Tarnys shiver or wand/dagger and shield for freeze crit build?

Was thinking about messing around with a triple curse MoM freeze build in 3.0 and was curious about opinions for weapon and shield slots.

Can you get enough crit elsewhere to use shiver or do you lose to much on the wand and shield?
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Jun 25, 2017, 5:28:45 AM
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2017, 1:27:06 PM
Those staff nodes juicy juicy. Check in Path of Building could be real good with Glacial Cascade.
It shouldn´t be a problem
Staff has a ton of global crit around the tree. Dunno if you can easily manage 95% crit rate or anything like that, but I ran a wonky-yet-satisfying Whispering Ice crittish build with staff nodes and Voidbringers without any real issue with crits, even without power charges. You can get what I would consider "enough" crit to be getting on with, and if you can find power charge generation in your build somewhere, then that'd be awesome.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Was thinking about messing around with a triple curse MoM freeze build in 3.0 and was curious about opinions for weapon and shield slots.

Can you get enough crit elsewhere to use shiver or do you lose to much on the wand and shield?

You can "easily" get enough, especially if you go assassin. Crit freezing pulse was my main character this league, and I pushed it up to 500k tooltip DPS using a Shiver. Those new crit chance/block chance far left on the tree are nice, as are the "old" staff global crit nodes.

I'm rocking capped crit chance with 5 power charges. And they more or less charge just by the assassin nodes.

The +2 on the staff is VERY good, especially if you are able to throw an Empower in there, while keeping crit high.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 26, 2017, 1:28:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info