I hate Minions

In every game i always avoid "pet-classes" because i simply hate pets (minions).

After 2 years break i noticed that there is a Golem-minions that give passive bonuses to characters. Does it means that they are must have now?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Ice_Golem for example.

Yes i know 35% crit + minor damage is small but its still a great passive bonus.

I don't want to play with minion and and the same time i don't want to gimp myself. Wtf?
Last edited by Rozari on Jun 28, 2017, 1:39:23 PM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2017, 2:59:28 PM
No, they are not needed. They do give nice bonuses, for some builds more than others, but the bonuses are small enough that you wont need them for any build.

You can of course go ham fisted all in and create a golemancer build...
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
"
Rozari wrote:
After 2 years break i noticed that there is a Golem-pets that give passive bonuses to characters. Does it means that they are must have now?

Not required for all builds, however the builds I make always have at least one. I use golems for their passive bonuses, as well as a random decoy for aggro. In later levels they rarely die while clearing maps, but more consistently die with some map bosses. During progression they can die quite often.

Keep in mind this is not a "pet", which is a keyword used for MTX pets. Instead this is classified as a minion.

"
Rozari wrote:
I don't want to play with pet and and the same time i don't want to gimp myself. Wtf?

Then don't play one. You can always slot other useful gems in the slots normally taken by minions.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jun 28, 2017, 11:15:33 AM
I have little dog and I love it
I dont see any any key!
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Rozari wrote:
After 2 years break i noticed that there is a Golem-pets that give passive bonuses to characters. Does it means that they are must have now?

Not required for all builds, however the builds I make always have at least one. I use golems for their passive bonuses, as well as a random decoy for aggro. In later levels they rarely die while clearing maps, but more consistently die with some map bosses. During progression they can die quite often.

Keep in mind this is not a "pet", which is a keyword used for MTX pets. Instead this is classified as a minion.

"
Rozari wrote:
I don't want to play with pet and and the same time i don't want to gimp myself. Wtf?

Then don't play one. You can always slot other useful gems in the slots normally taken by minions.

But i will lose passive 35% crit chance and minor damage. No other Gem will provide same passive bonus. I will gimp myself by not taking it. Of course the difference is not that big but still.
"
I hate Minions

Banana?

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Rozari wrote:
But i will lose passive 35% crit chance and minor damage. No other Gem will provide same passive bonus. I will gimp myself by not taking it. Of course the difference is not that big but still.

That's only the minion gem. Most people who run a minion also add to it support gems, such as Minion Elemental Resist, Minion Life, Fortify, etc. On my Legacy character I run all four of those gems in a helm. So, I'm sure you can add 3 or 4 gems to make up for that bonus of not having a golem.
how can you hate the minions they are so cute

I dont see any any key!
You will be comforted to know that golems become hard to sustain in endgame without building into minions.

They just die easily enough that you'll have to link them to a trigger, or go without. Plenty of people go without because the bonuses aren't that enabling (without passive buffs), and just another contribution to high-maintenance gameplay.

In general caseses (non-minion builds) a cast buff, warcry, or totem will add more power to your build.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jun 28, 2017, 2:26:59 PM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
You will be comforted to know that golems become hard to sustain in endgame without building into minions.

They just die easily enough that you'll have to link them to a trigger, or go without. Plenty of people go without because the bonuses aren't that enabling (without passive buffs), and just another contribution to high-maintenance gameplay.

My single golem on my Legacy character with Elem Resist, Life, and Fortify hold up in uber Izaro, uber Atziri, and map boss fights just fine at end game. I might only have to summon them once or twice during the battle with Izaro, and a multiple times with Atziri. Not so much for Pale Council back when I did it in Prophecy. And probably not so much for Guardians or Shaper, though haven't done them yet at all.

My dual golems with my witch also did just fine with only Elem Resist and Life.

No need to choose passives to spec into them unless you want to use them for more than casual bonuses. If you want to relate "hard to sustain" with having to summon a few times, then yes, I'd give you that, but I don't consider that difficult to do. I cast curses in non-curse builds during difficult fights more than I summon my golems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info