We really need in game Auction House

"
PayneK wrote:
no we don't ...current poe.trade system is perfect ....the action house destroyed diablo 3 ...it becamed a game of market flipers ...meeting to trade in person slows market flippers down

Because ignoring AH, PoE and D3 are exactly the same game? Why is this stupid argument still alive, PoE NEEDS better trading system badly.
At the very least, there should be something like poe.trade, but IN GAME. Without the need of alt+tabing, with instant update of online/offline players and with better detection of afks.
Last edited by osesek on Jun 28, 2017, 3:27:50 PM
"
Fapmobile wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
An auction house would really complete the game. Easier to purchase items from other players is always a plus. At least give us an auction house in the standard league. Everyone already hates us standard lifers anyway.

For someone who barely plays, maybe.
A lot of people like the fact that this game has a learning curve in everything.

You have to actually figure out how to find certain items you want and then be able to negotiate with the seller. It's a lot more satisfying route once you succeed in the purchase this way than going to browse ah like some catalogue and pick everything you need with the currency your friend lent you (talking about new player's perspective).

No.

The learning curve has NOTHING to do with trading so that excuse can get flushed down the toilet too.

I don't think you understand how auction houses work and you act as if items do not already have fixed pricing.

You have nothing but bullshit excuses because an auction house isn't something that would benefit you.

Have you spent hours just trying to purchase one item off of various people from POE.Trade but they all say they can't be bothered to log on to Standard because they are too busy playing in a new league?

An auction house would actually allow people to buy the items without it being a huge pain in the ass like it currently is. Nobody wants to spend hours, days, or weeks trying to get a few items that they have the currency to buy because the piece of shit seller won't log on to Standard.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
D3 AH suffered, IMO, for two reasons: People didn't know how to sell or buy rare items (affixes too hard) and other people got super butthurt that you could spend cash money dollars on a digital axe and beat them in the ladder.

So.. PoE. You can buy the best gear in the game right now as long as you have the currency. No attunements, no impactful level requirements, just write your character out on paper, spend a day leveling up and hit up poe.trade. End-game viable, hoy hoy. So why not just convert to an in-game AH? I think we need to take a good long look at our 'currency' system.

If we had an AH to easily list currency (think of easily listing a stack of Alch's for 3c and having it sell while you're at work), more people would throw them up there. Much higher interest in 'trading up', I think. It also increases the SPEED of all trades. If I only play 6 hours a week and we can spend our away time with our items up for sale, the market becomes SUPER saturated with items and currency for sale.

Let's say that right now there are 20,000 fuses up for trade. Let's say an AH hits and suddenly 200,000 fuses are up for trade. The guy who wants the quickest payout sets the floor and his stuff sells the quickest, maybe 5f:1c. He undercut the market. Now I can 6L an item for only 200c! Well now the price of every 6l drops and everybody is in end-game gear. Woo-hoo!

The flippers buy ALL 200,000 fuses for 5f:1c and re-list them. Well, with a broader base of sellers, we all just list our 20 fuses we found that night and how the price is back down to 5f:1c. Flippers now scramble just to make their money back and re-list their now inflated stock, price goes down to 5f:1c. The market regulates itself, because the currency is generated FOR FREE AS WE PLAY. The number of fuses dropped per day isn't finite; it's as many as we can slay monsters for.

So GGG now has to figure out the issue, they don't want players hitting 6L end-game gear and giving up. They lower the drop rate for fuses, so that 6l's aren't as easy to get. Without so many new fuses listed each day, the price regulates back up and everybody's happy again, except that one guy who's 2k fuses in and realizes he never set his item to 20 quality.

Then you take the SSF players, or players who don't want to trade. Their experience is now in the trash can, as they leveled up to 85 in a vacuum and earned like 6 fuses along the way. They're screwed unless they participate in trade. This is where Blizz broke off and decided that every player gets all the drops they need, geared directly towards your character.

You just really have to look at it from a high level, and we need to have more data. Are there enough players on each realm for this to work? Would the current drop rates facilitate this, or would the game get too easy? Is GGG prepared to modify drop rates of things like fuses, with potentially catastrophic results, just to respond to the market? We just don't know, but that doesn't make the conversation invalid.

IDK, my $0.02.
"
satanttin wrote:
"
PayneK wrote:
no we don't ...current poe.trade system is perfect ....the action house destroyed diablo 3 ...it becamed a game of market flipers ...meeting to trade in person slows market flippers down
Sure. They removed auction house from D3 because it worked so perfectly. XD Makes sence. And yes poe has lots of flippers. But it would get 1094372678 times worse with auction house.
You get your facts straight fool.

as if Diablo 3 is a decent game now u wanna say? :')
get your fact straight [Removed by Support] :')

I dont know how D3 is now since i play only poe. Just saying that there is a reason why they removed AH and Trading from D3. THOSE ARE THE FACTS [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jesse_GGG on Jun 28, 2017, 5:23:23 PM
"
Laskinaama wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:
"
PayneK wrote:
Sure. They removed auction house from D3 because it worked so perfectly. XD Makes sence. And yes poe has lots of flippers. But it would get 1094372678 times worse with auction house.
You get your facts straight fool.

as if Diablo 3 is a decent game now u wanna say? :')
get your fact straight [Removed by Support] :')

I dont know how D3 is now since i play only poe. Just saying that there is a reason why they removed AH and Trading from D3. THOSE ARE THE FACTS [Removed by Support]

they removed it to make the game more Casual
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by Jesse_GGG on Jun 28, 2017, 5:23:47 PM
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Laskinaama wrote:

It was allways casual...
Last edited by Jesse_GGG on Jun 28, 2017, 4:48:04 PM
"
Laskinaama wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Laskinaama wrote:

It was allways casual...

well I dont know if you tryed the game on release but original inferno was just insanely hard

I would probably argue its harder than anything PoE has to offer

but they quickly nerfed due to whiners
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by Jesse_GGG on Jun 28, 2017, 4:48:31 PM
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Laskinaama wrote:

It was allways casual...

well I dont know if you tryed the game on release but original inferno was just insanely hard

I actually loved original inferno! That was some challenge!

But The main reason why the Auction House was removed is because most people spent more time playing the auction house or farming gold than actually just playing the game to hope they get the loot drops.
Also it made grinding loot pointless since you could just buy everything when you hit lvl70

And this is what would happen to poe if we ever got that shit in here. THANK GOD GGG knows this and wont bring that shit here.
"
Laskinaama wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Laskinaama wrote:

It was allways casual...

But The main reason why the Auction House was removed is because most people spent more time playing the auction house or farming gold than actually just playing the game to hope they get the loot drops.
Also it made grinding loot pointless since you could just buy everything when you hit lvl70

And this is what would happen to poe if we ever got that shit in here. THANK GOD GGG knows this and wont bring that shit here.

wait I already buy 95% of my gear past lvl 60

so what exactly would change?
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Laskinaama wrote:

wait I already buy 95% of my gear past lvl 60

so what exactly would change?

Maby nothing on that regard but there are other arguments that have allready being discussed in earlier posts and im too tired to write them here.
Anyway this is all pointless since GGG wont put that shit in poe no matter how many casuals cry about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info