How will new bandit rewards work with old characters?

Will we lose the choices we made and have to pick one of the new ones?
Or will old characters become Legacy characters and keep what they already picked.
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2017, 11:20:52 AM
I don't think there will be legacy characters, but the short answer is that we don't know. I would put money on GGG making a news post close to the 3.0 release that explains exactly how existing characters are going to work.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"Surprise! The 3.0.0 launch is also our first main realm wipe! LOL all those awesome NuLegacies you just got in Legacy League? Take pictures, folks!"

...not that I honestly believe they'd do that to their playerbase, but a tiny little sadomasochistic part of me wants to see what The People would say if they did.
"
1453R wrote:
"Surprise! The 3.0.0 launch is also our first main realm wipe! LOL all those awesome NuLegacies you just got in Legacy League? Take pictures, folks!"

...not that I honestly believe they'd do that to their playerbase, but a tiny little sadomasochistic part of me wants to see what The People would say if they did.

I think a large proportion would leave and never return. I probably would, leagues are not really my thing.
"
Mal_function wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

I think a large proportion would leave and never return. I probably would, leagues are not really my thing.

You would have temp only players leaving just because GGG decided to be dicks and lie, never going to happen.

More related to OP's question. This is the one time I would assume we have a bandit reset coming for pre patch characters. Seems like the simplest answer that will make people happy.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I'm also curious how they will handle the upcoming 'loss' of all things that our existing chars have experienced behind the 'normal' Malachai fight (that will be no longer existent in 3.0).

If these chars in perma's go 'back' (from their level's view) through the new content (what they obviously have to), it would cause a strange feeling if they just 'bypass' all rewards they already have taken as equivalents in the cruel/merciless content before...

Beside this: the third instance of the bandits decision is not an issue: this reward will be (very likely) remapped to a new quest that offers one of each additional charge.
But the two other ones are now a) combined and b) changed in their 'impact'. (Only?) Possible solution: both decisions are 'reset' and you have to decide again (taking away previous boni/passives). I see no other, easy way to handle the situation if you've taken one bandit reward and one passive.

For the 'wipe' "idea": since the impact of act 1 to 4 is not so big, compared with what will follow, why not just keep all stuff and gems but just push all existing chars back to level 1 with no quests solved? Wouldnt last long to rush forward to Malachai as you still can use all your stashed equips. Biggest "loss" here would be if they also reset the labyrinth (which is not compelling neccessary).
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
I'm also curious how they will handle the upcoming 'loss' of all things that our existing chars have experienced behind the 'normal' Malachai fight (that will be no longer existent in 3.0).

If these chars in perma's go 'back' (from their level's view) through the new content (what they obviously have to), it would cause a strange feeling if they just 'bypass' all rewards they already have taken as equivalents in the cruel/merciless content before...

Beside this: the third instance of the bandits decision is not an issue: this reward will be (very likely) remapped to a new quest that offers one of each additional charge.
But the two other ones are now a) combined and b) changed in their 'impact'. (Only?) Possible solution: both decisions are 'reset' and you have to decide again (taking away previous boni/passives). I see no other, easy way to handle the situation if you've taken one bandit reward and one passive.

For the 'wipe' "idea": since the impact of act 1 to 4 is not so big, compared with what will follow, why not just keep all stuff and gems but just push all existing chars back to level 1 with no quests solved? Wouldnt last long to rush forward to Malachai as you still can use all your stashed equips. Biggest "loss" here would be if they also reset the labyrinth (which is not compelling neccessary).

That would almost be egregious as a full wipe. By 3.0 I will have......16 characters level 70+? Why would I want to re-level them all with 20/20 gems????

Sure, each would take, I dunno, 10-15 hours (for me) to get back to 70+, but that's 160 hours of my time already spent. Not to mention the 85-90 on a couple of characters, that I ivariably struggle with (I die a lot!) - that's another 160+ hours alone lol.

Anyway, just trying to put that into perspective.

I figure skill tree wipe with all skill points retained, bandit rewards reset so you actually have to go talk to them, and that is that.
I guess you're right (my own char slots are not that much different then yours). It's not so much the time to get back where the new content begins, it's the effort to get back all the XP behind the new stuff (read: from 68 to where you were before)

Especially since GGG mostly focuses on their challenge leagues, no real 'need' for putting much inconvenience into the "old trashy legacy perma's"... ;)

Crazy idea: would be really strange/nice if they could store your 'stand', set you back to either 1 or to an equivalent level on the beginning of act 5, BUT give you then back all your previous xp when you finish the game in act 10. :D
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info