Energy Shield Flasks

"
You still don't get it.

Instant life pots > Vaal Discipline.

Can we agree at least on this? In a boss fight out of potions? Go back to town and come back. Vaal discipline rarely can be used in fights where it matters. Will it save people during mapping? probably...but not while fighting bosses.

The one point I will concede too, is that we will have regen craftable on gear which will be nice. Definitely will be testing that out.

At the end I think average players will hit 5-6K life or 8-10K es. Hybrid will probably eclipse both of these. We'll see... at the end of it though my guess is more players will go hyrbid or full life in 3.0 since instant leech is too damn strong to give up if it is available on the tree.

Totally agree.
the thing is ES regens so dang fast if it regened like life where the only way to get it to be worth anything is to stuff about 20 nodes into just it. Then we have something to talk about.

To condition myself for ES post no vaal, been testing all my builds without it. My 6k ES elementalist has no problem lighting warping away for about 1 second to regen all 6k back, yes I had to pick up 3 ES regen nodes, but boo hoo.

Now it's been a royal pain with bosses like guardians that just have some light weight AOE spewing all over the arena, but outside of that it's been decent.

What I think should happen to better fix things is make ES have a flat damage that is needed to break the regen.

So that garbage bs doesn't rip it. Will help in the fights where there's junk doing like 100 damage, but doing it all over the screen

Also you still have ES leech option, it's just not instant, but pair it with a high damage build, that has tons of leech rate and should be interesting to watch. I could see, a slayer ES build that goes ES ghost reaver.

Can build up a ton of ES leech that just keeps going and going, Yes this was possible before, I did it was kind of fun, but was pointless cause well you basically ran past vaal pact to get there. Now it will have some added meaning.

Also Scion will have some fun ways to make ES still be super OP

Not to mention with new crafted items, ES is going to move to a carry 7k around if you get hit run away for 1 second get it right back, no pots needed, which allows you to use other pots instead of instant life ones.
Which can greatly jack your damage up, and do things like vinktars for more leech.

heck i even did a bezerker wander, that ran ES with just ghost reaver, didn't have enough point to make to vaal pact, but the 100% damage leech paid off, big time.

So just have to be creative, instead of asking for the game to babysit you.

"
keeperofstars wrote:
the thing is ES regens so dang fast if it regened like life where the only way to get it to be worth anything is to stuff about 20 nodes into just it. Then we have something to talk about.

To condition myself for ES post no vaal, been testing all my builds without it. My 6k ES elementalist has no problem lighting warping away for about 1 second to regen all 6k back, yes I had to pick up 3 ES regen nodes, but boo hoo.

Now it's been a royal pain with bosses like guardians that just have some light weight AOE spewing all over the arena, but outside of that it's been decent.

What I think should happen to better fix things is make ES have a flat damage that is needed to break the regen.

So that garbage bs doesn't rip it. Will help in the fights where there's junk doing like 100 damage, but doing it all over the screen

Also you still have ES leech option, it's just not instant, but pair it with a high damage build, that has tons of leech rate and should be interesting to watch. I could see, a slayer ES build that goes ES ghost reaver.

Can build up a ton of ES leech that just keeps going and going, Yes this was possible before, I did it was kind of fun, but was pointless cause well you basically ran past vaal pact to get there. Now it will have some added meaning.

Not to mention with new crafted items, ES is going to move to a carry 7k around if you get hit run away for 1 second get it right back, no pots needed, which allows you to use other pots instead of instant life ones.
Which can greatly jack your damage up, and do things like vinktars for more leech.

heck i even did a bezerker wander, that ran ES with just ghost reaver, didn't have enough point to make to vaal pact, but the 100% damage leech paid off, big time.

Good points.
"
keeperofstars wrote:

Pretty much agree with that.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info