The more I play the more cheated I get

Been grinding my ass off for a year to buy a bow ,spend all I had changing my setup and whatnot and the game rewards me by making me kill myself even harder.I don t get it i have all the life nodes i can possibly get to I got vaal pact i got evasion, dodge , nothing helps .Pls tell me what is the solution to this I must sell my bow and get a lower damage one so i don t blow myself up??spend over 250 ex on a character and still can t handle reflect.What is the point of this game why am I cheated so?Must i really be a pathfinder?must I really use a vinktar?these are the only solutions for reflect?It's not right.how would i use vinktar anyway?I never see the reflect when it kills me and if I get close to see it they hit me.Please someone help me!

Should I buy a 10000000 resolution screen to see 5 screens away, that comes with a 1000000$ computer?
Last edited by JKlupper on Jun 14, 2017, 12:19:22 PM
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2017, 7:03:02 PM
Calm the hell down for a second.

What skill are you using? How much of what kind of damage are you dealing? What kind of reflect is killing you? If you're using primarily physical damage, slot in a phys to lightning support gem to split your damage 50% phys / 50% lightning, it'll help with phys reflect. If you're wiping on ele reflect, use a res flask for whatever element is ripping you on reflect. It'll not only give you more res, but raise your max resistance to that element (which is a huge deal). Also, make sure your resistances are overcapped (To deal with elemental weakness maps)
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
"
VictusBcb wrote:
Calm the hell down for a second.

What skill are you using? How much of what kind of damage are you dealing? What kind of reflect is killing you? If you're using primarily physical damage, slot in a phys to lightning support gem to split your damage 50% phys / 50% lightning, it'll help with phys reflect. If you're wiping on ele reflect, use a res flask for whatever element is ripping you on reflect. It'll not only give you more res, but raise your max resistance to that element (which is a huge deal). Also, make sure your resistances are overcapped (To deal with elemental weakness maps)

Sorry pal got the worst case of buyers remorse...Anyway I'm a fan of the game I'm playing I'm grinding I'm out there in Wraeclast wasting my life and my bone health and all i get in return is CHEESE death.
if you have a mirror-level bow then you can replace your rings with anti-reflect rings and enjoy a bit of safety

'too much damage' already tells you where the problem is - it is 'too much' part that matters. do you need that much damage? do you REALLY need it? what kind of content requires you to get this kind of damage? when T16 maps (except bosses) can be done with a 5link chin sol?

you deal 1mio damage to a mob that had 80k HP. why?
"
JKlupper wrote:
Been grinding my ass off for a year to buy a bow ,spend all I had changing my setup and whatnot and the game rewards me by making me kill myself even harder.I don t get it i have all the life nodes i can possibly get to I got vaal pact i got evasion, dodge , nothing helps .Pls tell me what is the solution to this I must sell my bow and get a lower damage one so i don t blow myself up??spend over 250 ex on a character and still can t handle reflect.What is the point of this game why am I cheated so?Must i really be a pathfinder?must I really use a vinktar?these are the only solutions for reflect?It's not right.how would i use vinktar anyway?I never see the reflect when it kills me and if I get close to see it they hit me.Please someone help me!

Should I buy a 10000000 resolution screen to see 5 screens away, that comes with a 1000000$ computer?

Slayer and elemental both have 50% reduced reflect dmg taken nodes.
What´s your life, damage type?

There are lots things to do .. skip reflect - especially maps, damage conversion, some passives, special items such as http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sibyl%27s_Lament

You can use sibyl, slayer or elementalist or a combination of them for reflect.

If you lack the defenses and have that much currency, i recommend the combo blightwell/xirgil with an occultist(wicked ward) and reckless defense jewels. This definitely should work
Last edited by EHIDE4LIFE on Jun 14, 2017, 2:55:32 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
You have to purposefully gimp your character in this game to handle the 1% occasion where reflect will kill you. Enjoy or play builds that don't take any reflected damage.

This is the part about reflect that I don't get.So I play so long invest so much time in one char just to gimp it after??I know there are ways to mitigate the reflect I'm just saying it should either appear far less
be a flat amount like lighting thorns or just reduce the number.But even with 1% reflect i would still blow up.I got the point of reflect in diablo...nothing in that game is dangerous but in poe anything can one shot you already so what's the point?had char with 12k armor and 6.7 k hp and a freaking blue little skeleton 1 shot me.Or you know give the most squishy classes like deadeye some sort of reflect mitigation.Why make pathfinders facetank everything but with deadeye I'm not safe 2 screens away...Just remove the classes that can't handle reflect why bait me into playing so long just to brick me afters.It's already hard enough for new players to start because skills are not available from start you have no idea what "increased" and "more" do so you either follow someone s build which I really don t agree with or you go step by step learning and after you lose a year of your life you brick that's it wasted.I really don't get why so many people defend reflect...you either have to much time on your hands or no regard for it.The game is fine without reflect you will still die plenty of times.I never feel like it's my fault when i die to reflect.How could it be I don't spam attacks I go easy when I try to level.Who uses a sybil anyway?!It could at least not be fatal in one shot make you think before shooting again.But no they even added that joke of an invasion boss with both reflects.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Yeah it's annoying. Best you can do is live with it, sell your bow, and experiment with builds that don't kill themselves.

I've toyed with builds with mirrored wands and daggers, as well as hard hitting two-handers. All had reflect issues when you get to those high damage levels. So I sold the items, abandoned those types of builds and just stick to totems or Essence Drain. Trap builds are ok too but feel a bit more risky. Summoners work on easy maps but they get wrecked on heavily modded tough maps.

But this is a fundamental flaw of standard.I'm playing standard exactly to get to those items what would otherwhise be the point.that and level 100 which is impossible for me.My pc is not the best but it's not that bad and yet I die alot to fps drops to like when the guardian bloodline apears alwyas lags like hell for some reason , every map I start with beyond on it won't stop lagging until I'm dead after that it's completely fine.Like I say there are a lot of things that already kill you in this game.Reflect really needs fixing like maybe start from 1% dmg if it's 2 screens away and increase the closer you get or have warning for shit classes and skills.Like for example if I wanna play split arrow the game should warn me "this skill is complete garbage and it will also make you kill yourself alot".Or make reflect all have inner treasure and be trapped in stasis like essences or something make me think about if I wanna try my luck or not.

What's the point of having such op items if they only make me weaker...It's a paradox.It's how the game cheats making me try more play more.I should be playing more because I like it not because I'm being teased.
Last edited by JKlupper on Jun 14, 2017, 6:12:21 PM
the game doesnt 'cheat you'. it lays out ground rules before you. its your choice if you choose to ignore those rules and don't adjust your playstyle.

reflect is currently the only cap on damage. and it used to be 100x more stern.

the better question is, why do you expect a huge uptick in damage without downsides? and try to use a statement that doesnt justify it with 'fun'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info