ES is dead. Long live Life? Guess again.

If history is indication we get more OP every patch. I go by history like a landlord or credit agency. We'll be more face roll than ever.
Git R Dun!
As time moves on the only feeling i have now is that GGG is killing the "fun"

some example :

- Spell shotgunning (incinerate, freezing pulse etc)
- Cast on Crit changes
- Double Dipping changes
- ES nurf in 3.0

Yes it maybe be view as balancing the game for some people and so on. But for me its just going towards the boring and dull spectrum.

IGN : Sir_Big
it's not point that es is nerfed. point is - what is witch supposed to play . life? good joke
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
"
it's not point that es is nerfed. point is - what is witch supposed to play . life? good joke

i suppose Witch is supposed to play Berserker VP Marauder in 3.0 ^^
IGN : Sir_Big
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
"
The fuck is this? Life is already good as it can take VP

you're right,I_NO, berzerker + VP with 6000 hp are nearly undying beast ...but it seems not everybody knows it...

have fun
yes sure. Then one hit from guardians and you are dead.
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
"

you're right,I_NO, berzerker + VP with 6000 hp are nearly undying beast ...but it seems not everybody knows it...

have fun
yes sure. Then one hit from guardians and you are dead.

If you're dying in 1 hit with 6k-8k hp via a guardian you're doing it wrong the only way to get hit that hard is if you stand in a direct smash attack such as slam from minatour or hell slash from Chimera.

A normal auto attack does not do 6k hp regardless of outcome.

I've done both Life vp and ES and 100% sure I've done more guardians here then anyone including shaper as a meta user mind you so if you're standing in stupid shit as a life user obviously that's not how you fucking play it.

You can stand in shit as ES because you had a super high ES value with vp in terms of like hell slashes smashes watergun burst attacks all that shit you do all that as ES with VP.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 18, 2017, 6:03:47 PM
life has always been fine. ES was just too good.. its been brought into a more reasonable place.
Instead of nerfing ES they should just give monsters ridiculous damage numbers for their special slams so no matter if you go ES or Life based you would still end up being 1 shot. Maybe make Shaper's explosion deal somewhere around a ball park figure of 1,500,000!

This way no matter what build you chose you aren't immune to the content!
Last edited by XerxezBreak on Jun 18, 2017, 6:08:35 PM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"

Ugh this is such a thoughtless mantra from one holding a grudge.

Please guys, this response is NOT for I_NO but for others still unsure how to see things. The one thing I urge you is to not just jump on this bandwagon - wait and see what comes out in the meta. It's entirely possible you might be surprised - VP will probably find an entirely different and less prominent place in the meta.

Hm, let me see. I don't like "go build a.... and show me" arguments, so let's try this instead.

1) get a vinktar's flask and run some kind of point blank build (a la barrage or howa SB)
2) make sure your build has enough dps to drop t15 bosses in one chug of vinktar's
3) you'll eventually die to some boss above t13 because you have no defense stats other than life, and when vinktar's is down your recovery is absolutely terrible. Kill em before you get hit? I don't think you can anymore, but time will tell.

Shaper himself might be a notable exception because of the way his laser beam works. But the content leading to shaper, on the other hand, we will have to see.

seriously... even with this kind of recovery, if you're only sitting on 5.5k life (northeast side of tree!), without incorporating a layered defense you're just gonna get demolished as soon as you reach t14. Sure you can probably get to 7.5k(maybe 8k?) with perfect gear in 3.0, and that probably would change things a bit, but most people won't be able to do that.

VP+vinktar's isn't quite gone from the meta but I doubt we'll be seeing it become the prominent choice again for ranged in the northeast and scion. Except notably for people who never plan on going past strands.

Now, until they rework reflect, crit builds are still kinda forced to take VP at certain gearpoints. So here's hoping GGG sticks to their word and gives us a reflect rework.

Why would you do bosses if you cant, it's simple you only clear the packs and skip the boss.
Life is fine if you get kaoms or belly.

7k life is quite hard to achieve if you dont have those 2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info