Question about life regen for RF

I am planning on doing a RF build next league, and am wanting some input on what everyone thinks about utilizing 2 kaom's way rings for the insane regen with chieftain. With the build that I am planning I can effectively get around 30% life regen with those rings and all endurance charges up, while having 6 jewel sockets in the tree and 239% life, so with 7% life jewels I would have 281% and a bunch of strength.

I know I lose a lot of life and resists from the rings, but with kaom's boots now at 200 max life, I figure that would help make up the deficit with life, and if I can manage resists on other gear, do you think it would be worth it?

I plan on have at least 9k life with kaom's heart.

Thoughts?

Planned Build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAcbYWGM9_MRY9khfPxQg7w5QR8EEYSGE76LqEuHawXTtBS167y5T029kowHchNlHfr02ZU3SIfJBggdXDfObaGWWbJHOu-3ZYa2Nz34ZLiftBg7UfAn2xPbGrgxfHKdTpTwtg8y3Pv4K2L3yRTrhplc1kv6PTeODX0GH-ehodNpiGFaCxyj6mK24kxzcjxrr7prgRZ1TUqcI2CRWSMBmBLOiAPAfaPI8Be98n9-aO4Kb7DiFe2ZUOtgnL5BVGjgBkS3SdqzZfIzPfA6nVVugQ8iezVW1pzAB5zboGlUUTfxLvJ8Yka9sC2G5fsYEA9a9YKajJvMTpRYL
Last edited by hayze420 on May 24, 2017, 12:53:35 PM
Last bumped on May 24, 2017, 7:00:39 PM
Yes, go for it if you can deal with those resists.
"
hayze420 wrote:

Thoughts?

My initial thoughts are that you might want to wait on planning your tree until we see some of the changes to Burning/DoT damage nodes from 3.0 changes.

Might be really efficient to go pick up a new damage node at the cost of some life, which could but some strain on your plans.

But if you really want more Regen and can deal with the loss of Life (Which is also damage) and resists (Especially as you're also going Kaom's Roots + Heart for more items with no resists) then go for it.
No reason to wait until 3.0 if you want to play with it now. You'll get a full respec on that character (and all characters) when 3.0 goes live.

You still want to max your resists. I couldn't tell if you thought extra life would compensate for not having max resists or not. Even without the ring slots, you still have a few slots available to get resists and can always run additional purity auras. I don't know what auras you planned, but besides purty of fire I think you have options.

Don't forget to add in the resists from your Endurance charges when adding up your totals.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 24, 2017, 2:56:20 PM
I plan on running purity of fire, blasphemy/flamibility, and having either a +1 curse ammy or dropping some life for additional curse for vulnerability. It all depends, may end up just using 1 kaom's ring not sure yet. I know tree will change so it will effect my %dot damage I may end picking up, but I'm hopeful they have efficient pathing with %regen nodes and life nodes.
Several life-based RF builds for 2.6 already use Kaom's Way, so yeah it works at least for now, though if you go Roots + Heart on top you might run into resist issues.
We can't know how good it will be for 3.0 however.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info