**NEW UNIQUE** Gloriana's Subjugation

If you're doing something new for crafting you can make a new base item too. Like "Hammer of the blacksmith", "Tong of Magmas" or "Sinner's Fork". This game has a "rod" base in it so why not? +1 for your idea.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
so to recap, make a crafting item / unique, then make it's drop rate so rare that only the professional crafters will be able to afford / get it, so they can just further improve their hold on the game?

I like the concept but think it's just adding to the 1% that know how to master craft anyways which allows for what this unique does anyways.

So it needs to have a more of a drop rate like 1/5 the rate of Exalt or no one will ever use it.

If you make the item to available its worth declines, as does the value of crafted items.

The only league that will have that kind of scenario would be standard soft core. Still, it can drop for you for instance, possibly giving you a opportunity to sell it for hundreds of exalts, if nor a few Mirrors. All depends on the current status of the economy. But then again you might want to use it yourself if you have the required tools in your currency tab. Either way it is a win win in the early release of the league. IT would take months for it to become the tool for powerful tycoons that share the same throne for years now either way.

BUT.. in a fresh league, and a fresh economy that would be a different story. The item would be available as a drop based on drop chance, at the same time you would have a few mirrors or thousands of exalts dropped throughout the new league giving you the opportunity to strike gold and be able to afford the strongest builds (as soon as you learn what is the new meta) and farm all the games content /OR/ simply use the tool for your own gain. Since it would take you months to establish monopoly, it would be impossible to achieve it since the league would last around 3 months.
"
keeperofstars wrote:
so to recap, make a crafting item / unique, then make it's drop rate so rare that only the professional crafters will be able to afford / get it, so they can just further improve their hold on the game?

I like the concept but think it's just adding to the 1% that know how to master craft anyways which allows for what this unique does anyways.

So it needs to have a more of a drop rate like 1/5 the rate of Exalt or no one will ever use it.

exactly what i said, but you extended it rather nicely. But what I wanted to add is that excluding the few that can mastercraft well, there is also the issue of the cost that comes with it. Most player will never reach the level of currency needed to mastercraft efficiently especially if they plan to use this gear and not sell it for profit.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
i've been playing this game for almost 2 full years now and in every league since I joined and have gotten to all the end game content and farmed for weeks in each league at end game content. In all of that time I have never ever seen a mirror drop, my whole guild with some 100+ people has only had 1 mirror drop in league 1 time during that 2 year period.

Sure we might all just have super crazy bad rng, but point is they are rare as heck.

Then you take an item that only has a moderate at best benefit, aka being able to boost your prefix / suffix,

You can lock prefixs or suffixes so you can't roll them / change them, using master crafting for 2ex. by doing this in a certain way you can craft perfect items.

So you really just need 2 ex per craft to accomplish in a more meaningful way what this item does, oh and lvl 8 masters which aren't impossible to do with rotations.

so lets look at current mirror costs in league:
they hovering around 170ex in league, and about 180 in standard.

So for league, you could master craft 85 times for the same cost of this item.

And the unique doesn't guarantee it just provides a higher chance, so it's only good for attempting to get a better start to making an item versus master crafting with it. So you really are just saving yourself orbs of alteration, and regals more so than anything, cause you will still have to master craft an item to make it of any super level gear.

So now we need to look at ratios of orbs of alteration. Currently about 15 to 1c

so 170ex x 91c (ratio of ex to mirror) = 15,470c x 15 (ratio for alterations) = 232,050

So you could reroll for great bases somewhere around 250,000 times.
for the cost of this item.

I like the idea of the item, really do but think it needs to fall into the 10ex range or it's pointless to have it in game.

Interesting point there! I agree with your opinion as it is easier to craft items with master affixes and perhaps scouring bad ones. But...

How this item can be used?

Alterations/Regals as you noted.

Example:

Alt spam a Vaal Regalia into t1 flat es and t2 fire res. Now (with the item equipped in your main had) you are buffing the chance to get a prefix on the Regal further buffing the chance to get another ES prefix roll.

Lets say you got it. Now you are left with 2 prefixes and 1 suffix. So you cannot really block off the suffixes to yolo exalt cause you have 1 suffix left.

NOW, you CAN use Elreon's MULTI MOD (that is a suffix) and craft another suffix to block them off and use that Exalt in hopes of getting that 3rd ES roll.

Now is it really worth it spending 3 exalts in hopes of getting that 3rd ES roll? (and that is only 1 attempt) Note that if you fail the item is ruined since if you scour that bad preffix, you lose those 2 other that were good. So the item can be dumped.

Now this is only a example of its power. You can go for whatever you want really without having to use lvl 8 masters and spending ALOT of exalts to get that desired affix.

There is room to add a ability to affect Divine Orb uses or perhaps have a higher chance to roll that preffix/suffix in a higher tier than it would roll, OR have the roll chance as "LUCKY" and from the 2 rolls use up the higher one (whatever it is) similar to how the Diamond Flask works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the items rarity, same as a Mirror of Kalandra, you wouldn't ever farm it but farm for it, same as you would with a Mirror. Since if you farm a Mirror of Kalandra you are more likely to farm up currency + rare items in the value of a Mirror than actually getting a Mirror. But then again, on a active league a Mirror drops approximately every 3 days, so by the end of the week you might have at least 1 Hammer in the game. But you would start crafting Mirror items after 2-3 weeks I suppose giving you enough time to buy one, or if extremely lucky get one yourself.
b

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info