CoC Discharge vs. Atziri - what did I do wrong?

I have a lvl 90+ CoC Discharge assassin with typical setup. He has 9k ES. I failed twice to get the normal Atziri done. I didn't have any problem with the mobs or mini bosses but the four copies of Atziri and Atziri killed me again and again. Seeing how other people do Atziri so easily, I started to wonder if my computer is slow to play this game.

Last edited by b1ackic3 on May 25, 2017, 4:04:28 PM
Last bumped on May 27, 2017, 3:47:15 PM
You do know that the one holding a mirror reflects like atleast 100% of damage done back to you?
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
"
b1ackic3 wrote:
the four copies of Atziri and Atziri killed me again and again.

it is important to manually dodge (not get hit by) Atziri's telegraphed abilities, such as the storm calls and flameblasts. Yellow storm call and double flameblast (+1 per party member) are extremely deadly.

in the split phase (four copies) one holds up a mirror to the sky. That one has extremely high Reflect rate, so you either need 100% reduced reflect damage taken, or indirect damage/DoT, or you need to not hit that copy (so in your case either 100% reduced reflect damage taken or do not hit that copy)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
b1ackic3 wrote:
I have a lvl 90+ CoC Discharge assassin with typical setup. He has 9k ES. I failed twice to get the normal Atziri done. I didn't have any problem with the mobs or mini bosses but the four copies of Atziri and Atziri killed me again and again. Seeing how other people do Atziri so easily, I started to wonder if my computer is slow to play this game.

Do you understand the split phase of atziri? There is one copy that is instant death for CoC builds or any burst damage build. The copy of Atziri that is holding the mirror should not be hit ever. You will one shot yourself every time. She has high reflect damage.

You want to focus on one of the other copies during that phase. Preferrably the one EXACT OPPOSITE of the mirror one so that your AOE doesn't hit her on accident.
I did try to avoid the copy with a purple hand, assuming that is the mirror one.
"
b1ackic3 wrote:
I did try to avoid the copy with a purple hand, assuming that is the mirror one.

That doesn't sound right, purple hand I think is the lightning copy. The mirror is circular.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
b1ackic3 wrote:

That doesn't sound right, purple hand I think is the lightning copy. The mirror is circular.

Aah, that's not the mirror one!?
Does Atziri herself reflect elemental damage also?
"
b1ackic3 wrote:
Does Atziri herself reflect elemental damage also?

Nope, but her Storm Call and Flameblast are designed to kill the shit out of you :P
On the split phase, you need to burst one of them down as quickly as possible, don't get hit, and avoid the mirror.

Cyclone in general is not really a good skill for it because you have to be on top of her to do damage and its harder to avoid all her crap. It's perfectly possible, but bear in mind DPS is a big factor. If you can't insta gib her, you're gonna have a harder time, especially if you have no stun immunity outside of cyclone.

The purple hand one is actually a good one to aim for, since it's the easiest to identify.
Make sure youre not using Inc AoE, use Conc Effect instead. The biggest thing is you need to identify which one is the mirror copy and kill the one thats on the exact opposite side, not to the left or right. Reflect instantly kills you.

Use your Vinktars/Diamonds/Vaal Haste, any dps boost to quickly move through the phase, as her normal phases are completely negligible
Last edited by DrPriapism on May 26, 2017, 4:12:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info