Question regarding support gem linking

I've been wondering if Elemental Focus Support gem will work with Added Fire Damage support gem on a zombie?

Full link:
Zombie gem + Minion Damage + Physical Damage + Fortify + Added Fire + Elemental Focus Support
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2017, 1:35:37 PM
It would. But it might not be the best choice. I haven't played with zombies in years, but wouldn't something like minion speed be better?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I would honestly give it minion life over the ele focus. I don't think ele focus would add enough to make it worth it, while boosting its life helps keep a steady flow of damage (by means of having more minion uptime) as well as keeping enemy focus on it, rather than you.
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I personally like Fortify on my zombies, though I know some people would argue for other support gems like multistrike or splash
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
I would not use Fortify or Minion Life unless you start having an issue with your zombies dying in any fights other than bosses. I haven't taken my Necro HC build beyond low level maps yet, but I have not experienced any concerns with my zombies dying so far. Of course; in those situation where I am taking high damage and slamming a life pot myself, yes they often die, but I don't expect the Minion Life gem would keep them alive in those Boss situations anyway. Those are the situations when I hit my Vaal Summon Skeleton skill for 911 zombie replacements.

I chose from the following in order of preference for my minions:
Physical Damage
Minion Damage
Added Fire Damage
Added Chaos
Added Lightning

I don't use MultiStrike as I rarely add the Dexterity; yet I believe some players would consider that support in the top 3.

I don't use Melee Splash and I prefer sticking with the Boss Fight setup even when clearing as I am not a rusher and I find my minions clear quickly already and usually only hesitate briefly to kill the last rare, which having the Boss setup when clearing helps speed that up anyway.

Note: My zombies are always on a 4-Link so I only use top 3 above as my 4+ link is reserved for Summon Raging Spirits with the same support priority above but with Spell Echo at the top and Physical Damage on Full Life as a lower option as SRS normally don't take damage.
Technically, Elemental Focus will work with Added Fire Damage.

It however, isn't going to give very good returns for using 2 gem slots...

Elemental Focus would be worth more if you had a significant amount of elemental damage, such as Physical to Lightning support, alongside a Hatred aura and maybe even Grip of the Council.

Otherwise, you'd probably be better off with regular old physical damage supports such as Multistrike, Faster Attacks, Minion Speed.

Could even use Empower to get higher level Zombies, Poison is also really nice, as can Melee Splash and Culling Strike.

Though, in 3.0, there's possibilities for some sweet Elemental Zombro action, with Weapon Elemental Damage being reworked so it'll work with all attacks, so you can end up with Phys to Lightning + Elemental Attack + Elemental Focus + Hatred for some nifty amounts of ele damage.

Hmmm... I think I might have a looksy at a Phys (With Brutality + Maim) vs Ele (As above) vs Poison (10+ Zombro's + Vile Toxins anyone? Throw in Unbound Ailments... Might even make Viper Strike hit hard with little investment in your own damage... I'll test later!)
What If im using Elemental Equilibrium? I am currently thinking about Minion Damage + Melee Physical + Add Fire + Elemental Focus + Poison
So many responses here are ignoring the fact that you seem to be using zombies as your main skill, and so unless you want trash tier clear speed you're gonna want to use minion speed for your 6th slot.

I'd also personally swap out fortify for melee splash, but each to their own.
"
subtleorwhat wrote:
So many responses here are ignoring the fact that you seem to be using zombies as your main skill, and so unless you want trash tier clear speed you're gonna want to use minion speed for your 6th slot.

Depends on what items you're using.

For example, Queen's Escape makes Minion Speed not necessary for movement of Zombro's.

Other examples would be Essence crafted Rings.

Also, Flesh Offering.

Plenty of ways to get some zoom on your Zombro's without necessarily using thee support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info