Post your reason why you hate doing labs.

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

of course threads like this are a echo chamber. and because of the one sided title, pro labyrinth posts automaticaly bolster the argument of the lab haters.

ergo, we shouldn't post here and leave them to themselves. i would make and push a pro lab thread if i had the time. but sadly i didn't.

Nope your accusation that this is a echo chamber is your opinion, not a fact.

If you're free to make more than one replies here and instead claimed that you do not have time to make a pro lab thread then someone is being dishonest here. Hmmmm, i smells hypocrisy lol.....

threads that already exclude other opinions in the title are destined to be echo chambers. that is my opinion, yes.

i'm not hypocritical if i claim to have no time to maintain my own thread but make some statements here that need minutes in my coffee breaks.

so i'm done here too. have a nice discussion about the lab challenges.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

of course threads like this are a echo chamber. and because of the one sided title, pro labyrinth posts automaticaly bolster the argument of the lab haters.

ergo, we shouldn't post here and leave them to themselves. i would make and push a pro lab thread if i had the time. but sadly i didn't.

Nope your accusation that this is a echo chamber is your opinion, not a fact.

If you're free to make more than one replies here and instead claimed that you do not have time to make a pro lab thread then someone is being dishonest here. Hmmmm, i smells hypocrisy lol.....

threads that already exclude other opinions in the title are destined to be echo chambers. that is my opinion, yes.

i'm not hypocritical if i claim to have no time to maintain my own thread but make some statements here that need minutes in my coffee breaks.

so i'm done here too. have a nice discussion about the lab challenges.

OOOO you mean you have no time to create a thread specifically for "likes for lab" but you have so much time to create more than 6 posts in this entire thread. 6 versus 1, sounds too convincing LMAO. Try harder man. And you claim that this thread is a waste of time and you're always back for more lmao.

Total contradiction, total hypocrisy at its finests.
I love lab because I think it's easy as hell once you know the mechanics and I love uber especially because it's EZ money because nobody wants to run it for themselves.

I hate pretty much every aspect of the lab otherwise, biggest gripe would be the forced 1-life aspect (mostly an issue while leveling and undergeared) combined with the fact that performance in the lab is shit, most of the traps, especially saws, make me go from a steady 70-80 fps in even intense combat to a crawling ~20 fps and I don't know why. Before I upgraded my rig I would crash 50% of the time the first time a dart trap fired in a new zone, and would get ~5 fps during and immediately after izaro's barrage attack. I don't have too many issues anymore but I imagine lab is a fucking nightmare for anybody who has a middling quality computer.
The only thing i hate worse than lab is reading YoursTruly86 typing out his ass
I like labs, new ones are even better.
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
Post your reason why you hate doing labs.

Why? There are 1000 threads about this already and ggg has really proven that they don't give a fuck.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Gave up reading after the second page with all the toxicity in this thread. I'll just post why lab is the my least favorite thing in poe.

1. It really only benefits some builds while screwing over others. For example my ST raider with 8 frenzy charges can breeze through it easily while my DP zerk would never go near that thing in a million years.

2. Traps. These remind me of those insufferable jump quests we see in some korean mmos. If you die to them, all your progress is lost and you have to start from the very beginning.

3. Lab is too long. Rewards are too random. Yes, I can buy the helm enchants but it's not always available/comes with good stats.

4. Mobs give no exp. Many of us run labs for the helm enchants and we just want to get to the damn boss asap. There are too many dead ends and even worse, I don't feel I achieved anything after running it for the hundredth time and not getting the enchant I want. Making the mobs give some decent exp would be some consolation. I know some run purely for loot, but I can't sit through running the same 12 rooms over and over again every day.

5. Lab is not hard, just tedious. Most end game builds can kill izaro in a few seconds it's not even a challenge. Memorizing the layout of the lab from poelab and running it hundreds of times in a day does not somehow make you good. I have killed shaper and uber atziri many times and though those fights are not that challenging per se, it at least has some mechanics you have to deal with.

Edit: Just realized this thread was necroed by a necro, ironic or what.
Last edited by Cristil66 on Nov 2, 2017, 4:59:02 AM
Here are my reasons why I hate the lab:

[]

The only thing that is annoying is if I disconnect.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
These threads are why I wish we had polling in the PoE forum. I think if you could create a poll you would find significantly less people hating on the lab than you think.

I find it fun and challenging.
"
tm10067 wrote:
I like labs, new ones are even better.

Ditto, I used to hate lab in the beginning, but (mostly with practice) had gotten much easier.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info