MoM poison EK Nova Trickster

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Eww/characters
The character is named NostalgicMan

Videos
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/2TOgLABVv0A
Twilight Strand speedrun without frenzy charges, flasks, or vaal haste

https://youtu.be/Ovb7XYTh45k
Gorge speedrun with double beyond, chilled ground, reduced poison chance, and reduced life recovery. Please disregard my careless gameplay LOL instead try to focus on its strengths and weaknesses.

Build goal
Be super fast while having good dps and tankiness

How do we achieve this?
We go trickster for all of the attack and cast speed travel nodes, mana, and damage. We get a lot of movement speed nodes in the tree and 7 frenzy charges for super fast movement skills. We get a lot of damage through poison and double dipping by focusing on projectile damage wherever we can get it. We combine all the mana we get with a legacy Cloak of Defiance for hipster points and tankiness. And we get more tankiness through evasion and dodge.

Build strengths
-Easy to build with relatively cheap and easily available gear
-Utilizes double dipping before it gets changed
-Utilizes hipster cloak of defiance effectively
-SUPER fast. But not headhunter insanity gloves fast
-Can do all content in the game
-Strong throughout the leveling process
-Cannot be chilled or frozen and difficult to get stunned
-Never have to remember to cast auras
-Can do most map mods (physical reflect is the only impossible one)
-Flexible tree
-Gets the ranger flask nodes
-Easy playstyle

Build Weaknesses
-It’s a life build
-Doesn’t utilize any auras, but that has its upsides as well.
-Doesn’t use vaal pact, but it is possible to get
-Doesn’t crit, although with a little adjustment it is possible
-Only 93k tooltip dps with everything up(40k in hideout), but that doesn't include the poison which we scale heavily or the lack of chaos res on monsters in general.

Build Playstyle
Whirling blades or Shield Charge into a pack and proc fortify, click EK to win, repeat. If you take damage, warlord’s mark procs and you leach back to full. If the leech is too little, you can use instant flasks. With damage flasks up like a silver flask, diamond flask, atziri’s flask, and a witchfire brew, you deal a substantial amount of damage.

Tankiness in depth explanation:
This build has a large effective life pool for a life build. We get as much life and mana we can in the tree, and trickster gives a good amount of mana as well. With a legacy Cloak of Defiance, 40% of damage is taken from mana before life, and we don’t have to travel to MoM, which only gives 30%. We get Acrobatics, Phase acrobatics, and a lot of evasion in the tree and gear for more damage mitigation. We also get a lot of movement speed and attack speed in the tree so we can dodge manually effectively as well. We get a respectable amount of leech and tank through a cwdt immortal call and warlord’s mark setup. Atziri’s promise leech and Witchfire Brew’s smoke provides effective sustain and tankiness as well.

Damage in depth explanation
100% of our damage comes from EK and the poison it inflicts with a poison gem. We scale both through projectile damage which we get from the tree, Winds of Change, gems, and 7 frenzy charges. Since we don’t use any auras, we can use a Clear mind, which gives a hefty amount of spell damage and mana regeneration, which is great. This build is not heavily skill point reliant, so it is very flexible if you want to focus on double dipping, cast speed, crit, the initial hit, the poison, more jewel sockets, or vaal pact.

Fun mechanics to try out with this build
-This build has a 4l free to do whatever we want with. I put a flame dash and enhanced lightning golem in mine, but there are many possibilities. You can do a wither totem, wither cwc curse, minions, curse on hit movement skill, level gems, vaal lightning trap, the possibilities are endless.
Because we are a trickster, our movement skills are free and have a 10% chance to recover 20% of our mana. That means if you are low mana you can always bang you head against a wall with shield charge to get your mana back very fast. It’s a very amusing mechanic. That also means it is easy to do no-regen maps when EK doesn’t proc your mana recocovery.
-I haven’t tried this, but we are very close to block nodes. It is possible to respec dodge for those block nodes, and put a funky reckoning or tempest shield setup in an empty gem slot. The problem with that is since we spec into evasion, we might not get the chance to block.
-I haven’t tried this either, but we are right next to Winter Spirit, which converts 20% phys to cold. It might be an effective build path to go full elemental, but you would be missing out on double dipping poison in favor of double dipping fire if you use a Hrimburn and hatred.

Difficulty in this build
The shield might be hard to find. For some reason there are rarely any good evasion shields on the market for a reasonable price. You can attempt to craft one like I did with reasonable success using essences. Also damage over time is really dangerous because it doesn’t get mitigated by MoM and we have a relatively low raw life pool. Chaos res on gear would be helpful but we also use an atziri’s promise.

Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Eww on May 25, 2017, 5:11:15 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2017, 10:41:05 AM
Looks Interesting, Although it is a trickster and not a sab as the title says
OMG I mixed up the two. Thank you for telling me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info