"Plague of Frogs" + "Order of the frozen sky" extremely dangerous

T10 map, "Plague of Frogs" triggered, only relevant mod on map -5% max resist; leaguestones: onslaught, bloodlines

Took ~5k (or more as I was flask spamming) burst damage from "Order of the frozen sky" frogs. There were no frogs on the screen. That was after becoming aware of the danger (so I didnt idle in the same spot or sth like that) and killing most (probably) of the frogs. Database says sth about frogs having "Damage 20%" so there may be sth weird going on.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have cwdt-Enfeeble setup which may have reduced the damage:

No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on May 27, 2017, 3:20:05 PM
Last bumped on May 27, 2017, 3:19:13 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Wait. Those frogs can have Bloodline mods?
"
SuperMotte wrote:
Wait. Those frogs can have Bloodline mods?

Yup, all magic monsters can.

-5 max resis is a major damage buff to this specific bloodlines though, so not sure why your underplaying that map attribute.

And if i recall correctly, the ice storm from frozen sky increases in damage the less of them are left. So killing an entire frog pack with a few left can deal stupendous amounts of damage.

And then there still crit potential, which i assume frozen sky can do? Though not entirely sure on that.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
-5 max resis is a major damage buff to this specific bloodlines though, so not sure why your underplaying that map attribute.

I am not (deliberately) "underplaying" - its a "20% more" on the damage.

"
Boem wrote:

And if i recall correctly, the ice storm from frozen sky increases in damage the less of them are left. So killing an entire frog pack with a few left can deal stupendous amounts of damage.

Have not heard that one before. You have a source?

"
Boem wrote:
And then there still crit potential, which i assume frozen sky can do? Though not entirely sure on that.

Did not get frozen - at least not long enough to notice it as such.
did you try bearer frogs? a single one of them almost oneshot me with 7k life and fortify up
"
Zrevnur wrote:

No i don't, checked poe wiki and also does not mention it.

But that's how i remember it worked or at least it did when it was originally released.
I do remember them changing frozen sky a few times though since it was overpowered upon release.

In the current game state you usually just wipe out the entire pack before you get a chance to notice something like this.

It might no longer function like that, or people just no longer notice it due to the current game state speed.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Don't open it
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Forgot to mention that I have cwdt-Enfeeble setup which may have reduced the damage:

"
DarkWap wrote:
did you try bearer frogs? a single one of them almost oneshot me with 7k life and fortify up

Dont remember getting hit by bearer frogs. This does indicate that there is sth going on though.

"
Boem wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

No i don't, checked poe wiki and also does not mention it.

Ok, thx for checking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info