The more I play the more cheated I get

"
Deadpeng wrote:
Okay I can view your build now. Ahh! A standard glyph mark build. First of all, if you think all the kind suggestion from the forum so far is going to make you reflect immune you are terribly wrong.

Reflect is still going to kill you once in a while and that is going to be the deal with this build no matter what. Vinktars is going to be the only solution and you need to run either a legacy one or run two vinktars.

Well yeah that I knew , but I'm complaining in this post about the lack of diversity when it comes to dealing with it ...Arrow dancing really helped alot.But the solution now being not one but two vinktars only kinda reinforces my point.I need to be a goofbaal with two of the same flasks constantly running and moving and getting carpel tunel while other builds facetank everything then come here and tell me to deal with it or git gut whatever the hell that means.I played with mortem morsu a bit , funny that a 1 ex build does whatever it wants meanwhile the more you invest in others the crappier they become.If people don't see a problem with reflect maybe at elast they see a problem with these types of builds.But it's obvious that the biggest problem with build diversity is reflect more than half of what could be done and played is not worth it just because of a troll cheese mechanic that only changed it's % over 17 years and not the way it works.
Last edited by JKlupper on Jun 15, 2017, 1:20:19 AM
Well

Firstly, 3.0 may or may not offer a solution to reflect.

Secondly, the concept of a build is something players invented, GGG merely allowed us to play freely. For example, most melee builds use ancestral warchief for extra damage. Take note, a simple choice of keystone passive would then make the whole build revolve around ancestral warchief itself.

You chose to play Glyph Mark because you think the build is cool or whatever reason, and therefore paid the price for it in exchange. The fact that you would pay 250 exalts more despite reflect being your nemesis all the more justifies reflect to exist. It is what punishes those the majority who prefer luxury builds and not going for humble ones. That is what GGG calls build diversity!
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Well

Firstly, 3.0 may or may not offer a solution to reflect.

Secondly, the concept of a build is something players invented, GGG merely allowed us to play freely. For example, most melee builds use ancestral warchief for extra damage. Take note, a simple choice of keystone passive would then make the whole build revolve around ancestral warchief itself.

You chose to play Glyph Mark because you think the build is cool or whatever reason, and therefore paid the price for it in exchange. The fact that you would pay 250 exalts more despite reflect being your nemesis all the more justifies reflect to exist. It is what punishes those the majority who prefer luxury builds and not going for humble ones. That is what GGG calls build diversity!

Humble builds that are op without time invested in them listed everywhere on the internet.I'm guessing ggg doesn't plan for these things to happen it's just the nature of the game and the tree and they fix here and there were and when they can.When they could just fix reflect allow their passive tree and game all together to work properly and also not punish their fans for playing or for wanting "expensive" builds or to max their characters.It doesn't make sense to put this false max that you can get when in reality one needs to cap much lower.The game for new people is deceiving from the start it's really hard to grasp everything , lag kills often every thing can kill you in the game so what is the point of killing yourself.I'm afraid people that stay in front of the monitor playing to long can't tell the difference between adrenaline and stress anymore...or maybe I can't tell the difference maybe I actually enjoy reflecting myself to death every time I get 10%
Last edited by JKlupper on Jun 15, 2017, 2:02:01 AM
Nono. GGG will not! It gives what you wanted! Build diversity!
Agen i mast say just use CWDT Warlord mark and Immortal call, use arrow dancing, check if your accuracy is ower 89% if it is trie to get it down, use Vaal grace and you never see problem with reflect.

Evasion is wery wery strong mechanic and dodge is one thats crap, but dodge help reset evasion entropy so wen evasion finaly kneal down then dodge come to help and reset entropy.
So 30% dodge is not that great, you need like 40% base and then trie to push it to 50-60% (more the better), geting some coruption or enchants even using a flask have grat effect becouse its aditive.

Do that and you wont have reflect problems even with out VP.
Bescily you need them dodge.
Skill tree

WIll say you got some strange choice of skills and even stranger skaling, not wery efficient.
Geting Lightning arrow insted of Split arow will probably be better idea, as for single target there is Barage, Tornado shot and Blast Rain is not bad for sure. Ther is plenty elemental penetration now thats wery good as it can go negative, besicly it will easy offset penalties as GMP and such, geting banch of ele damage on ele resist monster is not that great end game.
Also i will sugest traing Raider and generaly trie difrent stuff, you be suprised how things can worck out.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Jun 15, 2017, 6:43:55 AM
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
Agen i mast say just use CWDT Warlord mark and Immortal call, use arrow dancing, check if your accuracy is ower 89% if it is trie to get it down, use Vaal grace and you never see problem with reflect.

Evasion is wery wery strong mechanic and dodge is one thats crap, but dodge help reset evasion entropy so wen evasion finaly kneal down then dodge come to help and reset entropy.
So 30% dodge is not that great, you need like 40% base and then trie to push it to 50-60% (more the better), geting some coruption or enchants even using a flask have grat effect becouse its aditive.

Do that and you wont have reflect problems even with out VP.
Bescily you need them dodge.
Skill tree

WIll say you got some strange choice of skills and even stranger skaling, not wery efficient.
Geting Lightning arrow insted of Split arow will probably be better idea, as for single target there is Barage, Tornado shot and Blast Rain is not bad for sure. Ther is plenty elemental penetration now thats wery good as it can go negative, besicly it will easy offset penalties as GMP and such, geting banch of ele damage on ele resist monster is not that great end game.
Also i will sugest traing Raider and generaly trie difrent stuff, you be suprised how things can worck out.

Thank you for taking the time to help.
You have so much damage, you don't really need to invest in crit multiplier. It's probably reason #1 what's killing you.

Think of it this way: Crit multi will probably let you kill bosses and rares a bit faster, a few seconds per map, maybe? On the other hand, it will cost you a lot of time/xp in the rare occasion when you die to reflect. In my book, it is not worth it.

With such nice gear as yours, you can save tons of passives by going less crit. It will free up so much leeway for more steady damage and much more defenses. You should try the raider ascendancy with phasing and onslaught/frenzy, replace your crit gloves by dust&shadow or some good rare ones. Tons of fun. If you don't like it, as others have said, there's many ways to improve your build, in particular please go lightning arrow + single target such as barrage.

Good luck & have fun

Edit: general though regarding reflect: it is not there to punish/cap high damage builds, it is made to force them to gear into damage AND defenses. And, of course, playstyle and attention.
Last edited by Archinquisitor on Jun 15, 2017, 6:31:16 PM
First thing I would do is to stop using Facebreakers, change them with some defensive gloves like Atziri's Acuity. Then I would run Grace instead of Hatred, that should take you a long way towards not having any problems with reflect, your damage will still be good.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Jun 16, 2017, 1:28:04 AM
I don't care about xp anymore.I had problems with getting back to were I was in a map.Especially on a temporal chain frozen ground/tar map.So I just linked a portal to my cwdt and now I'm happy thank you.I still think it's a bullshit mechanic tho who ever created it should've put a brevet on it or something make them pay at least to torture us.
Last edited by JKlupper on Jun 16, 2017, 2:26:55 PM
There is one more thing I would like to touch upon.If you guys like and/or think reflect is so necesary for "limiting " farm speed progression , then why not implement it for everything.Totem damage reflect back at their owner , mine/trap damage back at their owner , chaos dmg etc.Why not those?At least balance the broken shit.

Ou and now that I just create a portal when I die and go right back to my farm how exactly does it cap/limit my dps or my farm speed?You can argue it limits me getting my level 100 but in reality it doesn't even limit that it just makes it impossible.And in reality it was just a vanity thing I don't even need it.
And yeah reflect makes so there is a downside to me getting a better weapon or is it?i get a better weapon so i can respec some passives and get way more defense and keep my original dps.So I still benefit but in a weird way?I get a weapon to afford to be more defensive isn't that weird???How about map mods?I also have to pay everytime I roll reflect.But does the map mod "no regen" also apears randomly in maps that doesn't have it like reflect does?Or in maps without leech do you you get random moments were you can't leech and get in trouble?No , well then balance it make it happen as often as reflect apears...

Also some of you said it doesn't kill build diversity but then you all point to the same part of the tree and/or tell me to go lighting arrow barrage...I know split arrow is shit but I like it.Is it in the game just to trick me?

And I hope someone from ggg sees this and they talk about it at their monday sushi meeting.You guys must make reflect fair for all if you leave it in the game.Either it doesn't 1 shot no matter what, doesn't affect if not visible on the screen yet , or just make it reflect everything all sources of damage.Like come on there are people with 10 ex gear and lvl 80 that don't give a shit about reflect or anything in the game they don t even click the mouse more than to just put a totem/trap/mine down and then just hide or just str8 up face tank.meanwhile I'm running around around like crazy getting carpel tunnel with my 300 ex gear.

It clears to fast????How when it took me a year to get to this point?How is that fast?How much should it limit me?Make it 3 5 10 years?
I die to reflect 10 times more than regular stuff like actually interacting with mobs and getting hit.How is that not broken?
So in conclusion let me tell you what reflect si doing for me now.It makes me spawn portals everywere witch is also cheese but eh...and it also takes me to a loading screen every time making my pc slowly die so I'll need to spend money for new parts..or the whole thing , when i could be getting outta my poor existence some more ggg stuff.See it's even bad for business.

Sorry for my english , my paging , my frustration.TY

Last edited by JKlupper on Jun 16, 2017, 8:47:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info