What happen to my legacy char when fall of oriath relases?

Hi All,

I am new to POE, i am currently playing legacy league and i am level 78. can someone tell me what happens to my item and character when the new update releases? Do i have to replay the game from the beginning or i can continue from merciless. Moreover, what happen to my items and currency's? i am currently playing Energy shield build so do i have to respeck my skillpoints if they nerf ES, or will GGG give enough respeck points to re-arrange my passives? or nothing will happen to my old char? only if i go to new update mode or something then it will get effect?

Last bumped on Jul 23, 2017, 1:09:15 PM
When Legacy ends (which will happen before the release of Fall of Oriath), your characters, stash tabs, etc from Legacy will all be merged into Standard. Fall of Oriath will come with new leagues, and to play those you'd have to make a new character and start from scratch. However, you can continue using your existing characters in Standard if you would prefer. All the expansion content will also be available to you, with the exception of whatever unique twist the new leagues have. It's currently unclear how all the new stuff will work with existing characters, but expect more details of that closer to release.

Also, every major content patch grants all characters an optional full respec.

Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
I do not fully agree.

You dont get a "optional full respec", which would mean you can choose if you want to allocate your skill points new or you leave it like it is.
What i expect is a change in the Skill tree, what results in a mandatory "full respec", meaning you still have all your points but they are not allocated anymore, you have to allocate them.
If you can remember it ... fine, if not - like me - i recommend to make screen shots of your tree after each change you make.
Otherwise you wake up one day with no points allocated anymore (including Ascendancy points).
So prepare to reallocate your 90+ points again.

I dont how the "merge into Standard" works.
Will the achievements like access to labyrinths, acendency points, skill points, Maps map still be there, even if i didnt achieve them in Standard. Both of my inventories are fully packed (Standard and legacy) so how can they be merged ?.
Certainly all your legacy specific stuff will be lost. Talisman, Leaguestones, special uniques etc. that do only exist in Legacy will be lost.
Thats all i know ... but more information would be nice of course ... maybe someone could point to a information source where this is described ... so i might stop playing in legacy until FoO (new abreviation) is released.
"
ChaosKruemmel wrote:
Will the achievements like access to labyrinths, acendency points, skill points, Maps map still be there, even if i didnt achieve them in Standard. Both of my inventories are fully packed (Standard and legacy) so how can they be merged ?.

• The ascendancy trials you have completed in Legacy will be completed in Standard.
  • I don't understand the "ascendancy points" question. Nothing happens with those.
  • Skill points... you mean skill gems or the passive skill points on the tree?
  • The Atlas? The short version is that progress you made on Legacy but not on Standard will be carried over. The wiki covers some of the quirks that can arise due to making different decisions in Standard and the respective challenge league.
  • Inventories are character-specific and won't be touched. The stashes will be merged. This is done by taking the (non-empty) stash tabs from the challenge league, turning them into withdraw-only stash tabs, and adding them to your stash in Standard.

"
ChaosKruemmel wrote:
Certainly all your legacy specific stuff will be lost. Talisman, Leaguestones, special uniques etc. that do only exist in Legacy will be lost.

I'm sorry, but almost all of this is wrong.

Leaguestones won't be usable in Standard. You keep everything else.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info