Question for GGG on FOO campaign reset

Greetings GGG,

I have recently begun playing POE again and I'm enjoying the experience. One thing that I like doing is playing single characters for long stretches of time and I have been playing the campaign from normal to merciless difficulty and I noticed that whenever you switch on to a new campaign difficulty that the questlines reset and its like your starting over.

With the release of Fall of Oriath, is it possible to re-run the campaign like it was fresh on a single character?

I play the Scion and I like how she comments on killing bosses and coming into new areas, but I notice that when you complete the questlines...she no longer comments. Neither has any of my other characters.

Will you alone for this to happen or am I going to have to create a new character to have that experience again?
Last bumped on May 19, 2017, 3:28:51 AM
no, you would need to create a new character.
It will be smoother if you have experience, then the curve kicks in steep at later acts (unless ggg nerfs damage in acts 6-7 so hard) 8 will be in closed beta, maybe 9 too and ten only on release (maybe alpha invites)
No Problem,
Exile
"
almostdead wrote:

Do you have a source for this somewhere? I would like it confirmed.
"
Vordimier wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:

It was like he said when Act 3 was released.
When act 3.5 was released.
When Act 4 was released.
It will be the same when FoO will be released.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Vordimier wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:

It was like he said when Act 3 was released.
When act 3.5 was released.
When Act 4 was released.
It will be the same when FoO will be released.

I didn't realize he said it was already this way. Thanks.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Anyone NOT making a new character if they want to experience 3.0 as a story progression is doing themselves a huge disservice. And missing the point, I think.

QFT!

"
鬼殺し wrote:
But there's one niggling issue. Quest rewards. It's no secret they're going to change in 3.0 -- we'll only have one bandit encounter in act 2, after all. Are GGG just going to say, 'fuck it, start over if you want the new rewards' or will they have some system in place that 'boosts' existing characters on Standard by removing the old quest rewards and adding the new? I don't see that happening.

It should be interesting to see how they handle this.

Oh, I haven't even given the bandit changes much thought but it will be interesting to see how they handle that.

I bet they do something like just remove all bandit rewards from existing chars and require you to re-do the bandits quest to get the new reward. And all old chars will have a mandatory passive reset so that if you took passives from the bandits there won't be any issues.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Sounds about right. It's hardly a pressing issue, but it is something they'll have to negotiate.

Yup, those +1 maximum "X" charges from merciless bandits are so good toward builds dedicated to their respective "X" charge.

Edit: I mostly hoping they are redistributed elsewhere where there are still no rewards for completing a quest or act boss kill.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on May 18, 2017, 8:05:09 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Anyone NOT making a new character if they want to experience 3.0 as a story progression is doing themselves a huge disservice. And missing the point, I think.

Of course, if you don't care about the story, carry on. :)

__

But there's one niggling issue. Quest rewards. It's no secret they're going to change in 3.0 -- we'll only have one bandit encounter in act 2, after all. Are GGG just going to say, 'fuck it, start over if you want the new rewards' or will they have some system in place that 'boosts' existing characters on Standard by removing the old quest rewards and adding the new? I don't see that happening.

It should be interesting to see how they handle this.

The bandits quests are titally being reworked, maybe even put to sidequests (rewards) and remove them... Or move all the bandits to different acts/locations.

...afaik There are in testrealm no bandits... GGG needs to state what's true and not.
No Problem,
Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info