Old characters in 3.0

Will I actually be able to use my characters from 2.6 Atlas of Worlds in the official release of the fall of Oriath?
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2017, 6:23:16 AM
Hello,

Your existing characters will never be deleted when the game is updated. However, when substantial passive skill tree changes are implemented, you may have your passive skill points refunded.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Two problems I have encountered thus far, and quite major ones, I would think.
(1) Old characters are indeed reallocated all their points, no biggie. BUT I find I can't play the new content due to dropouts, zone portal failures (ie it hangs there and then shuts down), and even when I keep my character in Oriath, I can't advance past the library, since Zana is simply not there!
Should this also be reported in the bug area?
Don't know if this is the place for it, but maybe someone can redirect me if not. Speaking of old characters...

When I load up my lvl 70 standard league shadow (completed the game on all 3 difficulty levels prior to 3.0), I can't play through the new content because it's already all "complete"! I don't mind the rebalance and I realize that for the first few acts of the new content I would be severely over-leveled, but I wasn't expecting to have all the areas unlocked and all the main quests finished for me :(.

I'll reiterate the OPs question...should this get reported in the bug area?
same thing for me, main quests, all of mine quests are complete for my pre 3.0 as well, I never got to meet Kitava :(
"
same thing for me, main quests, all of mine quests are complete for my pre 3.0 as well, I never got to meet Kitava :(

"
znomorph wrote:
Don't know if this is the place for it, but maybe someone can redirect me if not. Speaking of old characters...

When I load up my lvl 70 standard league shadow (completed the game on all 3 difficulty levels prior to 3.0), I can't play through the new content because it's already all "complete"! I don't mind the rebalance and I realize that for the first few acts of the new content I would be severely over-leveled, but I wasn't expecting to have all the areas unlocked and all the main quests finished for me :(.

I'll reiterate the OPs question...should this get reported in the bug area?

Just create a new character. It is usually the best thing to do after such an update ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info