Champion eq marohi erqui 3.0

Hello I want to know if this build would still work for 3.0. I played it in2.6 and it was pretty Tanky with 5 link erqui and 5 link lighting coil. Could face tank merc itzaro. What changes should I make if you want to take a look at my character he is level 81 champ in list. Any help would be nice.
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2017, 7:33:17 PM
You Characters tab isn't public, at current. You'll need to change that to get any build advice.
i have made it public ty.
All right.

Gear: your gear is...somewhat depressing. You cannot afford to have garbage gear when wearing a Lightning Coil - it does you no good whatsoever if you're not capped out, and I don't see this being capped out. Obviously a new league will mean new gear, but your rings especially are kind of atrocious. Recommend stronger stuff next time. Marohi/Lightning Coil/Champion combo works, but you'll need a better gear standard to make it shine.

Also, don't put lab enchantments on Two-Toned boots. As you seem to've discovered, doing so overwrites the extremely attractive resistance bonuses Two-Tones give you. Two-Tone boots are super nice for making up the giant resistance penalty Lightning Coil inflicts, so keep 'em unLab'd.

Skills: I'm not sure why your linksets are as focused on elemental damage as they are? Weapon Elemental Damage is a nope for most anything that isn't a pure elemental damage build, no matter how many Heralds or Hatreds you employ; especially in 3.0, there are better support choices. Consider Inc. AoE/Conc. Effect on your Earthquake for clearing/bossing. As well, in 3.0.0 you'll want Maim on your Chieftain. The Chief is a fantastic choice for applying the Maim debuff, which will do a lot to boost your Earthquake damage. I'd probably pitch Conc. Effect; yeah, the Chief does less mad deepz, but those Maims will be applying what amounts to a big 'More' modifier on your enemy for both the Chief's own damage and yours. Big win.

Tree: Yours isn't bad, but there's a few inefficiencies and weird choices I'm not sure of, including more of that heavy focus on amplifying elemental damage. Physical scalars affect all of your damage; elemental nodes only affect your incidental elemental damage bitsies. If you're going with Maim on the Chieftain especially, you want to try and emphasize physical over elemental scaling. Especially because people are still sorely underestimating the Worthy Foe line on the Champion spec. I honestly think Worthy Foe is stronger overall than Fortitude; Unstoppable Hero is meh, while Conqueror is a solid damage reduction that stacks with Fortify, ECs, armor, and all the rest. Worthy Foe itself debuffs enemy damage taken, which is much better than people really give it credit for. Given that you're sing Enduring Cry anyways, why not load up on ECs in the tree and go for Conqueror/Worthy Foe over Inspirational? You get frequent guaranteed Taunts from your warcry, and thus you get to maintain your Conqueror/Worthy Foe bonuses all the time!

Or, hell, go for the gold - run Champion without taking Fortitude (GASP!!) and run Inspirational, FtS/LtF, and the Worthy Foe line. You Intimidate critters you club on full life (ANOTHER "increased damage taken" mod; between Maim Support, Worthy Foe, and Intimidate, you'll be close to DOUBLING the damage stuff takes from your Earthquakes/Chiefs. Wild!), Inspirational helps your mobility, and also you get mad cred for being the only Champion in the entirety of Path of Exile without Fortitude.

Because let's face it - is Fortifying when you need it off a Leap Slam or whatever really that hard?

One possible example, emphasizing regeneration because I likes me my regen on phys-based Labrunnger-style builds (Pardon, the SHort URL button doesn't seem to be working at the moment):

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAPcACDQ7AHgB3ASzBS0JlhQgFewaOBo-ITQnLykuNZI5DjrhPAU9_EE_R35N41BHUeZXDV8_ZU1o8m87cql07Xasd-N4DXh6eWh8uHzZggeCm4TZhO-HaorwjM-PYJBVlIeXeZ7Fn9-iAKZXqSepbqmUrY20L7XyuR29Nr6nwBrAZsEEypDPftIh2L3ZYdl82sHfsuRR6UbqGO8O73zwH_Gs8kHyRfZI9zL-Cv6Pr2xr2TSOhjvsOJo7u-2RzpZsI9NvJ5pqeu9AoCFgdPEppTrYouoS4S3SC2HGrgxfHKdTpcT2AZHEWHvUhJSJcexcG0aLpvAm3ocAAAAAAA==

Higher level than I like to do, and still incomplete at that (sad paucity of jewel sockets annoys me when you're RIGHT DAMN NEXT to three of them), but it's a place to start.
this is really really helpful man i really appreciate the help. if you dont mind add me on discord. gerber life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info