basically free. It definitely needs to go back to the drawing board or at the very least be half as good as RF's spell buff. RF spell buff should be taken back to its previous value and the new value it has now be applied to AS. If they are not gonna outright remove it and rework the shit which would be even better imo.
Pigs Are Great is recuiting for the upcoming Breach League. Contact Demonoz or Fumbleswing
For more Information: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772115
https://www.reddit.com/r/PoELFG/comments/5eu1zx/pig_pigs_are_great_casual_guild_focused_on/

Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 11, 2017 5:30:52 PM
Doubtful it's in a good place surprisingly.
IGN: I_NO
- ''You will get 40/40 in a week Apathy than leave the game mark my words''
- ''A certain someone in the sub must be dealt with''
- ''Should we...kill him using a plastic bubble wrap?''
I agree, GGG is sometimes confusing on their choices.

And now for tooltip, my level 19 ED is doing 30714 on a 5L (ED, VM, CD, Efficacy, RD).
With Arcane Surge, it goes up to 42709.

100K seems hard to reach but not impossible as you need 70k without AS. (lv 21 gem, good gear, empower, chaos staff, low life). I doubt you already have that stuff on beta. ^^

What does always suprise me, is that GGG know those numbers, and obvioulsy understand it becomes a mandatory buff to have for any caster. OP or not is not the point for me, but when it becomes mandatory, it's a shitty mecanic.

On a side note, with buffed bosses' HP, ED is not super effective. I did not try Breachlord or Shaper yet, but for mapping, bosses are taking an eternety to kill compared to my others builds.
Last edited by xpxtxp on Jul 11, 2017 7:33:36 PM
Put the spell tag on arcane surge, and make it so it only procs on hit...

No more attaching it to shield charge for 100% uptime.

It should not work the way its working now, shield charge, arcane surge, increased duration is basically 100% uptime 40% more damage.

At least with maim it is required to be socketed on the attack its buffing.
"
Completed 20 Challengesxpxtxp wrote:
On a side note, with buffed bosses' HP, ED is in not super effective. I did not tried Breachlord or Shaper yet, but for mapping, bosses are taking an eternety to kill compared to my other builds.

Essence Drain single target damage on bosses has always been terrible without the "help" of poison.

Now that Poison is completely worthless with ED even with the heaviest investment in passives / supports you can imagine, ED's single target damage sucks when compared to a lot of other builds, even with 20 stacks of Wither and shock debuff on the target. The playstyle is safe as always, but it's far from being a T1 skill for boss farming.
My lowlife Essence Drain Ascendant: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1627803
The current Arcane surge is not final. We don't have the tech for the actual proposed design yet (and when we do, it will need tested to ensure it actually works out in practice).
Path of Exploits is dead :) Long live Path of Exploits!! - Skräcken

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info