Nice Water but my FPS!

God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Jun 8, 2017, 5:57:56 PM
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2017, 5:56:50 PM
Your texture quality is on high. Your antialiasing is also turned on.I'm not sure if these are deliberate or not. Try changing the texture quality to medium and turning anti-aliasing off.

The water does look pretty nice though. I'm curious to how well it'll look on my computer later, thanks for the warning.
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Your texture quality is on high. Your antialiasing is also turned on.I'm not sure if these are deliberate or not. Try changing the texture quality to medium and turning anti-aliasing off.

The water does look pretty nice though. I'm curious to how well it'll look on my computer later, thanks for the warning.

I just tried those, it didn't seem to make any difference. I was afraid of this as soon as they teased it. Because standing next to the water in Highgate always did the same.
This next solution is kind of bad; you shouldn't have to do it, but have you changed texture quality within the Path of Exile settings prdocution_Config file? If you change texture quality to 3, it might not be as bad but you will lose some aesthetics. I used to use 5 and it wasn't totally horrible.
Last edited by Slicer9875 on Jun 8, 2017, 8:14:19 PM
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
This next solution is kind of bad; you shouldn't have to do it, but have you changed texture quality within the Path of Exile settings prdocution_Config file? If you change texture quality to 3, it might not be as bad but you will lose some aesthetics. I used to use 5 and it wasn't totally horrible.

Lowering the texture, to claymation does nothing, but make it look like crap, with 20 fps. The water is as broken as the shadows.
Have you tried multithreading or dx11? If your computer can support dx11, you might want to enable multithreading. It does seem to tend to crash, but if you're getting poor performance anyway, you might as well give it a shot and change back when not near water.I wouldn't typically recommend this, but it doesn't look there's any way to improve performance of just water.

Otherwise, the only thing I think that would be left to do is get a better graphics card or new computer.

This is definitely going to hurt people with weaker GPUS ...
Last edited by Slicer9875 on Jun 9, 2017, 2:02:30 AM
Looks like the beta client. You'd be better off posting this in the beta forums, where the GGG folks specifically working on the beta, as well as other players in the beta, are more likely to look.
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Have you tried multithreading or dx11? If your computer can support dx11, you might want to enable multithreading. It does seem to tend to crash, but if you're getting poor performance anyway, you might as well give it a shot and change back when not near water.I wouldn't typically recommend this, but it doesn't look there's any way to improve performance of just water.

Otherwise, the only thing I think that would be left to do is get a better graphics card or new computer.

This is definitely going to hurt people with weaker GPUS ...

DX11 get 20fps because you can't turn shadows off. I get the same fps with DX9 and shadows on.
below 1080p resolution....not using dx 11 or multi threading........................

Also you should have posted it in the beta forums (you know...where the devs will be most active looking for problems to fix)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jun 9, 2017, 11:06:20 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
below 1080p resolution....not using dx 11 or multi threading........................

Also you should have posted it in the beta forums (you know...where the devs will be most active looking for problems to fix)

I thought I did post in the beta forums. Too many beers that night I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info