Don't any of you naughty people have beta access?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
They just give direct access to your account if you're a $500+ supporter, which is incidentally how the GF got in to try PoE for the first time in five years, because I rammed a diamond up her account once.

I didn't buy any FoO packs because...hookers and blow, give or take.

Vinia and Thaumetic Sulphite?

"
kolyaboo wrote:
Yeah, no reason to rush. Take your time, enjoy the scenery.

The "incremental" improvements in art and sound are one of the things I look forward to most. Hearing new sound FX added to flesh out an older area of the game, or subtle art assets make the game more enjoyable for me. I just hope long term, there is some replay-ability for earlier acts in the game - and not just maps.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jun 8, 2017, 10:41:38 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
They just give direct access to your account if you're a $500+ supporter, which is incidentally how the GF got in to try PoE for the first time in five years, because I rammed a diamond up her account once.

I didn't buy any FoO packs because...hookers and blow, give or take.

When I do, THEN I'll give my key to Bars. Yes. That works.

Well, I can't wipe my arse with the beta more than once :D

Apart from that, I'm a bit baffled by this special consideration, as I don't think I deserve it?

The only explanation I can think of is something about denying validation which makes certain personality types crave it even more, perhaps? Anyway, this way of thinking is quite alien to me, so I'm honestly baffled.

Not that I mind it, not at all. I get to be rude to people, and they actually act nicer in response? Hey! I could sign up for that! It's like a life hack, lol
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 9, 2017, 1:41:58 AM
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Would love to enter the beta.

I saw what Reycheetah did, I am 100% sure he planned it exactly the way it unfolded, and I do not approve one bit. He saw you wanted a beta key, he intentionally said he has one, ignoring you, you said again you could use it, and then he gave it to Shovelcut without even acknowledging your existence. That was well-planned and executed pure meanness. He saw an opportunity to rub your nose in the dirt and he executed it.

I may not approve your forum behavior, I've made that more than clear, but I can at least understand its emotional underpinnings and I recognize it's coming from a place of vulnerability, even if it's distorted and backfires in the most spectacular way.

I have much more disapproval for what Raycheetah did. So, what I'm going to do is give you a beta key - if you still need it. I don't want anything in return. It would certainly be nice if you tried to be a bit less mean in off-topic, but it's entirely up to you.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 9, 2017, 2:53:14 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Would love to enter the beta.

I saw what Reycheetah did, I am 100% sure he planned it exactly the way it unfolded, and I do not approve one bit. He saw you wanted a beta key, he intentionally said he has one, ignoring you, you said again you could use it, and then he gave it to Shovelcut without even acknowledging your existence. That was well-planned and executed pure meanness. He saw an opportunity to rub your nose in the dirt and he executed it.

I may not approve your forum behavior, I've made that more than clear, but I can at least understand its emotional underpinnings and I recognize it's coming from a place of vulnerability, even if it's distorted and backfires in the most spectacular way.

I have much more disapproval for what Raycheetah did. So, what I'm going to do is give you a beta key - if you still need it. I don't want anything in return. It would certainly be nice if you tried to be a bit less mean in off-topic, but it's entirely up to you.

Finally a voice of reason in off Topic. Yay. have some cookies. :)
To be fair (no offense to anyone) Shovelcut asked first. If it were me I would have given it first come, first serve so people didn't think I was discriminating.
Censored.
It's not "finally", I've always been one, it's just that you don't like reason very much :)
It was mean, without a doubt.

Cool thing to do, Bars. Nice gesture.
"
Bars wrote:
That was well-planned and executed pure meanness. He saw an opportunity to rub your nose in the dirt and he executed it.

Whoa, that's going a bit far huh? Couldn't have just checked both our post histories and decided one should get it over the other?

Or even possible he's using the ignore script?

Seems to me that's some serious 'jumping to conclusions' there. :(

Kudos for offering up your key though, for those of us that can't afford to drop more cash to GGG atm it's an extremely kind gesture.

Spoiler
FWIW he did say he checked my post history, so it was part of the selection process. *shrugs*
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Jun 9, 2017, 3:13:51 AM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
To be fair (no offense to anyone) Shovelcut asked first. If it were me I would have given it first come, first serve so people didn't think I was discriminating.

Sarah said she would love to join the beta, and Raycheeta wrote about his spare key two posts afterwards. I am convinced he knew very well what he was doing. Not begrudging Shovelcut's key, that's totally fine. I'm not happy at the method and execution, however.

edit: again, nothing against Shovelcut getting a key. It's totally fine. I didn't think about the ignore option. Don't Sarah and Ray have regular sparring sessions in the Trump thread?

It may have been just the forum ignore list. I don't use it, so I didn't think about that. Huh.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 9, 2017, 3:16:15 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Don't Sarah and Ray have regular sparring sessions in the Trump thread?

No clue, I actively avoid those threads. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info