Bigest POE exploit ever in Reddit

Things like this happen, and GGG are not some Gods but just humans so they can't really predict every single interaction in the game. With complex games like PoE things like this just slip unnoticed.

I just don't understand why they haven't implemented some global tracking mechanic so they can figure out when something like this is happening.

I mean, it should be easy to see something is wrong when people are able to make INSANE currency amounts in a single map. That should ring some red bell in heavy guarded room in their offices.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Last edited by G0rr on Jun 28, 2017, 4:13:12 AM
lol ring some bells :D
Yes, they can ask her how to do that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU9faERbno0
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
that was good :D
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
Bandicam, what is this 2007 with crappy Halo 1 videos

bandicam or not this is not the point here
the most important consideration..

is how much of this exploited currency has flooded the economy. how many of the exalts are being banked, to someway destroy a future economy.

this is very bad. on so many levels. and is probably why we have not heard anything from GGG on it. something like this, depending on the severity, could literally cripple a game. only GGG knows the extent of the problem, or maybe they don't. I have witnessed first hand, in a couple games, eve, wow. exploited world currency. the damage can take years to recover, based on the severity.

I hope it was stopped before to much damage has been done.

cheers.
"
OZFugazi wrote:

is how much of this exploited currency has flooded the economy. how many of the exalts are being banked, to someway destroy a future economy.

this is very bad. on so many levels. and is probably why we have not heard anything from GGG on it. something like this, depending on the severity, could literally cripple a game. only GGG knows the extent of the problem, or maybe they don't. I have witnessed first hand, in a couple games, eve, wow. exploited world currency. the damage can take years to recover, based on the severity.

cheers.

you do realize there are challenge leagues every few months? just start a new one and all damage disappears.

"
almostdead wrote:
"
OZFugazi wrote:

cheers.

you do realize there are challenge leagues every few months? just start a new one and all damage disappears.

so unless the whole challenge league is "void" (Legacy), then when that temp league ends, all chars, currency, items.. ect. default to the Permanent Standard or Hardcore leagues. now there may not be an active HC economy (which is easy enough to kill a char into Standard).. but pretty sure there is a little bit of a Standard economy no?

unless this exploit was going on during a race event (again listed as void), this exploited currency is very much "live". is it not? just live in the Perm leagues. and there are many many legacy items that command a large amount of currency to aquire.

but, if I am wrong. please help me to better understand.

all the best
"
MECHanokl wrote:
"
Kingoko wrote:
WTF And GGG not even sayin a word about that shit?

The only action taken so far was to lock the reddit thread...

I highly doubt it. That's all we see from our end. Since it appears the impact of this wasn't observed any further, I'm positive GGG did something on their end to ensure the fire was maintained. If everything is working smoothly as normal, I salute GGG.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
The biggest exploit is GGG selling non-Pack point bundles and void their eligibility for upgrade when a new supporter pack comes out
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info