Crash while changing instance ( portal )

after many days of testing things, i just discoverd something wrong at all. most of my friend have the same issue and some dont.

i play with steam ( i dont know if its the problem ), but after many test, i find out what makes me (us) crash. Its Engine Multitread. why? i dont know.

Engine MultiTread Enable = i do not lag in poorjoys run, but i got like 25% to 50% chance to get disconected while entering in the tp or leaving the poorjoys to go back in hideout.
If i solo maps, there is like 5% to 10% chance only i crash.

Engine MultiTread Disable = I do lag. during poorjoys its kind of unplayable. BUT i do not crash, NEVER.

1 thing i did is befor entering a map, i make sure my engine multi is Disable. inside the map ( or poorjoys ) i put it enable. I must not forget to set it Disable befor leaving the map. at all, its a pain in the ass.

ive changed many time graphics, setups, changed display, deleted the game 3-4 time and re-download it. setting Fast sync, disable V-sync etc etc etc.

i got an i7-5820k with a GTX 970

The last thing i think to do is upgrading my computer, to play the game without any lag like a gtx 1080 ( or 1080ti) + i7-7700k with ENGINE MULTITREAD perma Disable....

i dont know if you guys have this issue, but my brother, friends, guildy have it. we talk about 90-95% of people i play with... only 2 person never had this problem and their computer worth nothing.. like no ssd, pretty weak graphic card and cpu ..
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2017, 4:31:58 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
My game recently started to crash when changing zone or using portal. I use Engine Multithreading Enable.
I have been crashing while changing instances as well. I do have engine multithread enabled, and I have been able to fairly reliably replicate my issue.

I play with a two-monitor setup in windowed fullscreen over my main monitor and tend to search through poe.trade and etc with my second monitor. While changing instances, if I click over to the second monitor (I do not confine my mouse to game window) I will tend to crash out. This has happened to me several times in the past 2 hours, so I'll start waiting for the load screen before switching monitors. I have noticed it is more likely to happen on zones that have not been loaded recently.

Currently, I play with my graphics settings maxxed, minus the screen shake, and run normally over 100 fps.

My rig:
AMD 8150-FX
16 GB Ram
Geforce GTX 960
No SSD as of yet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info