Hotkey bug - Unresponsive or just plain different hotkeys all of a sudden

Copy paste from reddit (I'm the original poster):

I'm not sure what happened, maybe someone here has an idea. I'm thinking either a bug with AutoHotKey, PoE, or a strange lag spike?

Was running a map and got hit with corrupting blood stacks. Mashing my staunching flasks wasn't getting rid of the debuff, so tried hitting the force log-out key but that didn't work either which ended in a rip. Once the "you died" button showed up, I got a bunch of whispers from someone all at the same time. When I clicked the button and popped up in standard, my hotkeys weren't working. For example, I'd hit ESC to bring up the menu but it would just window me instead. Similar stuff with other buttons. After I restarted the client everything was fine.

Again, couldn't use flasks, couldn't log out, all hotkeys were messed up until rebooting the client BUT I didn't feel as if I was lagging. I was moving around and interacting with mobs as if nothing was wrong (apart from no flask input), but then I got hammered with a ton of whispers all at once as soon as I died which to me suggests lag? What went wrong?

BTW this was in LHC, not beta.
Relevant programs that were running at the time in background are AutoHotKey and Razer Synapse.

ALSO

Ripping to this bug has killed my desire to play the game until there's no chance of it happening again. I'll be checking every once in while on this site to see if there's any updates regarding it. If this bug is fixed, could someone please post about it here in case I don't find out about it?

Last edited by SuccYE on Jun 19, 2017, 9:13:46 PM
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2017, 1:19:12 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Supposedly this hotkey bug is caused by a recent patch to Razer Synapse, which can be used to remap any key or mouse function. I've disabled Razer Synapse and instead am using "X-mouse Button Control" but who knows when the bug could happen again, if it still will at all. I won't be testing it for myself until the 2week mayhem race.

I'm not having much difficulty finding claims online of people experiencing similar issues with Synpase. Hopefully this is the culprit.

I'm still confused about the bunch of whispers I got all at once, but it may have just been a coincidence.
Last edited by SuccYE on Jun 20, 2017, 5:57:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info