Have you ever been fined for jaywalking?

http://jacksonville.com/news/public-safety/2017-06-26/video-shows-jacksonville-cop-threatening-young-black-man-jail-after

I have read that a cop's performance is measured by the amount of arrests they are able to achieve in a given time. For that reason they stop people for petty things (like jaywalking) and try to escalate the encounter, they may act like dicks trying to piss you off into doing something (like disobeying a command) and if you do that, they arrest you, if you do nothing you are OK(even if you disobey the command and they handcuff you, you most likely won't be charged as long as nothing more happen), but if you resist the arrest it means they got what they wanted.

It's like they are "farming points" on poor people.

In the video that I've linked above the cop even says: "I'm about to put you in jail" the guy says: "For what" cop: "Disobeying a direct order"

So it would be like that: "I was going to fine him for jaywalking, but when I asked him to go to my car for no reason he refused, so I arrested him, and during the arrest he made it hard for me to handcuff him, so charge him for resisting arrest"

Un-f**king-real.

Besides, the fine for jaywalking is 60 bucks? That's theft bruh.
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2017, 1:57:40 PM
Oh noes, another innocent black man is harrased by da powlis!!

Don't cross red lights. Don't argue with the police. Don't be a smartass gangsta thug. etc...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Oh noes, another innocent black man is harrased by da powlis!!

Don't cross red lights. Don't argue with the police. Don't be a smartass gangsta thug. etc...

Yes indeed, we could see him being a total "smartass gangsta thug" in that video

BTW, "Don't argue with the police"? I would like to see if you would keep your mouth shut if they infringed your rights.
Had to look up jaywalking because there's no such think in Germany afaik.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Once.

The cops were hiding in a doorway and i waited till everyone else had crossed and no one else were close, then i crossed a red light and kakoom they stepped out from their doorway.

And i was like alright 'den thanks you, have a nice day and they looked back at me all hollow like wtf are they even doing this is retarded.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jun 27, 2017, 10:30:50 AM
I friend of mine got popped for it while in Hawaii

he was in the Core and they dont care for military there
I dont see any any key!
Ridiculous for sure.

I live in a university town with a ton of students, and as such jaywalking is not only tolerated, it's pretty much expected by everyone. However, the only time local law enforcement would ever give anyone a citation over this is if they crossed the busy 4-lane business route here outside of crosswalks AND caused traffic disruption or an accident. On single/dual lane roads around town, I've never seen or heard of anyone cited for this.

I could understand if there was a busy 4 or 6 lane business route in a metropolitan area, but in low traffic areas this is stupid. And that's not even bringing into consideration the way this officer treated that jaywalker.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
soneka101 wrote:

It's $190 in my city, no joke.

Used to not be so bad, but then a few people got hit downtown and now it's the end of the world and they've gotta appear to do something while simultaneously raising revenue.

At this rate it'll cross $1k before the decade is out.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:

It's $190 in my city, no joke.

Used to not be so bad, but then a few people got hit downtown and now it's the end of the world and they've gotta appear to do something while simultaneously raising revenue.

At this rate it'll cross $1k before the decade is out.

Holy shit!

Seriously man, that's horrifying.

I kinda understand being enforced on areas that are more dangerous, but if they enforce it on sub-urban areas that have less traffic and having that much for fine, then it's absurd.
I paid $150 for mine...
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jun 27, 2017, 1:35:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info