Game Stability aaand Paste of new Content

Hi everyone!

First of all: I really enjoy Path of Exile, it´s an amazing game and the only game available at the moment that somehow catched and improved the feeling of Diablo 2 which I really loved.

Unfortunately the game experience turns horrible more and more nowadays. I think I have been playing since beta or close after that. I have also been playing Hardcore for a while 2 or 3 years back. I can´t say if the performance is really getting worse or if I just realise it more now that I spend more time with the game but at the moment the reliability/stability of the game/the servers is just crap.

I didn´t have those problems in Perandus/Prophecy and I think Essence was fine aswell but in Breach and now in Legacy it is getting worse and worse.

The problem with connection/server is basically that you can either have a Disc or the connection gets that horrbile that you cannot really play anymore. It doesn´t happen every hour or so but in my experience in the last few weeks it happened at least every few days that I lost a ton of currency due to maps disappearing in Discs or Bossfights becoming unplayable due to lagg. The great problem with that is not only the loss of like 20C or 1-2 Exalts in such an incident but that whenever you want to try something big you have to worry, while the run is already a challenge, if the servers will allow it.

Now what I am worrying about is ... at the moment we see tons of new content with a challenge league beeing up nearly permanent and the third big content update in a short time (as I see it). All this is definately great and makes Path of Exile what it is in comparisson what it was some years ago but if there is more and more new content, higher difficulty and less game reliability/server stability the content rises but the amount of it that I can experience grows smaller at least in comparisson.
Expecially if a new Meta allows like 20 new builds in general and 5 of them which are really strong but I just have the time to play 1/2 of them and it even takes some time for an average player to figure out what new possibilitys an update offers.

I think I read one of the Q&As and there was a question about it and the developers answer was that at least there is an effect of worse performance or it looks like that. I would really hoper that the developement of content gets a bit slower after the 3.0.0 update and the stability is getting better again.

What do you guys think about it? Do you have the same exoerience in terms of game stability?
And before I forget: I am not really into technics so some of the thing I describe might be called wrong here.
Last bumped on May 27, 2017, 1:33:54 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info