new ascended class information question

i dunno why i felt it was hard to read but I think it was saying something about being able to start in another classes passive tree...does this mean i could say be a shadow but use the witches necromancer tree? or the fencer but use the rangers pathfinder tree? this comes from the news they announced today btw incase your wondering.
Last bumped on May 23, 2017, 3:19:58 PM
The update is for scion ascendancy which has always been able to start at another classes' tree. They just re-balanced scion ascendancy to no longer be a running gag.
They made it less runny and gaggy, and more, trolly. Still a shitty class, with some minor exclusions. Like, I run a Scion Warchiefer, tri-totem 833k per totem, for 2.5mil dps. Which is only achievable via using both a templar and marauder ascendancy. Which only scion can do. But outside of 1 or maybe 2 possible build types. The scion class is a joke. Its suck tho, since she is the hottest bae of the exiles. The witch is a slut, ammarite? I bet she doesnt even wear panties under them dress.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
Last edited by Totes_Adorbs on May 23, 2017, 11:09:50 AM
i wish you could choose male or female for the classes, thats the only real reason i dont play scion...
"
i wish you could choose male or female for the classes, thats the only real reason i dont play scion...

Its called ARPG for a reason. What do you think the R stands for?
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"

it is more a problem of animations, items' 3D art, voice acting and stuff. it requires work, money and adds nothing to actual gameplay. not worth it imo
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"

it is more a problem of animations, items' 3D art, voice acting and stuff. it requires work, money and adds nothing to actual gameplay. not worth it imo

Nah, it's all to do with the Role Playing elements.

Since, animations, art, voice acting etc, could all be justified by making alternate gender exiles be MTX to cover the costs.

The core problem is that the reason each exile has specific lore regarding why they are there, why they react to certain events in the way that they do and why their areas of the tree are the way they are (For example, Ranger is well... A ranger. Always outdoors and exploring. Hence she comments about the beauty of nature all the time. Hence also getting a lot of bow related passives etc)

On Topic:

The update to Scion won't give any more functionality than already exists, that being that a 5 point investment can allow you to allocate passives as if you were playing a different exile on the tree.

However the main improvement is that they're taking some specific passives from the other ascendencies and making them more intact when converting them into the Scion's Ascendent-Lite version.

Allowing her to get more of the core power of that specific class than her current massively watered down piles of awfulness.

Though, my only qualms with what they're proposing is it seems like they're outright nerfing the Elementalist and Berserker options, while also not actually doing anything to Occultist and Chieftain and providing very marginal changes to several other (Like, 10% chance here and 5% more damage there)

Seems kind of odd to be honest. Also, I'm a bit salty about no more Culling on Slayer (Though that Leech thing is sweet af)

Also... PLEASE do something to Deadeye's pierce chance... Like, at least make it 35% so that the A2 Cruel jewel lets you hit 50%, if not just make it 50% itself so you can hit 100% with just the Support/Piercing Shots node...
"
Tarille wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Nah, it's all to do with the Role Playing elements.

Since, animations, art, voice acting etc, could all be justified by making alternate gender exiles be MTX to cover the costs.

The core problem is that the reason each exile has specific lore regarding why they are there, why they react to certain events in the way that they do and why their areas of the tree are the way they are (For example, Ranger is well... A ranger. Always outdoors and exploring. Hence she comments about the beauty of nature all the time. Hence also getting a lot of bow related passives etc)

So the lore is tied to the specific gender?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:

So the lore is tied to the specific gender?

Yes.

For example, Marauder, I've not seen any examples or hints towards female Karui Warriors.

The Witch is defined by "Looking Frail and Delicate". Also, is a Witch, not a Wizard.

The Scion talks about her pre-exile life where she got Dresses, went to Dances and had Suitors lined up for her.

Then of course, there's the big issue of GGG have written specifically, for that specific character.

They wouldn't want to have you swap in another character (Even if it is just a gender swap) to that story.

It'd be like asking JK Rowling to let you swap in a female Harry Potter. You just don't mess with a writers story like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info