Monster AI- Designed to kill while typing?

Semi serious thread

Anyone else notice how monsters kill you while typing? I know in most cases its due to not checking your surroundings before typing. However I have noticed several times that I can stand in an area for over minute without monsters attacking me. Yet as soon as I open global chat and start typing, monsters instantly start swarming in. These are monsters I have not triggered yet and are off screen, yet attack as soon as I start typing.

So what gives? Just a constant series of unfortunate events or is there some hidden code that GGG implemented to troll us?

(Bearing in mind they are responsible for that one strongbox monster to run off instead of attacking, causing you to chase after it for longer that necessary).
One cannot help but wonder how such a lust for loot can affect a persons mind. Although these exiles appear to be our salvation, it would not take much for them to turn on us as easily as they fight gods and demons.
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2017, 6:54:59 AM
Doesn't sound like you are exaggerating at all...

Nope.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
The name of this phenomenon is "confirmation bias".

By the way monsters wander around randomly when activated (when your character is close enough) which means they have a good chance to eventually attack you if you just keep standing there. Solution is to move back a screen or so before doing something like typing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info